Coastline Missing in ETO 1.40 plus Hotfix

Thread: Coastline Missing in ETO 1.40 plus Hotfix

Coastline Missing in ETO 1.40 plus Hotfix

Hello,

I have a problem with my ETO v1.40 plus Hotfix. I had been playing 1940 West in France so I didn't see this until tonight when I flew over Britain. The coastline in stock CFS3 is fine at the same location in Britain, and I see the coastline just fine in MAW and PTO Solomons. This is a picture from stock ETO 1.40 + Hotfix with no Ankor mod, no SweetFX or any other mods running. A picture is worth a thousand words, so here it is:

Hopefully someone else has run into this (or done this) and you'll know what I've done wrong or need to fix. If not, since stock CFS3 v3.1a displays the coastline just fine can I move the files necessary from there into my ETO install? If so, does anyone know the name of the file(s). I can't find them and I think they are in the zip files contained in the terrains or terrains2 folders.

Other than this everything else in ETO seems to be running fine, as well as MAW, PTO Solomons and KTCS now.

Thanks for your help once again!

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Kodiak,

Its a settings issue, when you run the game config tool you need to do some custom config steps. I cant remember off the top of my head what the screen says, but you can choose to apply your own settings. theres a tick box for shore lines if I recall correctly.

If no one else has answered by the time I get home tonight I'll take some screen shots and explain how to do it.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Thanks once again, Rob

I found the setting in the Overrides section of CFS3config and Disable Shoreline Render wasn't ticked. So I ticked it and saved it. Then I unticked it and saved it again and my shoreline came back! No way to explain it, but you pointed me to the right place and I'll not worry about how or why...lol

Cheers!

P.S. With just PTO Rising Sun to go, I think I'll live through this after all...lol But it has been worth it. I had no idea CFS3 had be taken this far. Its just brilliant!

Members who have read this thread: 0