Iris Battlefield airlifter. (C-27 Spartan) - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Iris Battlefield airlifter. (C-27 Spartan)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    It will be added back in the coming update!
    Great! I for one hate flying in an empty cockpit. It's not natural, or real. Nor is it real having an empty pilots seat.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    David, I love the new model but I do like the old AC-27 model a bit better, it just more menacing to me. I tried to use the old model with the new VC and flight dynamics, and everything works fine except the propellers which do not spin at all.. Is there an easy way to fix this..?

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

If you have the latest IRIS PC9A the middle_maker wav file is in the PC9-AUDIO Folder.

Copy and paste it to the sound/SYS folder in Battlefield Airlifter. Works perfectly.

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Ferry,

Unfortunately there really is no quick fix for it, though I agree, the older AC-27J model looks more 'beefy', I'll see about adding it in as a model option in 1.2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by rsgunner View Post
    If you have the latest IRIS PC9A the middle_maker wav file is in the PC9-AUDIO Folder.

Copy and paste it to the sound/SYS folder in Battlefield Airlifter. Works perfectly.

Russ
    I havent PC-9 so I have this:

But not a big problem now for me, I can wait for 1.2 update.

Btw. No NVG is nedeed. This HUD for night opertion works well (must read the manual : ] finally ).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

just a heads up... roundel missing port side

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-2_7-47-45-164.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	12801Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-2_7-47-49-371.jpg 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	12802

Thanks doublecool... I want to update and replace that scheme anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stinger II.jpg 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	12809

Stinger II

A while back, for the older model, I modified the Combat Talon repaint by changing the tail number and adding the scorpion. CaptSim Weps allows me to "shoot"

Thanks to the IRIS Team for this update. Cant wait for Ver. 1.2

Jeff
    I pass gas!

The new nice skin:

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Middle Marker Sound File

The middle marker .wav file is also in the PC-21 Sound file.

Thanks for the updates Dave (better late than never). They are quite good.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    The middle marker .wav file is also in the PC-21 Sound file.

Thanks for the updates Dave (better late than never). They are quite good.
    Good find! I have PC-21. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Good find! I have PC-21. Thanks!
    You are very welcome. Love your screenies!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Just wanted to confirm the older download is "DBS-385.zip" from the Flightsim Pilot Shop? That's all I have showing from a 2011 purchase date for the original.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Just wanted to confirm the older download is "DBS-385.zip" from the Flightsim Pilot Shop? That's all I have showing from a 2011 purchase date for the original.
    Yes it has the same file name as the original. Check the "last updated" date on your order page for it. Should say the last week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    The new nice skin:
    yuck! it looks only half complete

Thats based off a fictional artist impression of a what if

Thanks Jeansy, I'm glad you like it... took me most of the day to do, and it's based of the old caribou paint scheme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Thanks Jeansy, I'm glad you like it... took me most of the day to do, and it's based of the old caribou paint scheme.
    i apologize i meant to say yuck that scheme doesnt suite it and in its current pictured form its very pre 2007 speculation, as there is nothing on the image saying work in progress, i amused its a completed livery and to me, knowing what your trying to achieve, for me it looks incomplete with the incorrect sqn markings and green underside, however its a work in progress shot, well yes i could understand

and look of it from a Australians perspective, its like posting a vintage Ansett paint with a Qantas red tail without finishing it off with on a 777, but the thing i cant understand is why keep and add fictional RAAF schemes in the package instead of adding a true to life one.
    Last edited by jeansy; October 3rd, 2014 at 23:20.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Pardon me, is that tail logo on the RAAF scheme a Dingo?? Have to ask as I never seen that logo, educational curiousness.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Pardon me, is that tail logo on the RAAF scheme a Dingo?? Have to ask as I never seen that logo, educational curiousness.
    It was the former tail marking of 38Sdqn when they operated caribous, the animal as seen in the Sdqn crest, it was decommissioned 5 yrs ago when they decommissioned the caribou and replaced it with the Kingair 350s and now use 38 Sdqn as a training Sdqn

Last edited by jeansy; October 3rd, 2014 at 23:21.

Wondering if anybody could help with this as this is a new error I have not ran into before. After I selected the aircraft for the first time FSX asked me if I wanted run a Doug Dowson guage I think and selected yes assuming it was something for the panel. Immediately after that I got warning Load Sound File Failed error box for the files Buzz3 and AV_Fan. I checked and files are where they (I assume) belong. I have tried restarting after install and that did not help, it still gives the load sound file failed error box but it did not ask about the guage. I was going to uninstall and reinstall it but there is uninstaller to be found. Any help would be appreciated.

"Version 1.2 of the Battlefield Airlifter is now available for download from the IRIS Storefront.
    Simply log into your account and re-download the product from your original purchase invoice.
    We will be informing other distributors of the updated files today."

David has a
    birthday Today?

Wow, that was fast. While I wait for it to show up at FS Pilotshop, I hope to read some reviews of the new features.

Thanks IRIS!

Jeff
    I pass gas!

Storm,

It has been available ar FS Pilot for a couple of days now.

Dave

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    Storm,

It has been available ar FS Pilot for a couple of days now.
    Dave, this is the updated updated version. ;-)
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members who have read this thread: 5