Rob Richardson's Cessna 310B Released
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rob Richardson's Cessna 310B Released

Rob Richardson's Cessna 310B Released

Thanks for the HU, Ed.

As usual - another great piece of work by Mr. Richardson! I look forward to some 'Blue Canoe' repaints for this one...
    -Mark

Blog Entries
    First the DH125, now the C310 ... great foray into some lesser known non-military a/c ... our hobby needs modelers like you ... Bravo Rob With a wealth of civilian and a few military schemes out there, I hope she gets painted up lots. Just a lovely jewel of a plane, Rob!

Between the '125 and now Bill's L24b, I'm really enjoying the small biz/transport jet type. Makes me wonder if Rob is on a civ/biz a/c kick at the moment ... much good would come of that, would it not? Cessna Citation II, Lockheed JetstarII, Dassault Falcon 10 ...

Anyway, Rob - thanks for the '310. Lovely little time capsule, she is ...

ps - love how you rendered the window tint ...

Superb! Thanks Rob!!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Excellent news! Thanks Rob for another gem.
    Love the period ad, with those colours and styles there's almost a 'Thunderbirds' feel to it - just need the pilots to look a little more like marionettes . . .

Thank you Mr. Richardson!

Back in my youth the Cessna dealer I worked for had that tacky Honey/Temple Gold scheme as their demonstrator. Needless to say, the ramp staff had a different description of the colours than the PR guys... But I still fell in love with the B & C models. None of us were happy when Cessna went to the 'zoomy' canted, pointed tanks. Between the sharp points and knife-like seams on the tanks (at head level) it became a safety hazard, esp. when fueling at night or in a rush.

Quiz: What's the easiest way to tell the difference between the "B" and "C" models?

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Thanks, Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    Quiz: What's the easiest way to tell the difference between the "B" and "C" models?
    Swept tailfin? Rounded nose?

Here's a little coincidence.
    The “310” was downloaded 310 times yesterday.
    Should anyone want the paintkit just email me and I’ll send a link.

RobR
    Last edited by robcarrich; September 18th, 2014 at 22:51.

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    Thank you Mr. Richardson!

They both had the upright fin so I think it may be something to do with the small set of vents on the engine nacelles.

Engine nacelles ran all the way over the wing to the trailing edge?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

SOH-CM-2021
    Just called to say "Thank You" Rob.

Blog Entries
    Excellent aircraft Rob!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

A Real Treat.

Thanks, Rob, an excellent addition to my hangar.

I just dug out logbook number one to refresh my memory as to why this airplane scared me so much the first time I flew it.

It was December 22, 1975, and I had a total time of 55.9 hours and had gotten my Private license 10 days earlier. I got a chance for an hour of dual in N6086, a C-310, not even an A or a B, an ex military C-310. Wasn't going to turn the chance down, even though all my time was in 150's and 172's. I knew absolutely nothing.

I still remember the runway lights going by twice as fast as anything I'd ever seen, but by the end of the hour I had partially caught up and I had that one hour of multi engine time. Then it broke and was grounded.

On September 2, 1976, I got to fly it again. I now had 300 hours and was single engine Commercial and Instrument rated and a Flight Instructor. I remember that it was still broken and my instructor, who was also the examiner, had to replace some tubing before it would go. On September 7, I had 9.7 hours of multi time, including that first scary hour and had my Multi Engine Rating. That ability to log twin time got my flying career going.

Thanks so so much for this one, Rob. It means a lot to me.

Cheers,
    steve

Thanks Rob and falcon409

Rob , an excellent job as always . I love flying the 310 . Ed , we need one of these since we're two old retired USAF Reservists .
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Rob , an excellent job as always . I love flying the 310 . Ed , we need one of these since we're two old retired USAF Reservists .
    lol, yep. . . .I agree.

Peter Watkins is on the case, should be ready soon.

RobR

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Engine nacelles ran all the way over the wing to the trailing edge?
    Bingo!

The change from O-470M to IO-470D engines necessitated/allowed the change. The "B" had the twin stacks as modeled by Rob. The "C" had them collected into a single rectangular exhaust that led back to the training edge. If you go seeking pics look for old ones as a lot of early 310s were modified with after-market systems or more extensive changes ( like baggage locker nacelles and under-wing exhausts)

310C ad:

Here are links to two photos:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/398606...n/photostream/ (always loved that retractable step!)
    http://www.airliners.net/photo/Masli...c62d857318d34b

The AOPA discussion of the 310:
    http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/A...y/1/Cessna-310

and an interesting discussion of some of the design work and flight characteristics of the early 310:
    http://airfactsjournal.com/2012/10/d...he-cessna-310/

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Getting there!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 37723225.jpg  

Looking forward to that one Peter!

Beautiful aircraft, Rob. THANK YOU!!!! I can't wait to do some repaints on her. How about an Aztec next?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    How about an Aztec next?

Don

I was afraid to ask, Don. But since you did, me too.

-steve

Have just uploaded the Blue Canoe to FlightSim.com. Hopefully will be available tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20578809.jpg  

Outstanding job. I'm working on the light blue version. Pics as I get it to a point of showing something. Thanks for the livery. . .well done.

Members who have read this thread: 15