FSX crashing!

Thread: FSX crashing!

Icon9 FSX crashing!

I am having trouble with FSX crashing. I have allot of addons and wonder if I can just reinstall FSX with out uninstalling every thing? I know I am just lazy and am hoping for the easy way out. Oh well. I am sure it is a lost cause, but maybe?

Have you tried creating a new FSX.cfg file and see if that makes a difference?

Icon9

Yep I have tried that and still keeps freezing and crashing. I keep trying things but no joy.

Icon9

What is strange is it will crash if I want to do anything, save a change, change aircraft, change controls, etc.

You don't tell how and when (after lounching FSX, while choosing airfield or airplane, while flying,...) it crashes. Perhaps it is some addon you last added. Try to remove it (manually if neccessary) and see if it helps.

Edit: I didn't read your last posting (was writing that above). However you might try to remember what you did before this started to happen. May be something something for computer outside FSX too.

FSX crashing!

I believe I remember reading somewhere in the thousands of posts I've read over the years about FSX and problems with it, and if I remember correctly one author stated that MOST FSX errors/crashes emerge from defective (aircraft) gauge add-ons. Have you inserted a new aircraft or gauge lately?? May be the cause of the problem. Like the others have posted here.....try uninstalling anything you have added in the last month and see if that helps. Best of luck.....and believe me, I've been there too and I know it's a PIA!!!!
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

Just to let you know...of specific issues [to me]....I'm still using IE 9 because subsequent updates [via WIN update] have crashed FSX for me.
    It's a fickle proggy....on a GOOD day....

Icon9

I have got ie 11 installed, but dont use it. This has been happening for months now, I just stopped use FSX for a while. I have not installed anything in it for a long time. I have used a new cfg and other things to try to help it, but still the same thing. I really dont want to in stall all the aircraft and scenery stuff, but most likely will. Keep the ideas coming maybe I will not have to start over.

Do you have FS RECORDER installed? If so, uninstall it and see if that helps. It's known to cause system crashes for some addons or fsx in general.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

No FS recorder. Thanks for the try.

When I uninstall FSX I guess I have to uninstall all scenery and aircraft addons first, does that sound right?

Log Book

Have you tried backing up your logbook file? Some times they get corrupt and cause the flight sim to crash. And yes it's a good idea to uninstall the add on aircraft and scenery. Make sure that you delete all the config files that FSX leaves behind so you get a clean install of the flight sim. CCleaner is a good program to run, just make sure you know what you are doing with the program. Hope this helps.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Members who have read this thread: 5