Sim Skunk Works new developed tecnology "RED PANDA"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sim Skunk Works new developed tecnology "RED PANDA"

Sim Skunk Works new developed tecnology "RED PANDA"

Hi to all...
    in an other post someone asked info about our "PA200 Tornado Project".

I am glad to say that the external model is almost complete, both texturing and modeling...Soon we will concentrate into the internal model (and I will post screenshots of the WIP)

As developer we are proud to announce a total new tecnology in aircrafts' gauges programming.
    We have developed this tecnology for our Tornado, and it will be importend also into the new AV8B Plus II (yes.....we are reworking the model), and we will continue to improve it.

I think that it will be a new milestone into system development and a total new immersion into a "Realistic" Flight simulation (for what we can say realistic into a simulation)

Here is the official post we made to launch this tecnology:

"SIM SKUNK WORKS presents "RED PANDA" technology (formerly called "shangri-la') a totally new conception of the virtual cockpit gauges.

In the first video you can see a real moving terrain map (not the digital fs style map) inside our Harrier (the shape of the projection is to simulate the CRT dispaly of our Tornado...and Yes...the new tecnology simulate also the little blurrie effect which is part of a CRT Diplay). The first video is the development in the early stage.

In the second video (on the second post) you can see the radar projection over a moving terrain map, notice that the radar follows faithfully the terrain elevation projecting radar shadows as well as you would see on the real thing (into the Tornado..for example)

I hope you enjoy it ..and just for information this tecnology is "frame drop free"...it has no impact on frame rates and it is totally compatible and developed for FSX - P3D1.4 and P3D2.3
    Regards
    Emanuele

Here the second video:

Wow, Pluto12! Thank you very much for this great anticipation!
    This new technology opens a lot of possibilities, expecially for the military ops fans!
    Looking forward to the next videos, I hope to watch a Tornado preview soon!
    Ciao!

Daniele/Lupo2

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    That is a beautiful piece of art!

Awesome work guys !!!
    Makes me wanna spend long time in this cockpit looks so realistic...

Btw thanks for giving these kind of updates outside your FB page
    very much appreciated

Man, all I can say is "WOW"!!!

Jamal

Yeah all very nice, but no help when you can't reach your older purchases.
    No login into the ' new' site, no answer to my emails....

Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Yeah all very nice, but no help when you can't reach your older purchases.
    No login into the ' new' site, no answer to my emails....

Hi Anneke.....make another registration on the new website, the old login are no longer valid.
    Then, in the new website there are new functions such "Support Ticket", you can open a new ticket to recover your purchase ID,
    Hope this Help
    Emanuele

"Red Panda" will it work in FSX?? As that is a P3D v2.3 feature?

Hank

Freaky!!!!
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    "Red Panda" will it work in FSX?? As that is a P3D v2.3 feature?

Hank
    Answered in the first post of this thread.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto12 View Post
    Hope this Help
    Emanuele
    Thanks Emanuele will do!
    Anneke

Looks incredible. I'll hold off purchasing the Harrier until it's updated :-)

Best regards
    Dag

Pluto, thank you for sharing. Great looking stuff and I'm very much looking forward to the Tornado release with this incorporated into it, as well as your AV8B. Just a few questions or rather observations. First, what scenery is that military base? I really like the hardened air shelters and the crash truck waiting on the taxiway. Second, while I was running fullscreen in 1080p, I noticed the map is shown flipped over, in other words, all the writing is backwards. Is that intentional? Ultimately, I know this is a work in progress, but love the potential it brings this mature simulation.

Regards,
    Matt

PS, the inverted map was only in the 1st video, the 2nd has it right.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

A really awesome improvement of moving map / radar display!!!
    Is the elevation modell for your radar reflections and shadows original FSX?
    Would it be possible to do some sort of "radar navigation", that was very common used in the old zipper days with radar prediction charts?
    As far as I know a mixture of art and science ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Pluto, thank you for sharing. Great looking stuff and I'm very much looking forward to the Tornado release with this incorporated into it, as well as your AV8B. Just a few questions or rather observations. First, what scenery is that military base? I really like the hardened air shelters and the crash truck waiting on the taxiway. Second, while I was running fullscreen in 1080p, I noticed the map is shown flipped over, in other words, all the writing is backwards. Is that intentional? Ultimately, I know this is a work in progress, but love the potential it brings this mature simulation.

Regards,
    Matt

PS, the inverted map was only in the 1st video, the 2nd has it right.
    Hi Matt...
    I try to answer to your questions:
    1- The Military base in the video is Rimini-Miramare (LIPR) and it is an "User Benefits" for who purchases one of our products.
    2- You notice right, but it is as should be a "Moving Map Terrain Radar, the Map are always North Oriented for the description or the writings, so if you have an heading of 180° you will se the writings flipped, (in the video the aircraft has heading 210°) the position aircraft is in the center bottom of the MFD (the "inverted" map is in both video when the aircrafts heads south)

Hope this helps
    Regards
    Emanuele

Emanuele,

Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense, of sorts....looks great though. I will definitely be getting all of your releases. Great stuff and I appreciate the honest work put into your products!
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by findus View Post
    A really awesome improvement of moving map / radar display!!!
    Is the elevation modell for your radar reflections and shadows original FSX?
    Would it be possible to do some sort of "radar navigation", that was very common used in the old zipper days with radar prediction charts?
    As far as I know a mixture of art and science ;-)
    Hi Findus...
    the elevation model, shadowing and others is part of our new technology, not related to FSX or P3D
    About you second question I think It should be possible, even if I have not the radar prediction chards (which cover the last 15 Nm near an airport if I understand well what you mean), but for now, we have not planned to upgrade the F104 with RedPanda Technology, but never say never
    Regards
    Emanuele

Interesting. I can't help but mentally trying to reverse-engineer this.

Being a developer myself, but primarily of warfare stuff (air,land,sea) I have often wished for the ability to realistically deal with mountains and valleys (shadows of radar). I am wondering if there might be some way of taking the fsx terrain data and use the data as you have to "blank" out the areas behind radar obstructions. My impression to date was that you could not detect altitude of objects other than directly below the aircraft - which obviously can't create a viable map of the area.

My NEUWUC programs, are however, freeware, so I completely understand if you don't want to or can't share how you did this. Feel free to pm me if you wish.

In any case, Bravo Zulu in being able to solve this vexing problem!
    "Being good is not enough when you dream of being great"
    Author of NEUWUC family of programs

Very nice! Agree.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto12 View Post
    Hi Findus...
    the elevation model, shadowing and others is part of our new technology, not related to FSX or P3D
    About you second question I think It should be possible, even if I have not the radar prediction chards (which cover the last 15 Nm near an airport if I understand well what you mean), but for now, we have not planned to upgrade the F104 with RedPanda Technology, but never say never
    Regards
    Emanuele
    Thx for your fast answer!
    For the F-104 as far as I know, the radar prediction charts were artificialy created using special photographs of scale terrain models. They were used to help the interpretation of the radar image in conjunction with a normal map and the INS to master the low level navigation.
    Are your elevation data used by the terrain following radar of your Tornado?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	radar prediction 1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	12601

I must confess to being curious about the choice of name.

Why "Red Panda"?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redpanda.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	12600

Dave

@Wizard....the range of elevation shadowing is selectable with the radar range (and change also the range of moving map)...and is part of our technology...nothing comes from FSX or P3D...the elevation shadowing is not only below the aircrafts...in the two videos I think that the radar range is 40Nm

@Findus: for sure...the elevation data will be used by the terrain following radar of our Tornado which will be implemented

@DhazelGrove: in reality inside our work-Group at SSW we had called this technology Shangri-la as the city of the novel of James Hilton, "Lost Horizon", which was the new eden and a totally new world, as the technology is, and that city is located in Tibet. When we decided to launch the technolgy we wanted a name more simple also for who have not read the book.....and because in Tibet (where Shangri-la is located) the sacred animal is the red panda, and this animal looks like the skunk we decided for that name.

Regards
    Emanuele

Members who have read this thread: 7