Prop textures, material and disppearing items - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prop textures, material and disppearing items

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

To The B24 Guy

Hi The B24 Guy!

Your work on Wolfi's SB2C mdl seems to be working fine as you can see below. Nice job!

Can you do the same trick on the other LOD's now? I am asking you this because, as soon as one zooms out just one step from the below, landing gear, prop blades and spinner lose their texturing and they are all displayed plain black.

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New_SB2C_mdl.jpg  
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Hi Kelticheart,

Will do. Wanted your expert eye before going any further.

Got it done. I will work on the others.
    Rami may want to update Wolfi's package.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Last edited by The B24 Guy; September 24th, 2014 at 16:18.

Here is the Peashooter,

Regards,
    B24Guy

Quadruple wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Hi Kelticheart,

Will do. Wanted your expert eye before going any further.

Got it done. I will work on the others.
    Rami may want to update Wolfi's package.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    HUGE THANKS, THE B24 GUY!

We are all in debt with you, first the stock model overhauls, than all of the work you did improving other models!!

I am deeply ashamed for asking you this, but......this fix can only be done on Wolfi's models or is there any other model you'd be willing to look at?

Cheers!
    KH

Hi Kelticheart,

If you point them out I will be happy to see if I can fix them.
    With the weather getting cold I will have more time for indoor things.
    Working on the Stuka now.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Last edited by The B24 Guy; September 25th, 2014 at 17:13.

Thumbs up

Hi Kelti,
    The textures for the prop disk are in the mdl itself, and is coloured material. That is why the Fw200 prop disk does not work, as this mdl has textured prop disk material

Yes, the sca'd mdl could be altered for another colour, and no it can't be read by MDLmat and therefore changed, as it is of a very old format.

Unfortunately I do not have the source file for the He177. Yes, it can be done, but that would be a completely new project, which may be done at some stage in the next millenium......

Cheers

Shessi

Icon5 Yeees....

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Kelti,
    The textures for the prop disk are in the mdl itself, and is coloured material. That is why the Fw200 prop disk does not work, as this mdl has textured prop disk material

Yes, the sca'd mdl could be altered for another colour, and no it can't be read by MDLmat and therefore changed, as it is of a very old format.

Unfortunately I do not have the source file for the He177. Yes, it can be done, but that would be a completely new project, which may be done at some stage in the next millenium......

Cheers

Shessi
    Please excuse my ignorance: but wouldn't it be easier to simply map a texture for the prop disc in the He177 mdl?

From what I learned about textures, there's obviously no texture mapping for the prop discs. Besides, their polygonal circumference looks like everything but realistic. A true shame for such a beautifully detailed aircraft.

Cheers!
    KH

Hi Kelticheart,

If you point them out I will be happy to see if I can fix them.
    With the weather getting cold I will have more time for indoor things.
    Working on the Stuka now.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Thank you The B24 Guy!

If Rami can't edit old uploads to accommodate your upgrades, they should be at least packed up and uploaded, least they get lost with the forum new threads advance.

The first group that comes to my mind is the YAS Spitfire collection I just uploaded, including YAS Spitfire MkIa V.1 (DW-K) and YAS Paddy Finucane's Spitfire F MkVb (UD-W), already present in SOH's library.

I will point out more if and when you'll be able to fix them. Be prepared, there are a lot of planes affected by the prop disc gremlin out there!

Cheers!
    KH

Hi Kelti,
    Unfortunately to map a texture you need the source file, which I don't have. I suppose it could be done via scasm, but it would be a very complicated job and be done by a true scasm guru, and I'm not that person.

No, as bad as it is, it's going to have to do, until me or someone else rips the mdl and then re-makes it, with all the 'bells and whistles' on. I've just got so much on the go at the moment, that it will have to be in the to-do pile.

Cheers

Shessi

Hi Kelticheart,

I will download the Spits and we will go from there.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Hi Kelticheart,

I will download the Spits and we will go from there.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Hi The B24 Guy!

I was so enthusiastic for your results that I failed to check all of them, plus the other models from Wolfi's. Besides, this is the busiest time of the year for me, when I get my house ready for the cold season.

As you can see the P-26 and the Ju87B Stuka came out perfect. Unfortunately, the SB2C looks fine at close distance, as soon as one steps back texturing for the prop blades, spinner and landing gear still disappear as in your first beta release.

Then I checked Wolfi's Ki-44 Shoki II and Ki-27 Nate. They both need your magical touch, and I suspect the remaining Ki-57 Topsy is in the same shape. It's up to you where and when you want to put your wrenches first!

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P26_closein.jpg   P26_farther.jpg   Stuka.jpg   Textured_SB2C.jpg   Untextured_SB2C.jpg   Ki27_2.jpg  

Ki27_1.jpg   Ki44_Shoki.jpg  

Not worth it!

Hi Kelti,
    Unfortunately to map a texture you need the source file, which I don't have. I suppose it could be done via scasm, but it would be a very complicated job and be done by a true scasm guru, and I'm not that person.

No, as bad as it is, it's going to have to do, until me or someone else rips the mdl and then re-makes it, with all the 'bells and whistles' on. I've just got so much on the go at the moment, that it will have to be in the to-do pile.

Cheers

Shessi
    Gotcha!

I did not realise you hadn't the source files. Ripping someone else's mdl also poses some serious copyright questions. Such a pain is not worth it!

After all, the He177 Greif was not as common in WWII skies as Bf109's or FW190's were!

I'll keep checking your uploads and let you know if I find something else that needs a fix.

Cheers!
    KH

Kelti,
    Right then, I have re-done the Manchester Mk1a, Me410A1 and the Wellington X, as there is nothing else at the moment I'll upload them. As I said they will be in a pack, I will explain that it's only if you suffer the dreaded 'Kelties'...ha ha ha! , that you need these mdls.

In all seriousness I want them to be correct as well, so now I know, and others have taken on-board this issue, hopefully we've all wiser. In the future if you find anything of mine that is like that, please don't hesitate and PM to tell me.

ciao amico mio

Shessi

Hi Kelticheart,
    I will have another look at the SB2C.
    I did about half of the Spits this weekend.
    I will have a look at the Ki-44 and Ki-27 also.

Thanks for the heads up,
    B24Guy

Hi Kelticheart,
    I don't know why you are having a prob. with the SB2C.
    I checked and all the LOD's that have a prop. are textured.
    The only thing is that the main LOD has a different materal than the lesser LOD's.
    I try and change the lesser LOD's and see if that fixes it.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Rog!

Hi Kelticheart,
    I don't know why you are having a prob. with the SB2C.
    I checked and all the LOD's that have a prop. are textured.
    The only thing is that the main LOD has a different materal than the lesser LOD's.
    I try and change the lesser LOD's and see if that fixes it.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Roger and thank you, The B24 Guy!

It just occurred me I neglected to attach the prop disc textures displayed in my screenshots. They will help you with your work and I'll do it a.s.a.p., together with YAS prop discs as well.

Cheers!
    KH

.... I will explain that it's only if you suffer the dreaded 'Kelties'...ha ha ha!, that you need these mdls.
    My, that sounds terrible! Should we expect an outbreak of 'Kelties' flue this winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi
    In all seriousness I want them to be correct as well, so now I know, and others have taken on-board this issue, hopefully we've all wiser. In the future if you find anything of mine that is like that, please don't hesitate and PM to tell me.

ciao amico mio

Shessi
    In all truth, I owe you quite a bunch of for bringing this subject up from the authoritative builder/designer/converter's point of view. Perhaps, if I'll be able to attend the Duxford Legends airshow next year, there might be the chance to turn those beers from virtual into real....

Among those who took on-board this issue there's The B24Guy. With his model overhaul experience, he's doing one heck of a terrific job! As per your indication, I will PM you whatever I find out that might need your magic touch!

Can you hold on uploading your pack at least until tomorrow? I am planning to check tonight your latest uploads: AF Scrub's FW 58BW Weihe Floatplane and Northrop N-3PB floatplane. Although I don't remember having this problem with A.F. Scrub's models, one never knows and the 'Kelties' are nasty when they strike!

BTW: I don't know if you read this: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post907064
    Just in case, could you help JTD with it? This Hampden is a breathtaking beauty and it deserves nothing but the best!

Cheers to you!
    Stef

Icon28 More reports...

Hi The B24 Guy!

For as much as I dreaded it, I found out that the entire Wolfi's production is affected by the same bug. Yesterday I checked the last two in my collection: the G3M2 Nell and the Ki-57 Topsy.
    If Wolfi kept his building sequences constant throughout his work since the beginning, it's not a surprise considering what we all know.

As you can see below they need your cure.

I am also attaching all the new prop disc textures I did for Wolfi's production and YAS-Merlin66's Spitfires.

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ki57_Topsy.jpg   G3M_Nell.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Icon26 Another report

Hi Shessi,

I am happy to report that both of your works on A.F. Scrub's FW 58BW Weihe floatplane and Northrop N-3PB floatplane check out perfectly with their prop blurred discs. Everything is in the right place.

Many thanks to you and to A.F. Scrub for yet another two rare models enriching CFS2 WWII virtual museum!

Cheers!
    KH

Thanks Kelti, you're most welcome!

Shessi

Hooray!

Shessi,

Cheers!
    KH

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Me410_YEAH.jpg   Wellington_MkX_YEAH.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0