Some screens of the italian bomber i'm repainting:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Immagine2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	11422

Icon14 Reply...

Gius,

This is excellent work! Is there any chance that the model itself can be updated?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Gius,

Your work really lifts the appearance of an "oldie but goodie"

Icon14

To Rami: i'm able to do only textures and panel, reworking the mdl file is out of my skills for now...
    However, i'm working also to the Giuli's plane which is better. I believe the old model should be intended only for Ai use and the other as player aircraft.

To UT: thanks for the compliments, unfortunately the new textures don't fully upgrade an outdated model, although they bring a better appearance...
    Cheers,
    Gius

the IS4G Br 20 is an exelent model, but It is one of the models that has not breaking parts. If any can add breakeable parts ,the model can be a perfect ia model.

Thanks for the skin Gius!.

Fiat BR20

Quote Originally Posted by Maxstuka View Post
    the IS4G Br 20 is an exelent model, but It is one of the models that has not breaking parts. If any can add breakeable parts ,the model can be a perfect ia model.

Guili a aussi sorti pour FS2004 le fiat BR20Bis qui est resté à l'état de prototype . Il Vole très bien sur CFS2 mais demande un nouveau DP après le passage par MDLC .l

Attachment 11472Attachment 11471Attachment 11473Attachment 11474Attachment 11475

j'en profite pour joindre des vues de l'attaque des Br20 sur la base de Toulon en 06 1940

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Maxstuka View Post

Hi Maxstuka,
    in my opinion Corrado's Br20 is not bad, but Giuli's model is more detailed, so i've decided to reskin both and more to make a new panel. Finally it touches to you to decide which plane use... I'm taking also a look to Caleb Flerk's site to learn how to make a plane multi res and with breakable part, so we'll can have more choises..
    Best Regards,
    Gius

Quote Originally Posted by gius View Post
    Hi Maxstuka,
    in my opinion Corrado's Br20 is not bad, but Giuli's model is more detailed, so i've decided to reskin both and more to make a new panel. Finally it touches to you to decide which plane use... I'm taking also a look to Caleb Flerk's site to learn how to make a plane multi res and with breakable part, so we'll can have more choises..
    Best Regards,
    Gius
    Giuli's models are heavy for cfs2 style. Br20 of IS4G is nice like His Sm79 Sparvieros, to play and use for IA. I am using Sm79 to attack VN IOWA and bigmamie,This beasts breaking severals parts of the IS4G models when they dive bombs or torpedos.

Hahahah

Icon28

Maxstuka,
    my opinion is simply that we can get, after some reworkings, more better planes than the ones commonly used....
    Bye

Quote Originally Posted by gius View Post
    Hi Maxstuka,
    Best Regards,
    Gius
    I'm, already, working at the Fiat BR.20Bis. I asked Giuli to do a new Fiat BR.20 20 and a Fiat BR.20M. The BR.20Bis was an advanced plane for it's time and had little in common with it's ancestors.

Cheers

Pepe

Question

Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    I'm, already, working at the Fiat BR.20Bis. I asked Giuli to do a new Fiat BR.20 20 and a Fiat BR.20M. The BR.20Bis was an advanced plane for it's time and had little in common with it's ancestors.

Cheers

Pepe
    so.....???

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    so.....???
    Please, wait a little, Misson! I need to finish the Caproni series. Now, I'm working at the Caproni Ca.314 variant.

Cheers

Pepe

Icon22

skinpack for the IS4G Br20 is ready to download finally...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab_011.jpg 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	12209Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab_012.jpg 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	12208Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab_013.jpg 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	12207Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab_014.jpg 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	12206Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab_015.jpg 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	12205

IS4G Fiat Br20 skin pack.zip

Hi to all,

Here is my texture pack for the IS4G Fiat Br20.

There are five variants of this plane:

- BR-20 4a Squadriglia 11° Gruppo BT (Bombardamento Terrestre), San Damiano 1941.

- BR-20 5a Squadriglia 43° Gruppo, Barce (Lybia) 1941.

- BR-20 13° Gruppo CAI, Belgium late 1940.

- BR-20 Albania, winter 1940-41.

- BR-20 Unknown Unit, 1939.

I've also included an air.cfg and a dp for the use of Martin Wright pilot: you must manually download and install it from his site: http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/

Icon14 Reply...

Gius,

Many thanks! The 13 Stromo skin is perfect for the Corpo Aereo Italiano campaign,,,
    "Rami"

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Gius,

Many thanks! The 13 Stromo skin is perfect for the Corpo Aereo Italiano campaign,,,
    Are u reworking such campaigne?

By t. w. Great work Giusepe! !

The FIAT BR.20Bis is almost ready

Just need to test it in a mission.

Cheers

Pepe

Thanks

Hi Gius
    Thanks for the nice work.
    Any chance of you doing Japanese Repaint?
    The Japanese Army used the BR20 in China.
    Cheers
    Stuart

New feathers for an old bird. The model is OK for a target, but it definitely shows its age. It would be nice to get a new model up to current standards.

In the meantime Gius, your paint jobs really improve its appearance.

BTW Stuart 277, I think a Japanese paint job is included in the IS4G download here at SOH
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Gorrini again

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Gius,

Andrew,

you can also include Erafitti's repaint for Thicko's Fiat CR.42 in the colours of the plane flown by Italian ace Luigi Gorrini. Gorrini's 18o Gruppo, 85a Squadriglia was part of the C.A.I. and sent to Ursel.

a) I don't know if Erafitti uploaded that skin or sent it only to me, have you got it? b) Have you ever read Gorrini's comments on that campaign? Check this link:

http://www.gracpiacenza.com/luigi-go...ghilterra.html

It's all in Italian, I think it can be translated via Google. The equipment of the Italian C.A.I. pilots was simply ghastly........

GIUSEPPE:

You probably know already what I pointed out to Rami. If you do a search with "Luigi Gorrini" there's a lot of very interesting material to read and watch.
    Gorrini is still alive, albeit very old. I decided to try meeting him personally before his time is up, as my uncle was a close friend of him. I would like to shake his hand.

Thank you very much for your beautiful repaints!

Cheers!
    KH

My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Blog Entries

Se mi posso permetere...

Inanzitutto... mi congratulo con queste bellissime skins...
    Per renderli anche piu belle... ricordati che la superficie verso il soprados... e di una curvatura diversa...
    percio'... le machie mimetiche devono essere "piu piate" in maniera di apparire come le altre...
    in parole povere... il soprados sembra (cosi com'e') di avere delle striscie mentre il resto della fusoliera ha
    il "macchiato" rotondino... Te ga' capio?

Ancora... bellissimo lavoro!
    G.

Model too old causing the problem

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post

Inanzitutto... mi congratulo con queste bellissime skins...
    Per renderli anche piu belle... ricordati che la superficie verso il soprados... e di una curvatura diversa...
    percio'... le machie mimetiche devono essere "piu piate" in maniera di apparire come le altre...
    in parole povere... il soprados sembra (cosi com'e') di avere delle striscie mentre il resto della fusoliera ha
    il "macchiato" rotondino... Te ga' capio?

Ancora... bellissimo lavoro!
    G.
    Gaucho,

if you allow me, I can reply on behalf of Giuseppe because I know where the problem is.

This BR20 model is so old, it's a derivative of IS4G's CFS1 model, that texture mapping is nothing less than antiquate. Therefore it's the model that stretches the painted livery to the point that a paint round splash appears like a stripe.

There's nothing that Giuseppe could do about it, least trying a painstaking trial-and-error process by painting the splashes in such a shape that the model would have stretched them to a final round shape. Almost impossible.

I retired this model permanently from my active line of duty. As a matter of fact, I am anxiously waiting to replace her with Peperez's conversion of F. Giuli's Fiat BR.20 for FS9 series.

RAMI:

Attached below a shot of Erafitti's repaint of Thicko's Fiat CR.42 I told you about. 18o Gruppo, 85a Squadriglia, C.A.I, Ursel, Belgium, November 1940, pilot: Sargent Luigi Gorrini.

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gorrini_CR42_Ursel.jpg  

Blog Entries

I know what the problem is too... lol

Being that I have personal contact with Giuseppe I was offering to help him
    do the "reshaping" of the blotches...
    In other words, person-to-person advise... (I have helped him a lot with his repaints and he appreciates it)
    Thank you for your opinion... but the solution to the problem is not
    that difficult - I have done it quite a bit - if you remember some of my modestly well executed repaints...
    Even great "modern" models like Shupe's S2 series... have this problem with the nacelles rivets...
    (the curvature on a flat texture can be compensated easily)... i.e: circles appear as long ovals...etc. all it takes is to just
    reverse it... make long ovals over a curved surface and they appear circular in the sim...
    If you permit, it is not really so old a model that "he can't do anything about it"....
    The process is not painstaking at all... one has to work out ONE blotch... and get the "formula" for the whole surface...
    You say it is "almost impossible" to overcome... (perhaps for you) and just maybe... Gius can decide for himself... lol
    My mentoring on his repaints, I think, gave him a good head start to do better...

Cheers,
    G

Icon22 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Gaucho,

if you allow me, I can reply on behalf of Giuseppe because I know where the problem is.

This BR20 model is so old, it's a derivative of IS4G's CFS1 model, that texture mapping is nothing less than antiquate. Therefore it's the model that stretches the painted livery to the point that a paint round splash appears like a stripe.

There's nothing that Giuseppe could do about it, least trying a painstaking trial-and-error process by painting the splashes in such a shape that the model would have stretched them to a final round shape. Almost impossible.

I retired this model permanently from my active line of duty. As a matter of fact, I am anxiously waiting to replace her with Peperez's conversion of F. Giuli's Fiat BR.20 for FS9 series.

RAMI:

Attached below a shot of Erafitti's repaint of Thicko's Fiat CR.42 I told you about. 18o Gruppo, 85a Squadriglia, C.A.I, Ursel, Belgium, November 1940, pilot: Sargent Luigi Gorrini.

Cheers!
    KH
    Stef,

With regard to the story and your upcoming interview, that IS amazing. Keep me posted on this!
    "Rami"

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Being that I have personal contact with Giuseppe I was offering to help him
    do the "reshaping" of the blotches...
    In other words, person-to-person advise... (I have helped him a lot with his repaints and he appreciates it)
    Thank you for your opinion... but the solution to the problem is not
    that difficult - I have done it quite a bit - if you remember some of my modestly well executed repaints...
    Even great "modern" models like Shupe's S2 series... have this problem with the nacelles rivets...
    (the curvature on a flat texture can be compensated easily)... i.e: circles appear as long ovals...etc. all it takes is to just
    reverse it... make long ovals over a curved surface and they appear circular in the sim...
    If you permit, it is not really so old a model that "he can't do anything about it"....
    The process is not painstaking at all... one has to work out ONE blotch... and get the "formula" for the whole surface...
    You say it is "almost impossible" to overcome... (perhaps for you) and just maybe... Gius can decide for himself... lol
    My mentoring on his repaints, I think, gave him a good head start to do better...

Cheers,
    G
    Thank you Gaucho, today I learned something new. I did not know the trick of making long ovals that will appear as circular over a sharply curved surface.

And it's true it looked impossible to me, that I tried to overcome that problem correcting third party repaints on my own. After all, I always stated I am not a repainter.

Cheers!
    KH

Members who have read this thread: 1