have to reinstall realityxp everytime I restart pc

Thread: have to reinstall realityxp everytime I restart pc

have to reinstall realityxp everytime I restart pc

I don't know what happened but about 3 months ago, I discovered the only way to get my realityxp 530 to work was to reinstall it. It then works great until, I have to turn my pc off and restart it; which happens often because it is a laptop.

I have checked my virus protection software and don't see any indication that it is identified as a risk.

Last night I deleted the installation from my pc. Downloaded the install file again and did a complete new install. All was great and until I tried to use it again this evening after my pc had be turned of and back on.

Any ideas?

I'd look first the manual, then RealityXP's pages and at last elseware on the Internet if no one here cannot help.

What is the problem exactly after a restart of your laptop?
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I have used realityxp's 530 for multiple years..... maybe since 2011 with no problems. For the last year or longer on my laptop; again with no problems.

But about 2 months ago I noticed that the rxp device was not loading into my various planes where I have it configured.

I did a re-install and the problem was solved.... I thought.

It turns out that I have to do a reinstall after each restart of my lap top when I want to use the rxp 530.

This week end, i Did a complete uninstall. re-download from their site, and reinstall (using the flight1 installer/registration) and everything was again working fine.

But after a restart of my pc the rxp 530, once again, does not load in the planes where I have it configured. It is as if the RXP 530 was not installed.

So it does not show up in the vc at all? Not even the 'model'? Or is it just the screen that stays black? And what about the 2d windows?
    Cheers, Bert

In the A2A Cessna and Cherokee using shift 3 the rxp 530 just isn't an option. I can't remember what happens with the real air lancair the 530 appears in the panel but the screen is blank and none of the click spots work.

With Ant's Tecnam sierra there is just a black blank.

But If I were to reinstall the RXP.... they all work fine... until the next time I restart my laptop which is daily.

That's weird behaviour, never heared of this before... All I can think of is somehow important files get misplaced or deleted after you restart your laptop. If you reinstall the RXP package, where is the license file stored? And is it still there after a reboot? You could also check the location of your GNS Trainer and if this is correctly added in the RXPGNS.ini file that's in the aircraft or panel folder.
    And I suggest you also post about this at the RXP support forums at http://www.simforums.com/forums/real...m_forum12.html The developer has vanished a long time ago, so there is no official support, but there might be other users lurking around with a clue about what's going on.
    Cheers, Bert

perhaps install rxp as 'admin' and run fsx as 'admin?'

Members who have read this thread: 0