Question about the ETO install - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about the ETO install

Icon22 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Hi Kevin,

Thanks to Rami's installation guide, the installation was a walk in the park. Everything went super smooth. It does look a LOT more like europe, and in the meantime, I've resolved the stuttering a bit by limiting the frames to 70.

But I did see some blurries. Again, with a rig that is several generations ahead of what was needed for CFS2, this seems a bit odd.

But I'm enjoying the tinkering and tweaking, and get to shoot down and blow up stuff in the process. And that was the goal to start with.

I'll post some screenies when I'm happy with the results!

Dumonceau
    Dumonceau,

You're not going to believe this but sometimes, that "stuttering" can be the result of a bad gauge in a panel. The Fairey Fulmar, DeHavilland Mosquito, and Spitfire V series by Brunosk are notorious for this, but they all have been corrected.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    You do realise that you have been bitten
    That I do! From the days that I started out flightsim with CFS1! I'm a long time flightsimmer!

In fact, MS flightsims have gotten me to where I am in real life now. The bloody things take so much tweaking and fiddling that you cannot but get an interest in IT and that is what I do right now.

After a 10 year officer career with the Belgian Para-Commando's, I now work as an IT coordinator for the federal government of my country. All of it thanks to flightsim. It sparked an interest and got me going.

So you could say that I have to thank M$ for their crappy products. They got me frustrated and interested in tweaking and building my own gaming rigs.

Dumonceau

Reply for Rami

Rami,

Thanks for the pointer to the gauges. I have yet to look at the coding in the gauges and coding isn't really my thing. I'm actually a strictly system and network guy.

of course, I can always ask one of my coders/programmers to look at the code in them.

I've been comparing the cfs2.cfg and FSX.cfg files and there are actually quite a few similarities. even though the graphics engines differ quite a bit, maybe some of the FS9/FSX tweaks could work for us?

I'll definitely try them out and will come back on that!

Dumonceau

Members who have read this thread: 4