Opinion needed

Thread: Opinion needed

Opinion needed

I need your opinion,

I made the engine Controls for the virtual cockpit with a new effect, (it’s experimental) for the standing aircraft (engine off) the throttle, mixture and prop lever are visible - (in the moment the prop lever only), after starting the engine the levers disappear and will be replaced by a gauge with the hellcat engine controls. I made it because those levers can’t be animated in CFS2.

So I need your opinion, should the levers be replaced with a virtual (not clickable) gauge or should the levers stay as they are (and in which position)
    The textures are made by Captain Kurt, and are outstanding. The textures turn an (In my opinion) ugly aircraft into a good looking one.

Wolfi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Engine Controls 1.jpg   Engine Controls 2.jpg  

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

I like the levers , Wolfi , position wise I havent a clue ,

I like the levers. They look great. I think the throttle gauge looks a little "flat'. The prop gauge looks fine. Maybe a combination of them would work. please don't take me the wrong way on this. It looks amazing either way. Thats my thoughts.

Oh for a throttle position.. How about set to Cruise. We spend most of our slow time at that. Besides once the fighting starts no one is going to look at the throttle position.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

they are flat because it's the engine control gauge

I figured out how to make parts visible (or not) if the engine run's.

... Oh, and it's for the Vultee Vengeance project.

wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Here is an untextured test model (to keep the zip small) the effect works in the Virtual cockpit only.

by the way, I know the spelling is wrong, but that will be changed

wolfi
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

3d looks better

I prefer the static 3d levers because, with the Hellcat throttle gauge, the cockpit looks like a little patched up and unrealistic. Each time I found a throttle gauge inserted in a 2d panel I downloaded, I immediately deleted it from the panel.cfg. It simply does not look real, since it's flat and stands up vertically while throttle, prop pitch and fuel mixture controls generally sit horizontally, on the left side of the cockpit.

By the same token I am not a good judge, as I never use the VC.

I am looking forward to seeing this project completed. It keeps looking better each time you post a picture.

Do you like the prop texture I attached to Sheesi's thread?

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Members who have read this thread: 0