Official: T-6 Racers - COMPLETE PACKAGE RELEASED

Thread: Official: T-6 Racers - COMPLETE PACKAGE RELEASED

Official: T-6 Racers - COMPLETE PACKAGE RELEASED

Okay gents;
    You've waited long for this. It is my privilege to now announce the official release of the FASA T-6 Racers Package!!

It is freely made available exclusively through FASA, the FSX Air Sports Association, with generous support from the original author(s).
    www.fsxairsports.com

This is v1.0
    - If SOH members find issues, there will be fix. If not, this release will be final.

Find it HERE
    The Download is 134mb, and contained in a self-installer.
    It contains everything needed.

Those who enjoy this package,
    Feel free to donate!

- Joseph

VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Woohoo! Downloading this beauty right now, but it is late night where I'm living, so perhaps I'll fire this baby up sometime tomorrow. Big thanks already!

Looks fantastic! Downloading now.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Thanks !!!

Downloaded and already out at Reno doing Laps. Thanks for the ALL work and effort done to provide these great aircraft to the FS community.

Thanks

This is a work of art. Thank you to all of the developers, past and present for their hard work in making this fine aircraft. One blown motor before a complete flight, but that may very well have been my fault. I will enjoy many hours with this plane.

Impressive work.

Great addition to the whole T-6 package. Easily over 40 repaints so far.

Wow, extremely impressive! Thanks very much for all the effort and hard work, it's very appreciated.

Thank you. Really great package and great textures. Will donate as soon as I can.

Regards Anthin.

Delta_lima was hoping for a stripped-down version of the RCN livery..

Maybe this will suit him ?

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Marvelous bird and beautiful job again

By the way, if you are using EZDOK, you most likely encounter error and/or EZDOK crashing on launch with these Texans. This can be fixed by removing quotation marks (") from aircraft.cfg title-texts for every texture set. EZDOK uses aircraft title to write an .ini file and as " is illegal in Windows filename, EZDOK crashes. After removing those, everything should work just fine.

I struggled with this for a while a way back with some other model until I finally realized what was causing the problem. Not completely self evident right away

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Delta_lima was hoping for a stripped-down version of the RCN livery..

Maybe this will suit him ?

- Joseph

Sold. Absolutely love it. Many kind thanks, Joseph.

DL

Thanks Joe. Very impressive package.

Thank you for putting the work into this and keeping the tradition of virtual air racing alive. The paint schemes look great!!
    Cheers,
    Alex ("Badger")

My Aviation Content: [Blog] , [YouTube] & [Twitch]
    Favorite Aircraft: FSX Grumman G-21 Goose with [Redux] , [Flight dynamics] , [Sounds] & [RealEngine]

Great job on a great package! Thanks!

A big thanks to all of the fine compliments.

There's more neat things in the works for you radial engine fans.

But that's all I can leak..

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Just took the T-6 for a spin and boy, do I suck with piston aircraft. Startup wasn't much of a problem. Did everything by the manual and all was fine and dandy.
    Taxiing was a bit difficult though. The throttle is on my flight stick, but the differential braking is on my keyboard. With the requirement of the stick in full forward to unlock the tail wheel, I really had to work everything without running off the taxi- or runway. I think I could hear the AI aircraft laughing while trying to swerve my way towards takeoff.
    Once in the air, everything was well until I tried some aerobatics.
    The PIREP I was using for reference* suggested at least 6000ft between yourself and the ground and 180mph or more for any loops. I opted for 8000 ft and ended up in a really vicious spin followed by an airspeed-induced control lock. Managed to recover just in time before performing some advanced lithobraking, went up again for more altitude and 200mph and tried again, this time with a bit more MP to the engine (running the 10 minute 34.0 psi limit). I ended up stalled out again once I was at the top but managed to recover just in time before the control lock set in again - and somehow broke the engine due to excessive MP (does it increase with airspeed?).
    Nope, no point in flying with a half-broken engine, so back home I went and faced the next problem: How do you land something that doesn't want to slow down without a 30 mile setup for final? Throttle to idle and an extra circuit to bleed off excess altitiude was good, but the airspeed stubbornly stayed above the maximum 130 mph for the landing gear. Some elegant crabbing (thank you, tube flying) later, I could finally lower the gear but to my horror the airspeed needle still took a lot of time to creep towards the 100 mph limit for any significant amount of flaps.
    By that time, it was too late to salvage a bad landing and I was too unnerved by the engine for a go-around, so I came in at 100 mph, touched down, touched down again and again and then just kept pulling on the stick and tapping the brakes, dearly hoping not to make the situation any more embarassing by erecting a Fliegerdenkmal (pilot memorial)**. I managed to come to a stop directly in front of the threshold. Managed to taxi the bird back with wobbly knees, set it into the parking bay and shut it down.
    Reloaded the aircraft to fix the damage and thinking about going for another round - but not before doing a bit more studying about how not to break a piston engine. And about slowing this thing down.

Thank you guys for making this! Mucho fun!

*http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepT-6.html
    ** http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fliegerdenkmal

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Just took the T-6 for a spin and boy, do I suck with piston aircraft. Startup wasn't much of a problem. Did everything by the manual and all was fine and dandy.
    Taxiing was a bit difficult though. The throttle is on my flight stick, but the differential braking is on my keyboard. With the requirement of the stick in full forward to unlock the tail wheel, I really had to work everything without running off the taxi- or runway. I think I could hear the AI aircraft laughing while trying to swerve my way towards takeoff.
    The PIREP I was using for reference* suggested at least 6000ft between yourself and the ground and 180mph or more for any loops. I opted for 8000 ft and ended up in a really vicious spin followed by an airspeed-induced control lock. Managed to recover just in time before performing some advanced lithobraking, went up again for more altitude and 200mph and tried again, this time with a bit more MP to the engine (running the 10 minute 34.0 psi limit). I ended up stalled out again once I was at the top but managed to recover just in time before the control lock set in again - and somehow broke the engine due to excessive MP (does it increase with airspeed?).
    Nope, no point in flying with a half-broken engine, so back home I went and faced the next problem: How do you land something that doesn't want to slow down without a 30 mile setup for final? Throttle to idle and an extra circuit to bleed off excess altitiude was good, but the airspeed stubbornly stayed above the maximum 130 mph for the landing gear. Some elegant crabbing (thank you, tube flying) later, I could finally lower the gear but to my horror the airspeed needle still took a lot of time to creep towards the 100 mph limit for any significant amount of flaps.
    By that time, it was too late to salvage a bad landing and I was too unnerved by the engine for a go-around, so I came in at 100 mph, touched down, touched down again and again and then just kept pulling on the stick and tapping the brakes, dearly hoping not to make the situation any more embarassing by erecting a Fliegerdenkmal (pilot memorial)**. I managed to come to a stop directly in front of the threshold. Managed to taxi the bird back with wobbly knees, set it into the parking bay and shut it down.
    Reloaded the aircraft to fix the damage and thinking about going for another round - but not before doing a bit more studying about how not to break a piston engine. And about slowing this thing down.

Awesomeness.. Thanks
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post

There is a real art to managing vintage piston power and if you get it wrong...
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 6