just random pics

Thread: just random pics

just random pics

Commander Bill's Thunder Mustang,or not..this has a 300HP 12 cylinder engine,,a V12 if you will.Bill used to fly for a Sacramento area radio station and did the traffic report in the mornings,i would listen to him and local law enforcement pilots,and the local news helicopters jabber on my scanner,was alot of fun to hear them..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2228.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	12631

This is an AN-2 that was trucked to California (kaun) and is being restored/rebuilt...one of the "buddies" whos working on the aircraft told me the owner plans to use it as a work-horse as they were intended...but i read some where that the AN-2 can be flown in the USA ,but must be civilian and not a working aircraft..is this incorrect info?..at anyrate,its going to be cool to see and hear in the skys of Auburn/Placer county...he did say that he believes the guy is going to give rides at times..ill be all over that!!....lol

Name:	100_2231.jpg 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	12632

this C-45 is just sexy..not sure how else to describe it..this was the only half decent pic i could get though.

Name:	100_2234.jpg 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	12633

Dreadknought (sp)...guy named Chris was flying it..did a great job...NO aerobatics...he was doing a routine
    that was just borderline...lol

Name:	100_2247.jpg 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	12634

ID:	12634[/QUOTE]

yeah, the dreadnought was involved in a mid-air collision with a Cessna 210, which crashed into the waters of San Pablo Bay near Richmond, California, after it collided with the Hawker Sea Fury. Killed the pilot of the 210.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post

ID:	12634
    yeah, the dreadnought was involved in a mid-air collision with a Cessna 210, which crashed into the waters of San Pablo Bay near Richmond, California, after it collided with the Hawker Sea Fury. Killed the pilot of the 210.[/QUOTE]

yes,i talked to Brian Saunders just after that crash...the whole bunch were upset..the cessna was owned by the family,and the pilot was one of the family pilots (not a relative)..it was a bad thing.

[QUOTE=Daveroo;907434]

This is an AN-2 that was trucked to California (kaun) and is being restored/rebuilt...one of the "buddies" whos working on the aircraft told me the owner plans to use it as a work-horse as they were intended...but i read some where that the AN-2 can be flown in the USA ,but must be civilian and not a working aircraft..is this incorrect info?..at anyrate,its going to be cool to see and hear in the skys of Auburn/Placer county...he did say that he believes the guy is going to give rides at times..ill be all over that!!....lol

Name:	100_2231.jpg 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	12632

The last I heard the AN-2 was not certified for commercial operations in the US or Canada. It was said it was not because of any deficiency but when they were going so cheap they would have devastated the market for Western aircraft

You've got a couple of classics in there Dave!

Members who have read this thread: 0