Race 1 - Chicago

Thread: Race 1 - Chicago

Lightbulb Race 1 - Chicago

Thus far, Roush Ford has to have a huge headache from Penske Ford....

The chase rules get more ridiculous every year, next year be prepared to see each chase race decided by multiple coin flips or some other such nonsense.

Notes:

-Brad had one heckuva restart - can't take that away from him at all!
    -What a drive by Larson! (and he learned a lot too)
    -Class act by Gordon helping & complimenting Larson

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Notes:

-Brad had one heckuva restart - can't take that away from him at all!
    -What a drive by Larson! (and he learned a lot too)
    -Class act by Gordon helping & complimenting Larson
    even Harvick was complimentary to Larson...made me happy.i was on skype with my old racing buddies during the race,and brad sweet showed up at my buddy chucks house..got to talk to him a minute,,,i know his dad Don from back when i raced.he was cussin his future brother in law..lol..

Hey All,

Yeah great race especially all the racing Kyle was doing there at the end. I guess a died in the wool Gordon fan could argue - why is Kyle who is not in the chase racing Jeff who is so hard - eliminating Jeff's chance to run down Brad. I see that point but don't agree with it. The other drivers are now part of what chase drivers must contend with.

As far as the chase format is concerned I think maybe it is a bit "tricked up" the way it is now but maybe not - the drivers that get eliminated along the way probably wouldn't have won anyway based on past years. I guess it might add some excitement for those "on the bubble" every few weeks. I don't don't know - I guess I am kind of ambivalent about it and will wait to see what it is like. Given this format boy did Logano's engine blow at just the right time!

Beyond any doubt the best thing NASCAR did was go away from the year long points system where a driver could get a big lead early and then coast for months - that was bad.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Lightbulb

Gordon is potentially going to be even more "dangerous" when he retires...(if he works for Hendrick as a recruiter)..
    He picked out Jimmie Johnson in the crowd and has liked/admired Larson since before Larson got into Sprint Cup....

Heartbreaker for the 43 guys. I had them wrote off too, but seeing them make such a great run, then to have the engine blow up, was sad. One of the ESPN race talking heads, at the time, insinuated, since the blow up occurred after a pit stop, that perhaps Aric missed a shift and blew it up himself. Hope that wasn't the case. Great race at the end between the 4, 2, 24, and 42.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 0