FS2004 RAZBAM Skyraider nee help for effects

Thread: FS2004 RAZBAM Skyraider nee help for effects

Hallo, it is me again with a problem,

I' m working on 2D panels for the RAZBAM Skyraiders.
    They are very near to be published.
    I added working nav lights to the Skyraider, allright.
    I added also working cannon effects, allright.
    I tried to add working missile effects, hmmm they explode very close to the aircraft and not far in front, so not very fine.
    I tried to add also engine smoke effekt at engine start, in fact taken from the MAAM Avenger, hmmm could be better adjusted, but do not know how to do.
    I tried at last to add exhaust fire effect and that is the main reason to write this post.
    I failed completely!
    I tried to use different published effekts but the was onle to be seen on one side ore not to be seen at all,grrrrrr.

So my my questions to the experts:
    1. does someone allmost have done engine effects for this bird?
    2. would someone be interested to do effects that show flames when engine starts and than show blue flame when the engine runs?
    3.can some one give me a tip for real good missile effect that shows the missile beeing shot and than explode at a real distance from the plane when flying or give me some advice for the right configuration?

It would be fine to get some help as I want to include the modifications with the effects when releasing the panels.

Happy landings
    Yours
    Michael "Papi" Vader

vaderteuton@aol.com

I can't remember, but I believe that exhaust flames are gauge controlled. But startup smoke is a little easier - sort of...

The engine location specified in the aircraft.cfg determines the starting point of the startup smoke. In most models, that point is roughly on the center axis of the prop (or turbine for a shop heater), and maybe some measure back a little. The problem is that's usually not where the end of the exhaust pipes are. That's why MS built offsets into the effect file. The advantage that the developer has when writing an effect is that (s)he knows exactly where the exhaust pipe is located in relation to the engine's "center" point. For the rest of us, we can guess where that imaginary point is, and then estimate where the offset should be. We put it into the Sim, start the engines, utter a few choice words, adjust the offsets, then try it again.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Eye-candy for an old war-horse

Michael,

Like you, I have tried to 'tart' the old bird up. I am not into weapon effects or flashing thumping cannons, but do enjoy good radial engine sound and visual effects, both during start-up and when running. Also use a well known add-on for better a/c lights and also some other effects. Have also tinkered with various cockpits. Not to mention landing effects and hi-G wing vapour effects. Nigel's outstanding radial sounds are a must for this engine. Also use the external fuel tanks in FS9 to simulate wpn loads on t/o as reqd.

If you wish I can send you a couple of Skyraider a/c cfgs and panel cfgs by PM to see if they might meet some of your requirements?

Rgds

Mal

I would be glad to get any info concerning upgrading this fine bird.
    As sound I use the sound of the Skyraider A1.h updated by Rob Sanders.
    For the moment I have the panel for the french version finished. It has just french
    radio equipment to differ from the us version.
    I hope to publish it here next week-end.
    There are still some details to fix.
    So some cfg. for the smoke effects are well come
    Happy landings
    Yours
    Michael "Papi" Vader
    vaderteuton@aol.com

All of you arm chair "Sandy Drivers" out there should really take a look at Papi's new 2D panel for the RAZBAM Skyraider... It is very nicely done.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Members who have read this thread: 1