Just Flight Fokker F27 work in progress.

Thread: Just Flight Fokker F27 work in progress.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Just Flight Fokker F27 work in progress.

From their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/justflight/...type=1&theater

We are working on a Fokker F27 at present and would like to hear from anybody with experience of the real aircraft and who also uses FSX. If that's you can you drop me an email at: alex(at)justflight.com Thanks!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Outstanding!!!!

Anyone have any idea what the average time is between announcement and release for JustFlight?

And I hope they include a model with external tanks!!!

Can't wait for this one!!!!

Kent

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    There used to be an F-27 Friendship Association...

This is a very long awaited for aircraft, looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    *Groans audibly*
    You lit their fire .

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    You lit their fire .
    Really? Think about the time-line for a moment. Just a happy coincidence.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I doubt Bjoern has anything to worry about. Bjoern has created a high quality freeware version that many of us will still want to fly. If you look at the model on the JF Facebook page you will see that it is a -200 model while Bjoern has produced both a F-227 and -500 models. This will mean that the complete spectrum of the F-27 will be covered.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

THat would be just awesome. As a dutchman I can not wait to see JustFlight release their version.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I'm looking forward to it. Back in the B-1B production days I used to ride the Rockwell company F27 up and back
    from LAX up to Palmdale (AF Plant 42). Great sounding engines and window seats since it was always half empty.

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    You lit their fire .
    Can't I light their hard drive instead?

(Just kidding.)

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Really? Think about the time-line for a moment. Just a happy coincidence.
    To be fair, from the look of it, it seems that their model has been in the shed waaaaay before I've started the conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I doubt Bjoern has anything to worry about. Bjoern has created a high quality freeware version that many of us will still want to fly. If you look at the model on the JF Facebook page you will see that it is a -200 model while Bjoern has produced both a F-227 and -500 models. This will mean that the complete spectrum of the F-27 will be covered.
    Don't underestimate JF. They made good on the promise of the additional DC-8 models, so it's very likely that they'll make good on the stretches.

I see one huge advantage though:
    When someone complains about the freeware models, I can just tell them to shut up and buy the JF model. If that person also complains about the JF model and cries that there's no good F-27 out there, I can call the JF guys and we can just go beat that ungrateful buggar up together, lol.

Conclusion: GO, JUSTFLIGHT, GO!

Hi Bjoern,

Thanks for being so gracious about it. We are always as mortified as everyone else when we find out a development is clashing with something that somebody else has put a bucket of time and effort into.
    Unfortunately (well, actually fortunately from the point of view of a user rather than maker) it's getting harder and harder to find subject matter that hasn't already been covered once, twice, three or four times already. And when we do, often somebody else pops up with one in production as well before it sees the light of day.
    I reckon that everyone producing content for FS should come together and form a cartel. We chuck all the planes that people would like to see made into a hat and we each pull one out. Nobody competes against each other for sales and users get a wider range of aircraft. Everyone's a winner!

There is of course plenty of room for freeware and payware versions of the same subject matter to exist happily together - just look at Rick Piper's Chipmunk and ours as an example. Both are enjoyed by loads of people for their own particular merits.

Best of luck with the rest of the development. I hope this hasn't curtailed your enthusiasm for it at all and hopefully everyone is looking forward to seeing both packages soon.

P.S.
    I can call the JF guys and we can just go beat that ungrateful buggar up together, lol.

Deal!

Quote Originally Posted by RAS_JF View Post
    I reckon that everyone producing content for FS should come together and form a cartel. We chuck all the planes that people would like to see made into a hat and we each pull one out. Nobody competes against each other for sales and users get a wider range of aircraft. Everyone's a winner!
    Choose an aircraft because you want to make it, not because you have to. The end result will be much better.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Something that has to do with this: when I was a youngster (eh, younger that I'm now) I read the reviews of the great addons that really did rise the bar for FSX that time. After that, I searched a freeware version of that particular plane, believing it would be the same quality. Hehe...

Hmm, now I know it's not dependent on the aircraft type, but on the guy who's developing the thing.

JF: there are still a few WWII Fokker planes that need to be done! To do them myself would take, err, "some" time...
    Kidding guys.

I remember one guy (willem) at FSDeveloper was developing a F27 also, two years ago or so. He did great detail, but we haven't heard anymore of him...
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

JF: there are still a few WWII Fokker planes that need to be done! To do them myself would take, err, "some" time...
    Kidding guys.
    I'd would have loved to do some more Fokkers, but the amount of "Fokking" puns that have been flying around over email lately has been unbearable.
    I think next up will have to be a T-28 "Trojan". Nobody could be silly with that.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Anthony Lynch has already done a superb T-28 with several variants and has also released updates.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Anthony Lynch has already done a superb T-28 with several variants and has also released updates.
    Ant even has a Trojan hooker.

Re: Ant's T-28...I agree that it would be extremely difficult for any developer to improve enough on Anthony's rendition to be economically viable. Might want to revisit that plan...

Kent

I think next up will have to be a T-28 "Trojan". Nobody could be silly with that.
    Ribbed or flavoured..?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Choose an aircraft because you want to make it, not because you have to. The end result will be much better.
    This is true, it is about the passion, not necessity.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Ribbed or flavoured..?

And what colour????
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Reading the discussions on some of your products in other flightsim forums, that would be a bad idea on one hand, but a great opportunity for some real Schadenfreude on the other*.
    Imagine the amount of people whining for a PMDG 727, but JF (plus subcontractor) getting the golden ticket...the uproar would be nothing short of legendary.

There is of course plenty of room for freeware and payware versions of the same subject matter to exist happily together - just look at Rick Piper's Chipmunk and ours as an example. Both are enjoyed by loads of people for their own particular merits.
    Nah, you'll win this one hands down. You've got a scratch-built exterior model, a VC that wasn't constrained by FS9 design standards during construction, competitive pricing, user reward program, an initial batch of paints and you usually tend after your releases with service packs or follow-on revisions (see the WIP L-1011 v2). Provided you'll get your Fokker experts for FDE input, the F-27 will even fly right.
    I can't compete with that in any way.

The only area I can up you would be details. There is a review about the various payware 737-200 renditions available and the reviewer noted that none of the models featured realistic visual reverser operations (the reversers always fully deploy regardless of the amount of reverse throttle applied). So guess what the ones on my model do...

Deal!

I knew it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Ant even has a Trojan hooker.
    HAH!

Don't waste your development time. There's already a really good rendition of one at a fairly low price.

You might want to stick to stuff that doesn't have a FSX native model yet. I bet that you can fork in quite a bit of cash with native models of a 1-11, VC-10 or Trident.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post
    I remember one guy (willem) at FSDeveloper was developing a F27 also, two years ago or so. He did great detail, but we haven't heard anymore of him...
    Well, he wouldn't have to do a VC now...

Boys, I believe, if I know anything (should do after 11 years!) RAS's comment was a tongue-in-cheek pot-stirrer of the nicest kind....

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Boys, I believe, if I know anything (should do after 11 years!) RAS's comment was a tongue-in-cheek pot-stirrer of the nicest kind....
    A payware dev with a sense of humour in market-related affairs. I like that.

Members who have read this thread: 8