Ferry Flight to the Paint Hangar

Thread: Ferry Flight to the Paint Hangar

Ferry Flight to the Paint Hangar

Stripped of the old paint...Ferry Flight to the paint new paint hangar! Messing around in the VS F8F-1

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Like that paint. What a original idea!

Jim

Rick,

I would like to see what you might come up with. Tough paint kit there..

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I'd love to see a full baremetal Bearcat.........

I like that! Clever idea and presentation! You can see a lot of "ghosting" on older airplanes that have held onto a paint scheme and markings for long periods of time. If I recall, one of the first Shuttle Carrier 747's was an old American Airlines bird that NASA bought off of the airline as surplus, and you could still make out the AA lettering on the forward upper fuselage even after the paint had been stripped...

N.

I'll see what I can do...I was only messing around thus far. I'll try to refine the bare metal skin and clean it up a bit. I'll also refine this idea and you can have both!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

nice idea!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks guys! The biggest part of the whole cleanup will be addressing the rivets...I don't think there's anyway around simply hand-painting every single one! They are in the paint kit that way.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Rivets fixed....

...rivets fixed but I've got some spec issues to sort out!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Nice! It does appear you need to turn the cockpit defroster on.

Regards. T

Yes, I noticed that afterwards..haha. but since it wasn't a real flight I figured it would be good enough for show!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Getting closer

Almost done with the rivets...

shine is good...but need to work on the color a bit.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

A little closer...

I've thrown on some place holder nose art...but I think the fuselage is now finished. I can turn my attention to the wings and horizontals now.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

These last two shots are just fantastic !
    I notice the engine has reflection too. Is it normal ?

Ok, I think I've got the metal look I was looking for now...edited the engine and removed the alpha there...oops! Sporting a temporary "Spiffy" roundel until I can get it into the paint hangar for a job. Now that the metal work is 99% done shouldn't be long now. Still very new at this painting business!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Repaint uploaded!

The repaint has been uploaded to SOH exclusivlely. Hope you enjoy it!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Wow !! Thank you so much for this repaint !

Thanks Daube! It hasn't drawn much response in the thread (not that I care about responses) so I'm glad you're interested! I know there are a few others here that like the bare metal look too so this is for them too! I really love the bare metal schemes or mostly bare metal...so it's been fun to do this one and try to refine the look. I know that I'm not on par with the likes of John Terrell with his masterful aluminum techniques, but I hope to strive tIo that level. I go back and look at how he did his as inspiration all the time! I'd like to do a few fun and completely fictional USAF "what if" schemes. What if the army air forces had purchased the F8F..
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Well actually, from the two very last screenshots you posted here, the aluminium effect you gave to that F-8 is pretty much on par with the repaints John made for the T-6, if not better.
    The lack of answers here is surely due to the fact that not many people are using that aircraft in FSX/P3D. I can rarely see any screenshots of that bird, may it be here or in other forums.
    It's one of my favorite designs, personnally. But when I want to fly some cool warbirds, I tend to use the Accusim birds instead...
    Your repaint will help me get the Bearcat out of the hangar though, for some more test flights

Great repaint! However there is an error in the cfg entry and here is the corrected entry:

[fltsim.9]
    title=VS F8F1 Fictional Bare Metal
    sim=VS_F8F
    model=F8F1
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=Bare_Metal_Used
    ui_manufacturer=Grumman
    ui_type="F8F-1 Bearcat"
    ui_variation="c1946 Bare Metal Used"
    ui_typerole="Fighter"
    ui_createdby="Vertigo Studios"
    description="The Grumman F8F Bearcat (affectionately called "Bear") was an American single-engine naval fighter aircraft of the 1940s. It went on to serve into the mid-20th century in the United States Navy and other air forces, and would be the company's final piston engined fighter aircraft."
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
    visual_damage=1
    kb_checklists=VS_F8F_check
    kb_reference=VS_F8F_ref

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks Roger! I have my -2 and -1 variants ad separate aircraft entries. I'll try and upload a fix for it. Great screen!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 5