P3D patch 2.4 coming Monday

Thread: P3D patch 2.4 coming Monday

P3D patch 2.4 coming Monday

2.4 will be released Monday 9-29-14
    http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452190-.../#entry3083435

Patrick

Great, and Pete Dowson's on holiday again!

I won't bother with this one. Ver 2.3 is running fine and the list of improvements doesn't show anything that I've had a concern about or feel is necessary at this time. Not going to mess with something that for me. . .isn't broken.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I won't bother with this one. Ver 2.3 is running fine and the list of improvements doesn't show anything that I've had a concern about or feel is necessary at this time. Not going to mess with something that for me. . .isn't broken.
    Agree with you on this one for sure. NC

Although I haven't suffered from OOMs at least yet, that fix for the .bgl memory leak is really good stuff. And many rendering fixes may have also postive effect on performance. I'll definitely update my P3D! Besides, I tend to keep all my software and drivers always up to date and I won't make an exception with P3D either. I might wait a compatible FSUIPC version to be released before installing, though

FSX people who transferred to P3D can now feel the excitment (and pain) of Xplaners: It is great to have a platform that is under constant developement, but with addons everething may not be so smooth after the update. I have quite easy setup myself so far (that is my P3D isn't bloated yet), so no big harm done even if I have to install everything again: an hour or two and I'm flying again

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Me three. I'm up to 10 hrs. without a hitch so far.............

LD
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Great, and Pete Dowson's on holiday again!
    You would think they would coordinate the release with when FSUIPC is up to date rather than attract a myriad of complaints from folks pointing out the obvious. It looks bad on ther forum imo.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I feel your pain and respect your opinion,The problem with not updating P3D is when developers release New products or update old ones and these will require the newest version of the sim.

Patrick

Patch 2.4 is live now.

Best regards
    Dag

My downloads are complete but I am hesitate about attempting to install the update.

For me trying to do the patch last time was a nightmare. No success at all.

I had to do a full install to get the correct version to display.

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Well. . .I caved, lol. I wasn't going to mess with this because . . .well, several reasons. After talking with some others here and on other forums, I decided to give it a shot by just doing the patch. There is a blow by blow instruction on "How-to" in the LM Forums and by following that I was able to run the patch without losing anything I already had installed. A few "after patch" observations. . .Instant Scenery does not work (imagine that, lol). You'll get the message that it hasn't been tested with this version of P3D and the sim will load, but when you open IS3 you get a quick error message (click OK on that) then you can open the objects libraries, but when you select an object it won't show in the sim if you try to place it, lol. Also, the latest version of FSUIPC appears to work just fine.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?min...ewtopic&t=8502
    Last edited by falcon409; September 29th, 2014 at 12:25. Reason: added link to "How-To"

I followed the instructions and met with success.

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Me too, followed the instructions to the last detail and voila :-)

Dag

2.4 patch- no problem

Just a word to those hesitating to install the 2.4 patch. I read the instructions in the LM forum and decided it sounded much too complicated for me so I just downloaded 2.4, took a deep breath, and ran the install wizard. No problems.

I have loads of ex-FSX add-on scenery and add-on planes, they were all still there and working OK after the install, FSUIPC still works, FSTramp still works.

I can't say that I can see any dramatic improvements over 2.3 but I didn't have any problems with that to start with.

Bob.

Seems the Lockheed Martin Website is down right now. None of my links work. All get a HTTP 500 internal server error, including the front page. Will have to try later.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Probably a temporary effect, access is normal here including the store.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

yep, downloading now.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 2