Iris Battlefield airlifter. (C-27 Spartan) - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Iris Battlefield airlifter. (C-27 Spartan)

Btw. Confirmed, in Flightsimstore I take 1.1 version (updated) from my old links.

Not many free time to check all, maybe after the weekend but Thank You!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Hi guys, just eating lunch, but I wanted to thank you all for some great suggestions! We're aware of the issue with the marker beacon sounds linked to the PC-9 and that'll be addressed this afternoon. I'll advise you all when a hotfix is ready.
    What if we install the freeware version of the IRIS classics PC9 ? Does that archive includes the sounds we're talking about ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    try this

just remove the whole GPS entry completely and copy a paste a entry from a stock ac

That did the trick! Thank you.. I thought I had tried that but it turned out I just copied the one off of the back up I made and pasted it onto the CFG file again.. Sometimes I am my own worst enemy..
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Storm,

I can't say I've had a huge issue with ILS hold. Normally I put it in Approach hold when I'm already established on the ILS. That being said, double check to make sure your PFD isn't set to MSN as the nav priority otherwise it won't hold the ILS.
    David,

I made a double check and made sure the PFD was set to TCN & not MSN. The localizer captured pretty well but there's still a tendency for it tracking back & forth (s-turning) on the beam. Also, at some point during the initial localizer capture, there is no pitch hold (I have to manually fly the pitch axis) until the glideslope is intercepted. Once on G/S, it tracks straight as an arrow locked on pitch and heading all the way down the ILS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    I'm screwed, thanks to FS PilotShop. They require an additional fee to reactivate the link to something I've already paid for.

I wont EVER do business with them again.
    I ran into the same thing when I checked my account . A $4.95 "Reactivation Fee" for the download . They lost my business a couple of years ago .
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Gdavis101 View Post
    That did the trick! Thank you.. I thought I had tried that but it turned out I just copied the one off of the back up I made and pasted it onto the CFG file again.. Sometimes I am my own worst enemy..
    I use the ozx gps for everything as it shows ai movement and other things

Btw. is it possibile to do air refuel in this new version? For example with TacPack.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I've not tried to with TacPack to be honest. No TacPack functions have been added at this stage though.

That being said, there is a way to do it in the manual, possibly near the end. I can't recall though. Or it's under the fuel panel section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm uploading a new patch. This is the changelog from today's feedback.

Build Number: 1.1.5.141001.1823

Items Fixed

· Marker Beacon audio files no longer cause a software fault.
    · GPS No longer fills the entire screen.
    · GPWS callouts no longer happen when taking off.
    · Added missing Formation Lights to the right side of the Blank White paint-scheme.

Features altered

· Payload values set to empty on initial load.
    · Flaps Warning now occurs at 10 knots below flap limits.
    · ECS Fan volume reduced in virtual cockpit.
    · Maryland ANG paint corrected.
    · Replaced switch, knob and button audio files.
    · Corrected landing gear handle texture.

Features added

· FMS view added to Virtual Cockpit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's a direct link. Just install to the platform you require.

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/fi...fix_ba_115.exe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No TacPack functions have been added at this stage though.
    But maybe idea for a next small update (only In flight refuel option with TacPack). Its a few code lines in the model, You know it better for sure .

btw. thx for quick update!

Last edited by YoYo; October 1st, 2014 at 10:25.

I am missing a middle_marker wav from the SYS folder.

Anyone else getting that message?

I checked the SYS folder and it is not there.

BTW does anyone have the proposed US Army version images?

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by rsgunner View Post
    I am missing a middle_marker wav from the SYS folder.

Anyone else getting that message?

I checked the SYS folder and it is not there.

Russ
    I have the same error :\. I hope it will fixed soon.

+ some problems with thumbnails (they show not exactly this model), same with 3d model in preview in fsx menu (example grey skin of RAAF)

1 more shot. Btw. nice fps with 5 MFD...

Last edited by YoYo; October 1st, 2014 at 14:24.

Thank you David and your team for giving us this update - i like it a lot ! Imho it is a great customer-support that Irissimulations is doing this way

Last edited by YoYo; October 1st, 2014 at 14:21.

For those who have bought on the FS Pilot shop. Check your accounts again. Mine has a free download as of around Noon EST. I have a feeling you were looking at the old version. My old version expired 2 years ago but today it was active again after they uploaded the new version.

Dave

Thank you for the update. Yes, the link has been reopened by FS PilotShop, but wasnt not as of yesterday. It appears as though they posted the new aircraft today.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    The only other issue I have encountered so far is that I've had trouble with the autopilot approach hold working correctly. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. The issues being that it tracks s-turning back & forth on the localizer after capture and sometimes does not capture the glideslope at all. The instruments track perfectly and flying the ILS by hand with the new instrumentation is a vast improvement over the previous version. I tried a couple of adjustments to the A/P section of the config but to no avail. As far as I can tell, the remainder of the A/P controls work pretty much flawlessly.
    Same issue here. Checked, double checked, triple checked, everything set correctly. ILS autopilot tracking is dodgy for me.

Agree, fantastic improvement. Very nice flight dynamics. Very nice having all the options through the FMC control panel. Well done!

Hi guys,

I've been chatting to some other guys recently and they'e offered up some model changes, so expect a new full build early next week to 1.2

It's great having all this feedback.

BTW, if you're a painter and want some of your paints added to the core product to be distributed with the product please let me know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also, we'll look into TacPack refuelling and defensive systems.

And finally, would you like the Co-Pilot's MFD to be independant of the pilot's MFD and the other two FMS units coded to be seperate even if that comes with a slight performance loss?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And finally, would you like the Co-Pilot's MFD to be independant of the pilot's MFD and the other two FMS units coded to be seperate even if that comes with a slight performance loss?
    That would be great! Perhaps it can be set up as an option so both the folks who have high end and lower end system specs can optimize for best performance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank goodness the exterior wasn't changed. It was beautiful to begin with and all the old paints still work far as I can tell. The new flight dynamics are a pure joy! Didn't someone mention a prospective US Army paint? That would be nice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m7diig61WG1qe6nyz_medium.gif 
Views:	2 
Size:	274.1 KB 
ID:	12788

Ad 1/ Yes, yes, yes for TacPack ifr option!

Ad 2/ not very necessarily, perhaps it will have big impact for fps, now is very good with fps.

Thank You David!

btw. maybe NVG otion with TacPack too? (like in Dino's models: LCtrl+LShtf+N from VC only, default key for night vision googles)

The new pilot will come to us "and updated art to populate the previously blank panels" :

How can I activate the co-pilot in the virtual cockpit ?
    It seems to me that it would show in the original version, right ? But in the new version, I can't find how to show him/her...

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    How can I activate the co-pilot in the virtual cockpit ?
    It seems to me that it would show in the original version, right ? But in the new version, I can't find how to show him/her...
    It will be added back in the coming update!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members who have read this thread: 4