Iris Battlefield airlifter. (C-27 Spartan) - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Iris Battlefield airlifter. (C-27 Spartan)

For those of you who've purchased the C-27 from FSS, the file name will be the same as the original, though the installer should be newer. Have you tried downloading the installer to check?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I got mine from FS PilotShop. It shows the file was updated back on 14 June 2014, so I dont think they've got the newest version yet.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    For those of you who've purchased the C-27 from FSS, the file name will be the same as the original, though the installer should be newer. Have you tried downloading the installer to check?
    No David, but I will now
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    The name has changed (Iris_Airforce_tact_fsx.exe) , and so has the file size! Downloading now!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Awesome... The installer will say Battlefield Airlifter V1.1 when you run it anyway. If it doesn't, then well.. it's old. If it's not updated, please let me know and I'll chase it up with Adrian.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick question for David regarding the VC on the model, I see that some of the different pedestal display units are black indicating they are either not on or the gauge/placeholder texture are not in place. Searching through the manual, I did not see any reference on this or if there is an option but noticed some of the buttons on the center & right FMS are clickable but with no function. Is there a way to enable these displays or at least get the placeholder appearance of the original version?
    Attachment 12728Attachment 12729

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Awesome... The installer will say Battlefield Airlifter V1.1 when you run it anyway. If it doesn't, then well.. it's old. If it's not updated, please let me know and I'll chase it up with Adrian.
    Looks like the updated model is at the Flightsim Store, same name for the downlink but the file is different than it was a few hours ago!! I believe iris_airforce_tact_fsx.exe is correct? Will know upon installing no doubt.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quick check before bedtime, and it is indeed updated at the Flightsim Store!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I didn't know there was a specific licence for P3D. :/
    I have installed the newest version in my P3D v2.3 (I don't use FSX anymore).
    The plane works quite well but I found a small issue: during the approach for landing, I had some error popups (the sim didn't crash) about some missing sounds files with a name containing "PC-9".
    From what I understand, the C-27 or one of its gauges is trying to use a sound from the PC-9, which is not installed in my P3D.

From what was written here a bit earlier, I understand I can buy the P3D version of the C-27 with an interesting discount, because I had already bought the FSX version. But will this issue dissappear if I buy the real P3D version ?

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Quick question for David regarding the VC on the model, I see that some of the different pedestal display units are black indicating they are either not on or the gauge/placeholder texture are not in place. Searching through the manual, I did not see any reference on this or if there is an option but noticed some of the buttons on the center & right FMS are clickable but with no function. Is there a way to enable these displays or at least get the placeholder appearance of the original version?
    Attachment 12728Attachment 12729
    Same issue on my side.
    Also, in the original version, there was a 3D copilot, right ? How can we activate it again with the newest version ? (or is it again a problem because I don't have the P3D version ? )

At last I can fly the Spartan!

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

A couple of other things ive notice

There appears to be a model missing, there is no AWAC model as shown in the screenshots and the GPS gauge fills the screen and the model randomly bounces in sets of 3 occasionally while sitting idle

the FMC is difficult to read while in the chair, maybe a pop up window or new view

no options menu like the previous version?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	12731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	12732

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    A couple of other things ive notice

There appears to be a model missing, there is no AWAC model as shown in the screenshots and the GPS gauge fills the screen and the model randomly bounces in sets of 3 occasionally while sitting idle

the FMC is difficult to read while in the chair, maybe a pop up window or new view

no options menu like the previous version?

Name:	2.jpg 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	12731Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	12732
    Matt, the AWAC and Gunship models are available within subsets of the FMS menu as are many other options. I agree, the GPS gauge needs to be sized down a bit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Matt, the AWAC and Gunship models are available within subsets of the FMS menu as are many other options. I agree, the GPS gauge needs to be sized down a bit.

cheers found it, just trying to read the text without having to zoom all the way in is proving to be lesser than enjoyable, it needs a popup or new view

Name:	Image41.jpg 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	12733Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image31.jpg 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	12734
    Last edited by jeansy; September 30th, 2014 at 18:55.

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Yep I am in the same boat, FSS waiting for them to update current C27J customer's.
    I just downloaded what I think is the new version from FlightSim Store...iris_airforce_tact_fsx.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

I'm screwed, thanks to FS PilotShop. They require an additional fee to reactivate the link to something I've already paid for.

I wont EVER do business with them again.
    I pass gas!

I can't get the GPS to display at all, I am running three monitors but even in Windowed mode with it compacted down to one screen I can't get it to show. I have made the adjustments I have found for other aircraft when using 3 monitors but it will not except it at all. Went back to the old C-27 and the GPS worked there, tried copying that part of the panel config over but still it does not seem to work. Ideas?

I have added in

window_size= 0.333, 0.874
    and even
    size_mm=5040, 1050
    Pixel_size=5040, 1050
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Gdavis101 View Post
    I can't get the GPS to display at all, I am running three monitors but even in Windowed mode with it compacted down to one screen I can't get it to show. I have made the adjustments I have found for other aircraft when using 3 monitors but it will not except it at all. Went back to the old C-27 and the GPS worked there, tried copying that part of the panel config over but still it does not seem to work. Ideas?

I have added in

window_size= 0.333, 0.874
    and even
    size_mm=5040, 1050
    Pixel_size=5040, 1050
    try this

just remove the whole GPS entry completely and copy a paste a entry from a stock ac

just revised the textures for the correct RAAF scheme to suite the newer models so its no longer a fictional scheme

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-raaf-a34-001/

Last edited by jeansy; September 30th, 2014 at 17:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I didn't know there was a specific licence for P3D. :/
    I have installed the newest version in my P3D v2.3 (I don't use FSX anymore).
    The plane works quite well but I found a small issue: during the approach for landing, I had some error popups (the sim didn't crash) about some missing sounds files with a name containing "PC-9".
    From what I understand, the C-27 or one of its gauges is trying to use a sound from the PC-9, which is not installed in my P3D.

From what was written here a bit earlier, I understand I can buy the P3D version of the C-27 with an interesting discount, because I had already bought the FSX version. But will this issue dissappear if I buy the real P3D version ?
    Im getting the same, even after a re install, this applies to the bouncing as well

Name:	Image1.jpg 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	12739

Folks, I encountered the same sound error when I was shooting an ILS and it seems to happen when one of the gauges or ini files is referencing the missing sounds for the marker beacons (those who do not have the Iris PC-9 as I don't). So, I created a null file using 3 silent files to temporarily alleviate the issue until a fix is made. Just unzip this file and place in your FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes folder and the issue will be resolved.
    Attachment 12751

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi guys, just eating lunch, but I wanted to thank you all for some great suggestions! We're aware of the issue with the marker beacon sounds linked to the PC-9 and that'll be addressed this afternoon. I'll advise you all when a hotfix is ready.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The only other issue I have encountered so far is that I've had trouble with the autopilot approach hold working correctly. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. The issues being that it tracks s-turning back & forth on the localizer after capture and sometimes does not capture the glideslope at all. The instruments track perfectly and flying the ILS by hand with the new instrumentation is a vast improvement over the previous version. I tried a couple of adjustments to the A/P section of the config but to no avail. As far as I can tell, the remainder of the A/P controls work pretty much flawlessly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Storm,

I can't say I've had a huge issue with ILS hold. Normally I put it in Approach hold when I'm already established on the ILS. That being said, double check to make sure your PFD isn't set to MSN as the nav priority otherwise it won't hold the ILS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 5