Complete YAS Spitfire collection uploaded!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete YAS Spitfire collection uploaded!

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon12 Original YAS Spitfire LF MKIXc (AE-B) and repaint uploaded!

A good day to everybody!

As announced earlier, I just uploaded a Mediterranean Theatre repaint for Merlin66's YAS Spitfire LF MkIXc (AE-B).

This repaint depicts Spitfire F MkIXc, KJ-D, BS553, released by Cryingtoto in 2001 in South African Air Force Squadron 4 colours, operating in Southern Italy in 1944. It comes from my desire to preserve a splendid Spitfire historical skin. Unfortunately, Cryingtoto's very old model file does not show up correctly anymore in a CFS2 run under XP and later Windows OSs. Sadly, this still very nice Spitfire MkIX displays the undercarriage permanently up, even when resting on the ground.

The best candidate for wearing this livery appeared to me YAS Spitfire LF MkIXc (AE-B). Since Morten Krogstad, a.k.a. Morton, repainted back in 2005 both YAS Spitfire LF MkVb Trop (IR-G) and YAS Spitfire F MkVb Trop (T-N) using as a base Cryingtoto's KJ-D livery, I thought than combining Morton's adaptation with Cryingtoto's original SAAF squadron codes could have worked. And it did, with only minor adjustments due to slight texture mapping differences among Merlin66's early MkVb Trop and MkIXc models. So there comes this repaint, born of a lot of "copy n' paste", of mine.

I think this aircraft, thus pressed into service in a post Italian surrender, late MTO scenario, will be a worthy opponent of the beautiful Rebuffat's Bf109G models just repainted in MTO colours by Captain Kurt.

Enclosed also my latest update of alternative blurred prop disc textures and a set of Green Ghost-style gauge controlled exhaust effects fitting YAS Spitfire MkVIII, MkIX and MkXVI.

The enclosed aircraft.cfg has some extras like asymmetrical gear retraction, plus widened wheel base and increased strut shock damping for better ground handling. YAS Spitfires are notorious for their extremely touchy ground behaviour! Just like their real life counterparts, I am told, but too much is too much!

The enclosed "YAS_Mk9_AEB.dp" damage profile offers replacements for stock weapons with Paul Rebuffat's Spitfire weapon pack and a larger payload combination choice than the original. You must have Rebuffat's Spitfire weapon pack installed for it to work.

Since I could not find it in SOH's library, just for good measure, I also re-uploaded Merlin66's 2004 original RCAF Spit LF MkIXc AE-B creation .

Enjoy!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YAS_Spit_F_MkIX_SAAF_KH_2.jpg   In action.jpg   YAS_Mk9(AEB)_thumbnail.jpg  
    Last edited by kelticheart; September 10th, 2014 at 02:56.
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Merlin66 YAS RCAF Spifire LF MkIXc AEB.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: Merlin66's YAS-series Spitfire LF MkIXc of Royal Canadian Air Force, serial EN398, coded "AE-B" to represent F/O Ian Kelitie's aircraft from #402 Sqd, Canadian,Feb/ March 1943, complete with "Popeye" motif.

ORIGINAL 2004 CREATION, RE-UPLOADED ON BEHALF OF KEN HARRISON, A.K.A. MERLIN66, BY KELTICHEART FOR PRESERVATION.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Merlin66 YAS RCAF Spifire LF MkIXc AEB.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Cryingtoto's Spitfire MkIX SAAF skin for YAS Spitfire MkIXc (AE-B).zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: Mediterranean Theatre repaint for Merlin66's YAS Spitfire LF MkIXc (AE-B). It depicts Spitfire F MkIXc, KJ-D, BS553, operating in Southern Italy in 1944, released by Cryingtoto in 2001 in South African Air Force colours.

Adapted from SOH's member Morten Krogstad, a.k.a. Morton, 2005 repaints of both YAS Spitfire LF MkVb Trop (IR-G) and YAS Spitfire F MkVb Trop (T-N), using as a base Cryingtoto's KJ-D livery.

This repaint comes from my desire to preserve a nice Spitfire historical skin. Unfortunately, Cryingtoto's Spit MkIX model dates back to 2001 and it does not show up correctly anymore in CFS2 run under Win XP and later Windows OSs. This repaint is meant to preserve a beautiful historical livery by placing it on an aircraft still working with more recent MS Operating Systems.

Included: my latest update of full disc and single blade prop disc textures, GG-style exhaust effect, alternative dp file with stock payloads replaced with Paul Rebuffat's Spitfire weapons.

By kelticheart.

Enjoy!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Cryingtoto's Spitfire MkIX SAAF skin for YAS Spitfire MkIXc (AE-B).zip

Icon22 Complete YAS Spitfire collection uploaded!

I did another accurate search through "CFS2-Aircraft-British" files and I definitely verified several Merlin66's YAS Spitfire models are missing.

I could only find YAS Spit MkIa v.1 (DK-W) and Paddy Finucane's Spit MkVb (UD-W).

Off the top of my head there should also be:

1. YAS_MkIa(PR-F).zip Spitfire MkIa, revision2, released July 2004
    2. YAS_MkIIa(PK-K).zip Spitfire MkIIa, released July 2004
    3. YAS_MKVb(T-L).zip Spitfire MkVb (trop, Vokes filter), released Apr 2004
    4. YAS_MKVb(IRG).zip Spitfire MkVb (trop, Aboukir filter), released Apr 2004
    5. YAS_MkVb(AE-A).zip Spitfire LF MkVb, released May 2004
    6. YAS_Mk8.zip Spitfire MkVIII, RAAF PTO version
    7. YAS_Mk9(Y2K).zip Spitfire MkHF.IXc, released Oct 2004
    8. YAS_Mk9(AEB).zip Spitfire MkLF.IXc, released Oct 2004 (I just re-uploaded this one)
    9. YAS_MkVc(UDL?).zip Spitfire MkVc
    10. YAS_MkVb(538).zip Spitfire MkVb, VVS-RKKA
    11. YAS_MkXVI(???).zip Spitfire MkXVI, a late production MkIXc with broader chord rudder, cut down rear fuselage and bubbletop canopy, clipped wings, re-engined with Packard V-1650-7.

Plus YAS update, panel, weapon and repaint packs.

For preservation purpose of these nice, framerate efficient models, I am willing to re-upload all of the above.

Just say the word and I'll start.

Cheers!
    KH

Kelticheart,

I haven't compared with you list, but these are the YAS Spitfires I still have on CD. When you see one your missing just drop me a PM and I will mail it/them to you.

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon22 Reply...

Stef,

1) Outstanding job on this, you do amazing work resurrecting the classics!

2) Thanks for helping me by making sure that our library is fully stocked!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Icon14 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Just say the word and I'll start.
    Word! Wait...Abracadabra? Hocus Pocus? Gimme? I want?

Please do whenever you're ready.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Hi Kelti , splendid , repaints and thank you for sharing , Been a long time since I flew that one , Forgot about the CT_Mk Ix , But I found a repaint of it FU-P and loaded up into Xp , without any model issues , other than canopy linked to gear , animation,s worked ok , Dp drops , what,s there , Do you want the files ?

Wink You are welcome, lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Stef,

1) Outstanding job on this, you do amazing work resurrecting the classics!

2) Thanks for helping me by making sure that our library is fully stocked!
    Thank you, Andrew!

I forgot to mention in the readme this Spitfire flew with No. 4 Squadron, SAAF. Merlin66's MkIXc has a "LF" airfile, it means her Merlin engine is supercharge-tuned for best power output at low altitude, while I believe the SAAF counterpart had a "F" engine, tuned for medium altitudes.

Ken Harrison included in his uploads documentation of his work-in-progress and he indicated also where he uploaded his works. Two sites were his primary choice: SOH and Avsim.
    Evidently, his stuff got lost among the various ailments SOH suffered in the past, HDD crash, hackers, server retirement and such.
    Therefore, I think it's a sort of moral obligation for us to restore all of the still handsome and efficient Merlin-engined (Ken chose to reproduce only them) Spitfires Ken Harrison generously donated to the combat simmers' community.

B.T.W.: I remember reading a while ago he was having some health problems. Have you got any recent news about him?

Sarg Willy:

thank you for your offer, I did not purge CT's Spits from my collection, just retired them definitely. If, as you mentioned recently, you are still running CFS2 in older OS machines, it explains why she works fine in your rig. I even tried to fix her *.mdl with the old XP-fix utility, with no results.
    After all Merlin66's YAS Spits are still fine aircrafts with plenty of repaints for all theatres.

Cheers!
    KH
    Last edited by kelticheart; September 11th, 2014 at 03:11.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Kelticheart,

I haven't compared with you list, but these are the YAS Spitfires I still have on CD. When you see one your missing just drop me a PM and I will mail it/them to you.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thank you, Huub!

I have all of the YAS uploads you showed me above, the problem is that I have tempered with some of them, replacing for example prop discs and payloads, and I discarded the original files. This renders them unfit for re-upload.

Not all of them, I'll be re-uploading today 4 of them, 99.9% original. It means that I only changed the sound aliasing from the stock A6M2 Zero (preposterous for a Merlin engine sound!) to the stock P-38F Lightning, which makes a little more sense.

1. YAS Spit MkIIA, PK-K
    2. YAS Spit HF MkIXc, Y2-K (RCAF)
    3. YAS Spit MkXVI, 4D-V
    4. YAS Spit MkVb, VVS-RKKA #538

I will also upload the additional original YAS pack which includes Sergey Golovachev's Spitfire 2d panel, payloads, effects and more.

Instead of sending me the missing ones, let me do a final assessment among my archived downloads about what I have strictly original and tomorrow I'll post a list of what you should upload to SOH library.

Between you and me, we will complete the restoration of YAS Spitfire addons here at SOH!

Cheers!
    KH

Merlin66's YAS VVS-RKKA Spitfire F MkVb "538".zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Russian

Description: The YAS_MkVb (538).zip model is a completely revised model, with new revised AIR file.
    New textures, new Multi-resolution breakable model, and improved gunsight etc. etc. Provision for 250Lb and 500Lb bombs. I've also included for a set of Checklists/ pilot notes.

Based on a model Spitfire F MkVb, serial EP210, coded "538" to represent an aircraft from 57th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment of the Red Army, Russia, early 1943.

Britain sent 143 MkVb spitfires to Russia in March 1943. These were shipped to Basra (Iraq), re-assembled and flown to Russia via Iran. The VHF radios were replaced with the older Tr9 HF model, hence the additional aerial wire to the tail. This model represents one fitted with the RPK 10M Direction Finding aerial (DF loop behind main aerial mast).

ORIGINAL 2004 CREATION, RE-UPLOADED ON BEHALF OF KEN HARRISON, A.K.A. MERLIN66, BY KELTICHEART FOR PRESERVATION.

(original engine sound aliasing changed from stock A6M2 Zero to stock P-38F Lightning by KH. Enjoy!)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Merlin66's YAS VVS-RKKA Spitfire F MkVb "538".zip

Merlin66's YAS Spitfire MkIIa PK-K.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: The YAS_MkIIa(PK-K).zip model is a completely revised model, based on a Spitfire MkIIa, serial P7833, coded PK-K to represent the aircraft flown by, #315 Sqd, Polish, "City of Deblin", Aug 1941. At this time S/ Ldr. Piatraszkiewicz directed the squadron from Northolt as part of the 11 group.

This particular aircraft was a presentation Spitfire " Portadown" and had been transferred from #65 Sqd, still carrying the "East India Squadron" motif; it was also "sub-titled" Krysia (Polish girl's name). #315 Sqd operated MkIIa's from July 1941 to August 1941.

(original engine sound aliasing changed from stock A6M2 Zero to stock P-38F Lightning by KH. Enjoy!)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Merlin66's YAS Spitfire MkIIa PK-K.zip

Merlin66's YAS RCAF Spitfire HF MkIXc Y2-K.zip

Description: The YAS_Mk9(Y2K).zip model is a completely revised model.

Based on a late model Spitfire HF MkIXc, serial MK304, coded "Y2-K" to represent an aircraft from #442 Sqd, Canadian, July 1944, complete with D Day invasion Stripes.

New textures, new Multi-resolution breakable model, and improved gunsight etc etc. Provision for 250Lb and 500Lb bombs and 30gal and 90gal slipper tanks. I've also included for a set of Checklists/ pilot notes.

The later MkIX can be easily identified by the broad chord tail, lack of undercarriage indicators on the wings, no upward formation light on fuselage and the longer nose, with six separate exhausts to accommodate the Merlin 60 and 70 series engines.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Merlin66's YAS RCAF Spitfire HF MkIXc Y2-K.zip

Merlin66's "YAS Spitfire models pack".zip

Description: YAS_pack.zip

To reduce the size of the YAS model downloads, commencing with the YAS_MkIa(PRF).zip revised model ( July 2004), a separate zip file has been developed which includes all of the "common" files.

This file includes the gauge and sound files required by each YAS model. The \gauges folder and the \sound folder should be copied to the appropriate aircraft folder in CFS2

There are some modifications to gau and fx files which need to be copied to the CFS directory.

Additional gauge files are included ; copy the .gau files to the CFS2 "gauges" folder and the .fx files from the "effects" folder to the CFS2 "effects" folder.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Merlin66's "YAS Spitfire models pack".zip

Merlin66's YAS Spitfire LF MkXVI 4D-V.zip

Description: The YAS_Mk16(4DV).zip model is a completely revised model. A new AIR file has been constructed using Jerry Beckwith's 1% spreadsheet with further modification.

Based on a late model Spitfire LF MkXVIe, serial TB673, coded "4D-V" to represent the aircraft flown by Sqd. Leader A.J.Reeves D.F.C., #74 Sqd, based at Drope (B105) April 1945.

New textures, new Multi-resolution breakable model, and improved GM2 Gyro gunsight etc etc. Provision for 250Lb and 500Lb bombs and 30gal and 90gal slipper tanks. I've also included a set of Checklists/pilot notes.
    The MkXVI can be easily identified by the broad chord tail, lack of undercarriage indicators on the wings, no upward formation light on fuselage and the longer nose, with six separate exhausts to accomodate the Merlin series 60 engine.

The original MkIX/ MkXVI was based on a re-engined MkV and entered service as Type: 361 in June 1942. The Packard Merlin (US) version (Merlin266 engine, similar to the Merlin66 but built to metric dimensions!) was designated the MkXVI and entered service later in Oct 1944. A total of 1054 MkXVI's were produced. The last being delivered in July 1945.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Merlin66's YAS Spitfire LF MkXVI 4D-V.zip

Icon28 Good news and not so good ones....

Hi Rami and Huub!

Good news: I already found original YAS Spitfire packs to re-upload and I'll do it straight away.
    Not-so-good news: I cannot find Merlin66's upgrade of his YAS Spitfire MkIa PR-F.

This MkIa upgrade is my favourite BoB mount and it's better than the earlier MkIa DW-K. Merlin66 also uploaded a specific repaint upgrade to fly PR-F as his earlier DW-K. Besides, I have Alan Deere Kiwi ace KL-B repaint for it.

YAS Spitfire MkIa PR-F is the model I tampered the most with, I cannot upload an original pack at all.

I need assistance on this one, as I see PR-F is not included in Huub's list posted above.

Cheers!
    KH

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA

Spit PR*F File

Kelti, I have a YAS MkIa dated July 2004, the read-me states "Updated". Tis is untouched as far as I can tell. If you want it, let me know. It's amazing what lurks in the depths of my backup hard drive. I even found some old DAG install .exe files.

Steve

Merlin66's Defense of Malta YAS Spitfire MkVb Trop T-L & T-N.zip

Description: T-L code was used by George "Screwball" Beurling, 249 Squadron based at Takali, Malta during 1942.

T-N code represents the MkVb(t) flown by Sqn Ldr Joseph Lynch, OC # 249 Squadron while based at Krendi. It also demonstrates the "Malta Blue" over painting.

(Contains T-N and T-L liveries, plus Mike Hambly's Merlin sound pack. Enjoy!)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Merlin66's Defense of Malta YAS Spitfire MkVb Trop T-L & T-N.zip

Merlin66's YAS Spitfire LF MkVb AE-A.zip

Description: The YAS_MkVb(AE-A).zip model is based on a Spitfire LF MkVb (SN EP120), coded AE-A to represent the aircraft flown by Sqd Ldr Geoffrey Northcott, # 402 Canadian Sqd, "City of Winnipeg", Merston, August 1943. This aircraft is still in existence and flying in the UK.

The MkVb was the first Spitfire capable of carrying bombs, and two 250Lb and one 500Lb bombs are therefore included in the loadout.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Merlin66's YAS Spitfire LF MkVb AE-A.zip

Merlin66's YAS RAAF Spitfire LF MkVIII ZP-W "Grey Nurse".zip

Description: Based on a model Spitfire LF MkVIII, serial A58-758, coded "ZP-W" to represent an aircraft from #457 Sqd, Australian, March 1945, complete with "Grey Nurse" and Shark mouth motif.

The MkVIII can be identified by the longer nose, with six separate exhausts to accommodate the Merlin 60/70 series engines, short span ailerons, four blade propellor, and a retractable tail wheel.

The original MkVIII was based on a totally new, strengthen and re-built airframe, first seen in the MkVII. It was intended to be the replacement for the MkV, but delays in production resulted in the release of a re-engined MkV (MkIX) to meet the immediate war needs.The MkVIII eventually entered service as Type: 360 in August 1943. 1,652 MkVIII were produced by Supermarine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Merlin66's YAS RAAF Spitfire LF MkVIII ZP-W "Grey Nurse".zip

Merlin66's YAS Spitfire LF MkVb trop IR-G.zip

Description: This model represents the Spitfire MkVb(t) with clipped wings, flown by Sqd Cdr I.R. Gleed in Tunisia, North Africa early 1943. It was fitted with an Aboukir air filter in lieu of the standard Vokes tropical filter.

(Contains Mike Hambly's Merlin sound pack. Enjoy!)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Merlin66's YAS Spitfire LF MkVb trop IR-G.zip

Merlin66's YAS Spitfire LF MkVb DL-N.zip

Description: The YAS_MkVb(DLN).zip model is a revised model, with new revised AIR file.
    New textures, Multi-resolution breakable model, and improved gunsight etc etc. Provision for 250Lb and 500Lb bombs. I've also included for a set of Checklists/ pilot notes.

Based on a Spitfire LF MkVb, clipped, serial BL527, coded "DL-N" to represent the aircraft flown by P/O Jean Maridor, #91 Sqd,"Nigeria" Hawkinge, Oct 1942. Complete with Cross of Lorraine motif.

The LF MkVb can be identified by the cannon bulges above and below the wings. It utilised an electrical starter replacing the Coffman cartridges of the MkII.

The MkV entered service as Type: 331 in February 1941. Some 94 MkVa, 3,911 MkVb and 2,467 MkVc were produced by Supermarine (1363), CBAF (4489) and Westland (635). Total Build: 6472.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Merlin66's YAS Spitfire LF MkVb DL-N.zip

Merlin66's YAS Spitfire LF MkVc DL-U.zip

Description: Based on a Spitfire LF MkVc, serial AB 170, coded "DL-U" to represent the aircraft flown by P/O Jean Maridor, #91 Sqd,"Nigeria" Hawkinge, May 1942. Complete with Cross of Lorraine motif.

The LF MkVc can be identified by the single cannon bulge above the wings, bubble canopy and lack of aerial wire to the top of the tail.

The MkV entered service as Type: 331 in February 1941. Some 94 MkVa, 3,911 MkVb and 2,467 MkVc were produced by Supermarine (1363), CBAF (4489) and Westland (635). Total Build: 6472.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Merlin66's YAS Spitfire LF MkVc DL-U.zip

Thankyou much, guys. Don't know how to say it any better. This is like Christmas in September.

Icon22 Complete YAS Spitfire collection uploaded!

A good day to everybody!

And....YEAH!...
    In spite of my earlier statements that I could not re-upload the original YAS Spitfire MkIa PR-F (Merlin66's MkIa version 2), yesterday I was able to reconstruct Merlin66's 2004 upload from an old full backup CD set of CFS2 I had done back in early 2005. Shortly after Merlin66 completed his fine Spitfire collection, created with FSDS v.2.

The upload might not be fully original, but I guarantee the essential files which are:

1. YAS_MkIa(PRF).mdl model file
    2. Flight Model, composed by aircraft.cfg and YAS_MkIa(PRF).air files
    3. YAS_MkIa(PRF).dp damage profile
    4. all textures

are 100% originals from Ken Harrison's 2004 work.

YAS Spitfire MkIa PR-F is still my favourite workhorse when I fly the unfriendly skies of Southern England, ravaged by the Battle of Britain.

This, as far as I know, COMPLETES THE RE-UPLOAD OF MERLIN66's YAS SPITFIRE COLLECTION TO SOH LIBRARY!!!!

A classic collection that could not be absent from our library.

I included in this pack Merlin66's original repaint, which enables us to fly PR-F with the same colours of his earlier Spit MkIa DW-N v.1.

In the past almost everybody confused version 1 (DW-N) with version 2 (PR-F), because they simply overlooked the historical RAF squadron codes Merlin66 used to classify his creations with. If your YAS MkIa is coded DW-N, it's version 1 and not version 2.

A common mistake that was carried on over the years, misleading repainters who directed their valuable efforts towards the earlier DW-N version. RobH, for example, painted the finest historical BoB skins for YAS MkIa, but he did them for v.1, while v.2 had been around for a while.

The visual differences are minimal, but the model and texturing differences are substantial. MkIa PR-F resolved all the issues the older DW-N had, and had to be cured with the release of two different patches afterwards. It also offers better multi-res and framerate performance, a better breakup model and better texture mappings, making repaints easier.

Merlin66 set higher quality standards with PR-F, reflected in all the other models he released afterwards.

Enjoy!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YAS_MkIa_PRF_thumbnail.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0