Rob Richardson's Cessna 310B Released - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rob Richardson's Cessna 310B Released

Quote Originally Posted by vlooi View Post
    Hi All, I hope I didn't read something miss in Rob's read me's, but I cannot for the life of me get a pilot showing in either his 310Q or the 310B. My planes just don't have pilots. Is there a key I need to activate or something? Thanks.
    The pilot is a permanent part of the airplane as far as I know, nothing special has to be done to have him show. I'd say try reinstalling.

A few new paints

Just uploaded six new paints for Rob's wonderful 310B. One is N364AP which won Reserve Grand Champion Contemporary at EAA Oshkosh in 1993. Four of them are based on the magazine or sales brochure someone posted earlier in this thread. Typical 1950s style... love 'em or hate 'em! The last one (for now!) is OO-SED wearing the Sabena Air livery (flight school?). I hope you like them...enjoy!

Mike

Here's the Sabena livery and N364AP... more pics to follow:

Here are the other four paints...

Mike

^ WOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vlooi View Post
    Hi All, I hope I didn't read something miss in Rob's read me's, but I cannot for the life of me get a pilot showing in either his 310Q or the 310B. My planes just don't have pilots. Is there a key I need to activate or something? Thanks.
    Hello,

With the 310B the pilot disappears when we shut down rhe engines. The pilot comes back when we start the engines. A nice annimation effect.

Have a good day

Benoit
    Last edited by bmd; October 2nd, 2014 at 17:28.
    ALPHA BLEU CIEL Gmax Ac RESTAURAVIA Royale French Navy

Love those 4 'fifties' schemes, Mike. Thanks for sharing!

Excellent repaints - thank for sharing them Mike!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Wonderful! Thank you very much, Mike.

Brian

Mikew - these are all great, evocative 50's paints thanks.

I have again varied Peter Watkins' so very nice G-reg design, just changing colors with DXTbmp > GIMP > MS Paint . .

adult image
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

C310B bbelly landing

Hello,

I have modified the scrape contact points in ordeer to have appropriate attitude on ground after a belly landing.

; SCRAPES
    point.3= 2, 0.20,-16.50, -0.50, 1800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5, 0, 0
    point.4= 2, 0.20, 16.50, -0.50, 1800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 6, 0, 0
    point.5= 2, -5.04, 0.00, -1.70, 1800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0
    point.6= 2, 2.40, 0.00, -1.90, 1800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0

Sure we should try to acoid this situation but sooner or later we may be forced to a belly landing. Several C310B has survived after such event. So I hope such happy end if one day or another one forgot to descend the landing gear.

Have a good day

Benoit

smoke effect during start up of engines

Hello,

When one start the engines of the C310B the smoke effect appears in front of the engine cowling. To have the smoke effect at the exhaust output one have to introducce the following modifications (Do not forget to save the original aircraft.cfg file umder another name)

[GeneralEngineData]
    engine_type = 0 ; 0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop
    Engine.0 = -2.0, -5.5, 0.0 ; (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum
    Engine.1 = -2.0, 5.5, 0.0 ; (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum
    fuel_flow_scalar= 0.9 ; Fuel flow scalar
    min_throttle_limit = 0.0; ; Minimum percent throttle. Generally negative for turbine reverser

As you can see I have modified the engines location. On my computer these modifications have no eefect on the dynamic behavior of the airplane during flight.

Have a good day

Benoit

Quote Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
    Has anyone replaced the prop disc textures with a more transparent one?

The model is one of the best freeware models I've ever downloaded and also one of my favorites.

Barry
    MIKEW has prop disks in his beautiful 310Q Sky King repaint, I'm using them for all 310Q paints now.
    Perhaps they would work for you in the 310B model if he doesn't have them in his 310B paints.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=18873&catid=3

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    That's Peter's G-AVZS blue/white paint pimped by me - using MS Paint! I need to finish it and am now off on a business trip. Peter - hope you don't mind my posting the screenie or sharing the repaint based on yours with others requesting it.
    No worries! Share away - they look good! Have not been near a computer for a week but have now finished the kitchen installation and will get back to painting once more. Looks like there are a lot of US paints now, which allows me to get on with other nationalities. I will however paint one US example, as I have already promised it to a previous pilot of the aircraft.

Peter W

Quote Originally Posted by bmd View Post
    Hello,

When one start the engines of the C310B the smoke effect appears in front of the engine cowling. To have the smoke effect at the exhaust output one have to introducce the following modifications (Do not forget to save the original aircraft.cfg file umder another name)

[GeneralEngineData]
    engine_type = 0 ; 0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop
    Engine.0 = -2.0, -5.5, 0.0 ; (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum
    Engine.1 = -2.0, 5.5, 0.0 ; (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum
    fuel_flow_scalar= 0.9 ; Fuel flow scalar
    min_throttle_limit = 0.0; ; Minimum percent throttle. Generally negative for turbine reverser

As you can see I have modified the engines location. On my computer these modifications have no eefect on the dynamic behavior of the airplane during flight.

Have a good day

Benoit
    Hello

With thiese modifications the visual effects when one start an engine are the following:

Have a good day

Benoit

Quote Originally Posted by bmd View Post
    Hello,

I have modified the scrape contact points in ordeer to have appropriate attitude on ground after a belly landing.

; SCRAPES
    point.3= 2, 0.20,-16.50, -0.50, 1800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5, 0, 0
    point.4= 2, 0.20, 16.50, -0.50, 1800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 6, 0, 0
    point.5= 2, -5.04, 0.00, -1.70, 1800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0
    point.6= 2, 2.40, 0.00, -1.90, 1800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0

Sure we should try to acoid this situation but sooner or later we may be forced to a belly landing. Several C310B has survived after such event. So I hope such happy end if one day or another one forgot to descend the landing gear.

Have a good day

Benoit
    Hello,

This screen shot ewas taken with the option "ignore crashes and damage". If one choose the options "detect crashes and damage" and "aircraft stress cause damage" the reedsult after a belly landing wwill be more like that:

WE can seee a real crash of a C310B at the end of the following web page:

http://airfactsjournal.com/2012/10/d...he-cessna-310/

Have a good day

Benoit

Members who have read this thread: 15