FS2004 1960 Lyon-Bron Airport (LFLY) scenery released

Thread: FS2004 1960 Lyon-Bron Airport (LFLY) scenery released

FS2004 1960 Lyon-Bron Airport (LFLY) scenery released

Hi there

The CalClassic scenery collection featuring the late 1950s/early 1960s has expanded again a few days ago with the 1960 Lyon-Bron (LFLY) scenery for FS2004. Architects/builders Gérard Benoit, Alejandro Ramirez, Harry Biard, and Bernard Leuenberger have made a great effort to create this airport as realistically as possible. It includes the historic 1930 Aerogare terminal, as well as the new terminal built next to it. The texturing is amazing!
    The 1960 Lyon-Bron (LFLY) scenery is available here: http://www.calclassic.com/scenery.htm.

Cheers,
    Maarten

It is all lovely stuff, isn't it? I have a 1950-60s install set up using the Calclassic/SilverWings as a basis, fleshed out with additional sceneries from Ian Elliott, Duckie's Retro RNAS (must get around to doing some flightplans for that, especially now John Young has given us so many goodies) and a few others. Quite takes me back. :-)

Still trying to get to grips with GMAX to enable me to do my own bit for this with a few period Royal Navy carriers. I've managed to 'remove' the skijump from the old Alphasim Hermes, just need to work out how to texture it now!! :-D Once that is done then I will go to the next step and reverse engineer it to give us Bulwark/Centaur/Albion and also look at bringing (the late and much missed) Collin's HMS Ocean into FS9, something I had been discussing with him. The only gaps I can't fill are Eagle and Victorious, shame that Mark and Skippy Bing both went to the Dark Side. :-(
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    It is all lovely stuff, isn't it? I have a 1950-60s install set up using the Calclassic/SilverWings as a basis, fleshed out with additional sceneries from Ian Elliott, Duckie's Retro RNAS (must get around to doing some flightplans for that, especially now John Young has given us so many goodies) and a few others. Quite takes me back. :-)
    Same with me. The only thing is that I have yet to install Silver Wings but the rest you mention: it's all there. Back to my childhood.

Cheers,
    Maarten

A quick bump before I unstick...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    A quick bump before I unstick...
    Thanks for having made this thread a "sticky".

Cheers,
    Maarten

Sure thing!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 2