Spitfire MkVIII - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Spitfire MkVIII

Here's a MK VII high altitude fighter with pressurised cockpit, Steve has modelled in the de-misters!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot03-10-15-01-12-29.jpg   Shot03-08-15-21-20-17.jpg   Shot03-08-15-21-21-23.jpg  
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Blog Entries
    Here's a MK VII high altitude fighter with pressurised cockpit, Steve has modelled in the de-misters!
    Luverrly jubberly! Great paint job too! :0)
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Fantastic, there's a mission in the Clostermann pack released a few years ago that was waiting for a "real" MkVIII High Altitude! And with the pressurised cockpit specially modelled for her... amazing work here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    Ah yes, a lovely paint job indeed!! Is there a Jerry high altitude recce bird available to chase around? Can't have them taking pictures of my precious airfields now, can we?

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Ah yes, a lovely paint job indeed!! Is there a Jerry high altitude recce bird available to chase around? Can't have them taking pictures of my precious airfields now, can we?
    No Joost don't think there is, we got a few night fighters and the H1, we could do with a Ju 86p, now that's a strange one, diesel engines too!!
    John

Keep it coming!

Thanks for the comments all of you, there's quite a skin folder building up for these new Spitfires now, Rob's been keeping me busy!
    John

Keep it coming!

hi, always hard workers CFS3 .... it's good, I just instaler eto and maw on my laptop with windows 7 ... I take pleasure in this game, I hope that there will new aircraft to download ....

salut, toujours des travailleurs acharné sur cfs3.... cela fait plaisir, je viens d'installer eto et maw sur mon ordinateur portable avec windows 7... je reprends plaisir ŕ ce jeux, j'espere qu'il y aura des nouveaux avions ŕ telecharger....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bonjour Brundu81 et bienvenu !

Jaycee and Nigel have done a few recce 109s you can chase with it. Excited to see what skins you have in store John, very much looking forward to it.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Just checking on the project to see how's it coming along. Haven't read anything lately. Can't wait on this one!!!!

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Their in the work shop having Flight models built up. once done then the final pack can be assembled and released.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Blog Entries
    Bump time! Just checking up to see how the work is coming along.

Just checking up to see how the work is coming along.
    just awaiting flight models

Blog Entries
    Just a bump checking on progress with this wonderful Spitfire . Thanks to all involved ... Will the Spitfire come with its own custom sounds ?

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    BUMP!!!!!

?????

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Well, one of the holdups on my end was trying to create a working two speed supercharger, and I am happy to say that I have succeeded, meaning we can have realistic performance vs. altitude and an appreciable difference between the LF (Merlin 66), F (Merlin 61 and 63), and HF (Merlin 70 and 71) variants. Tuning it for each engine will take some time; I'm pretty sure this hasn't been done in CFS3 before. Up until now, the FM's have all functioned as if the engines were turbocharged, or at a stretch could pass for a single speed supercharger.

That will be very impressive, I didn't think it could be done in CFS3!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

It doesn't register on the boost gauge unfortunately, but you can hear it in the engine if you listen carefully and see it in your performance at different altitudes. You get steadily increasing performance as you climb to the first speed's full throttle height, and then a steady but more gradual decrease until the automatic controller switches over to the second speed which results in a steady increase until reaching the second speed's full throttle height, above which power drops off until you reach the aircraft's service ceiling. The altitudes at which performance peaks are determined by the supercharger gearing, which is the primary difference among the above listed Merlin variants. The LF Spits had their superchargers geared to produce max power at lower altitudes while the F and HF versions peaked several thousand feet higher. These differences will be borne out in the CFS3 models, and if we're lucky I may be able to add the manual override control of the superchargers as well.

Well, one of the holdups on my end was trying to create a working two speed supercharger, and I am happy to say that I have succeeded, meaning we can have realistic performance vs. altitude and an appreciable difference between the LF (Merlin 66), F (Merlin 61 and 63), and HF (Merlin 70 and 71) variants. Tuning it for each engine will take some time; I'm pretty sure this hasn't been done in CFS3 before. Up until now, the FM's have all functioned as if the engines were turbocharged, or at a stretch could pass for a single speed supercharger.
    sounds good!

Yea it does sound good!
    John

Keep it coming!

Very impressive!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    It doesn't register on the boost gauge unfortunately, but you can hear it in the engine if you listen carefully and see it in your performance at different altitudes. You get steadily increasing performance as you climb to the first speed's full throttle height, and then a steady but more gradual decrease until the automatic controller switches over to the second speed which results in a steady increase until reaching the second speed's full throttle height, above which power drops off until you reach the aircraft's service ceiling. The altitudes at which performance peaks are determined by the supercharger gearing, which is the primary difference among the above listed Merlin variants. The LF Spits had their superchargers geared to produce max power at lower altitudes while the F and HF versions peaked several thousand feet higher. These differences will be borne out in the CFS3 models, and if we're lucky I may be able to add the manual override control of the superchargers as well.
    Is this done through the air file, the cfg file, or both?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

the aircraft.cfg sets the basic engine parameters, getting the correct critical altitude and having auto mixture off are key there and then it's a matter of playing with the mixture, torque and prop tables in the .air file to get it to behave like a real engine.

Members who have read this thread: 0