Static Place Able Aircraft Carrier

Thread: Static Place Able Aircraft Carrier

Static Place Able Aircraft Carrier

Trying to get the Stennis to work with Instant Scenery but can't seem to mke it happen. Funny, got it to work in FSX just fine. Where might I get the bgl ready to go in my object library?
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler with Triple Monitors

If the bgl works in FS9 you should be able to put it into any active scenery folder. If you have a folder for static objects, that should be fine. Or if you're adding it to another scenery, you should be able to just put it into that scenery's Scenery folder.

Just be sure that you don't have an exclude file that covers the spot where you're trying to place the Stennis living in the same or a higher level scenery folder. If you're adding it to an existing scenery, or very close to an existing scenery, there just might be a troublesome exclude, so if you find one, just make sure your Stennis file goes into a folder that's higher in the stack.

Could the bgl be incompatible in some way with Instant Scenery? I think probably not, since the bgl compiled to begin with, but you never know. Maybe it compiled but not in a way that FS9 can read it. Did you compile it in or for FSX? Is the actual model within the bgl file compatible with FS9? Not everything that works in FSX will work in FS9, and vise versa...

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    If the bgl works in FS9 you should be able to put it into any active scenery folder. If you have a folder for static objects, that should be fine. Or if you're adding it to another scenery, you should be able to just put it into that scenery's Scenery folder.

Just be sure that you don't have an exclude file that covers the spot where you're trying to place the Stennis living in the same or a higher level scenery folder. If you're adding it to an existing scenery, or very close to an existing scenery, there just might be a troublesome exclude, so if you find one, just make sure your Stennis file goes into a folder that's higher in the stack.

Could the bgl be incompatible in some way with Instant Scenery? I think probably not, since the bgl compiled to begin with, but you never know. Maybe it compiled but not in a way that FS9 can read it. Did you compile it in or for FSX? Is the actual model within the bgl file compatible with FS9? Not everything that works in FSX will work in FS9, and vise versa...

That is what I thought to but doesn't work with ADE or IS. Got it to work in FSX though even though the designer has it working off San Diego in FS9 and included the mdl for us. I even have it workng with AI traffic in FSX. Just can't get it to work in FS9 for which it was designed for.
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler with Triple Monitors

Members who have read this thread: 2