Windows 7 and Joystick problems

Thread: Windows 7 and Joystick problems

Windows 7 and Joystick problems

These days had to upgrade to windoze 7 and no joy with joystick in cfs2. When I engage the enemy, the turns go wonky, either nose up or into a spinning dive and little recovery. Is this game over? Anybody? have a solution?

CFS 2 runs just fine under WIN 7. Sounds more like a problem with your joystick calibration or sensitivity. I assume you can see the joystick & asign commands from within cfs2 settings? If not, your joystick maybe isn't recognised as such by WIN 7. Worst case - get another joystick.

It worked

Took your advice and it worked! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    CFS 2 runs just fine under WIN 7. Sounds more like a problem with your joystick calibration or sensitivity. I assume you can see the joystick & asign commands from within cfs2 settings? If not, your joystick maybe isn't recognised as such by WIN 7. Worst case - get another joystick.

Icon26 It worked BUT......

Yeah Uncle tgt had a solution but it only worked temporarily.

I found a solution!

I took the Cfs1 file "COMBATFS.CFG", Which is a configuration file, with joystick inputs. After changing "COMBATFS.CFG" to "Cfs2.cfg" the cfs2 file > rename original cfs2.cfg to Xcfs2.cfg

It WORKED! really well. I could intercept the enemy and "Hang" on their tail, in the go around, which would go off the rails re: previous gripe.

Do this at your own risk, if you have the same set of problems. You will have to cross reference one from the other to get resolutions, and don't forget to change settings to comply with the old Cfs2.cfg both editing inside file, and while running program, to get lettering set.

You (in windows 7) can put one file up to half of your screen, and place the other file in the other half, to compare. Note that they are not totally line for line.

I am now looking to fix feedback vibrations.

Icon18 Try this

To see if the joystick is working properly, plug it in and go to Control Panel, open Devices and Printers and select the controller. Right click on it and select game controller settings. Choose the Properties tab at the bottom right and open the window to Test. There you can test all the axes, buttons and sliders on the stick. Pay particular attention to the X/Y axes and the Z rotation to see if the stick is performing right. If not, clean and lub if you can and try again. If still not, replace the joystick

If all checks out, leave the stick plugged in and star the game. Open Settings and choose Controller Sensitivities. Set the sliders: Aileron = 75% Elevator = 85% and Rudder = 95%. Set all Nulls to zero. Open Realism Settings and set Flight Model to medium, close Settings and try the plane again.

If all that fails, the the problem is the joystick.
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; February 7th, 2015 at 06:17. Reason: Try this:
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0