Rob Richardson's Cessna 310B Released - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rob Richardson's Cessna 310B Released

A paint of the only 310 I have flown in! Just uploaded to FlightSim.com so should be available Saturday or Sunday.
    Will be my last 310 paint for a while, as I have got to install a new kitchen for a relative this coming week!
    Peter,

Hope the kitchen installing is going well. I have to say that this paint has transformed the look of, and brought out the very best lines of Rob's B model. It would be great to see more of these 60s/70s colourful paint schemes, maybe also with some "N - " registrations?

Regards,
    expat

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N5WgUszzvi...Aircraft+4.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10039187@N00/3302023603

http://air-and-space.com/20131026%20...0front%20m.jpg

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft...000999347.html

http://www.cloudbaseimaging.com/Hang.../IMG4396-M.jpg
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Has anyone replaced the prop disc textures with a more transparent one?

The model is one of the best freeware models I've ever downloaded and also one of my favorites.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
    Has anyone replaced the prop disc textures with a more transparent one?

The model is one of the best freeware models I've ever downloaded and also one of my favorites.

Barry
    I've tried several but if you noticed in the main texture folder there are two prop textures. . .one is "310_prop2" which is a prop disc and I assume is called my the mdl file. No matter what FSX prop blur I added, it made no difference and I suspect the prop disc overrides it.

Just tried something I hadn't thought of before. I took the 310_prop2.dds file out and replaced the 310_prop with one of Banana Bobs for the Spartan Exec. All you get is a rotating disc, no indication of a prop blur at all and from the VC even the disc is invisible so you see nothing from inside the airplane. Looks like what is supplied is all that will work.

There are two prop discs so as to give a strobe effect at low revs and no strobe at high revs.
    I feel that's a bit more realistic than the default textures, in reality the prop disc has no strobe effect at any revs.
    I can easily make them more transparent if that's the consensus of opinion.
    That can, shortly, be incorporated into the next small update.

RobR

Really enjoying Rob's model - and Peter's paint!

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

SOH-CM-2021
    I'm finding that she drops the starboard wing, and I can't trim to correct it. I've read all the previous posts, but nobody else has reported this. Am I the only one to experience this?

Den.

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post
    I'm finding that she drops the starboard wing, and I can't trim to correct it. I've read all the previous posts, but nobody else has reported this. Am I the only one to experience this?

Den.
    Actually I have seen that as well, however I rarely hand fly the aircraft for any long distances. Most of my flights are Cross Country with the AP handling the flight. For the times I have flown it by hand, ever so slight pressure on the stick brings it back to straight and level but I'm also usually preparing for landing so it's never a great concern.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Really enjoying Rob's model - and Peter's paint!

I've not been able to find this paint. Is it available somewhere? The B model, is to me, the "Real" 310. Always loved it's looks over the later models. Fantastic Job Rob.

SOH-CM-2021
    Since my previous post, I've downloaded and installed the G-AVZS texture. This aircraft was actually destroyed in a landing accident at Elstree, UK, when it veered to the right on the approach. All four lucky occupants walked away from the crash.

So maybe Rob's model is correct???

Quote Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
    I've not been able to find this paint. Is it available somewhere? The B model, is to me, the "Real" 310. Always loved it's looks over the later models. Fantastic Job Rob.
    I also went looking, if it's one of Peter's fine repaints I'm not sure where it is. I don't see it on the SOH download area (although it could be there somewhere) and I've checked flightsim.com and Avsim and nothing there.

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post

Den.
    You could tone down the torque realism settings a little.

RobR

The G-AVZS texture was the first hit I got at Flightsim.com when I searched under 'FSX General Aircraft' for 'Watkins'. It was uploaded a couple of days ago.

Peter only appears to upload to Flightsim.com at the moment. Previously, he used Britsim but, obviously, that's impossible until the site reappears.

Best,
    Myles

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    The G-AVZS texture was the first hit I got at Flightsim.com when I searched under 'FSX General Aircraft' for 'Watkins'. It was uploaded a couple of days ago.

Peter only appears to upload to Flightsim.com at the moment. Previously, he used Britsim but, obviously, that's impossible until the site reappears.

Best,
    Myles
    It is a nice paint, I've looked over at flightsim and had no luck. Hope it can be tracked down.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    It is a nice paint, I've looked over at flightsim and had no luck. Hope it can be tracked down.
    expat did that one as it turns out. I Pm'd him to see where he got it. He said he could make it available if we wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    expat did that one as it turns out. I Pm'd him to see where he got it. He said he could make it available if we wanted it.
    Thanks for the info. I just sent him a PM.

gray eagle.. search for cessna_310b_g-avzs.zip at Allnodes

ATB
    DaveB

That's Peter's G-AVZS blue/white paint pimped by me - using MS Paint! I need to finish it and am now off on a business trip. Peter - hope you don't mind my posting the screenie or sharing the repaint based on yours with others requesting it.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    That's Peter's G-AVZS blue/white paint pimped by me - using MS Paint! I need to finish it and am now off on a business trip. Peter - hope you don't mind my posting the screenie or sharing the repaint based on yours with others requesting it.
    Mystery solved. Thanks. Let us know if you upload it somewhere.

Will do but not before the weekend - am in Switzerland on business.

Cesna 310B Version 3 released

I just checked Robert's website and it shows that Version 3 was released yesterday.

The website states:"
    Updates include prop discs more transparent, rotary switches animated, altitude calibration knob modelled,
    Some alterations to gauge animations, minor texture improvements inside and out"

Downloading now!
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Thanks for the heads up. Downloaded late last night. Tried it out on a short flight this morning. Much, much improved prop spin textures, Thanks a bunch Rob. The little 310 is just getting better and better.

Would like to see the prop spinners done in chrome. I tried to add a chrome effect to the spinners and it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Thanks, Rob!

Swept tailfin? Rounded nose?
    Swept tailfin started with the 310D; the 310C had upgraded 265 h.p. engines.
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

Hi All, I hope I didn't read something miss in Rob's read me's, but I cannot for the life of me get a pilot showing in either his 310Q or the 310B. My planes just don't have pilots. Is there a key I need to activate or something? Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 15