Complete YAS Spitfire collection uploaded! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complete YAS Spitfire collection uploaded!

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayland View Post
    Kelti, I have a YAS MkIa dated July 2004, the read-me states "Updated". Tis is untouched as far as I can tell. If you want it, let me know. It's amazing what lurks in the depths of my backup hard drive. I even found some old DAG install .exe files.

Steve
    Thank you Steve!

Despite my worries, I was able to rebuild YAS MkIa version 2 PR-F from an old full backup of my CFS2 files I did shortly after Merlin66 completed his upload collection. I just uploaded it.

Check your file, almost everybody confuses version 1 (DW-N) with version 2 (PR-F) because they simply overlook the historical RAF squadron codes Merlin66 used to classify his creations with. If your YAS MkIa is coded DW-N is version 1 and not version 2.
    It's a common mistake that was carried on over the years, misleading repainters who directed their valuable efforts towards the earlier DW-N version. RobH, for example, painted the finest historical BoB skins for YAS MkIa, but he did them for v.1, while v.2 had been around for a while.

The visual differences are minimal, but the model and texturing differences are substantial. MkIa PR-F resolved all the issues the older DW-N had, and had to be cured with the release of two different patches afterwards. It also offers better multi-res and framerate performance, a better breakup model and better texture mappings, making repaints easier.

Merlin66 set higher quality standards with PR-F, reflected in all the other models he released afterwards.

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Merlin66's Battle of Britain YAS Spitfire MkIa PR-F (updated MkIa).zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: The YAS_MkIa (PR-F).zip model is a completely revised model, based on a Spitfire MkIa, serial X4590, coded PR-F to represent the aircraft flown by P/O S.J.Hill, #609 Sqd, Motto" Tally ho", Middle Wallop, Oct 1940.

New textures, new Multi-resolution breakable model, and improved gunsight etc etc. I've also included for the first time a set of Checklists/ pilot notes.

This aircraft is currently still existent, and on display at the RAF Museum, Hendon, London, UK.

ORIGINAL 2004 CREATION, RE-UPLOADED ON BEHALF OF KEN HARRISON, A.K.A. MERLIN66, BY KELTICHEART FOR PRESERVATION.

Important note from KH:

this is Merlin66's update of his earlier MkIa DW-N. This is version 2.0, not to be confused with the former, as repaints uploaded for v.1 will not fit this model.

(I included in the pack Merlin66's original repaint to fly v.2 with the v.1 DW-N skin. Original engine sound aliasing changed from stock A6M2 Zero to stock P-38F Lightning. Enjoy!)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Merlin66's Battle of Britain YAS Spitfire MkIa PR-F (updated MkIa).zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon14 Reply...

Stefano,

Thanks for all your hard work archiving all of these. I would have approved it sooner, but I've been slugging out with my internet provider the last thirty-six hours, because they can't seem to figure out the process to remove one modem from my account and add another...odd considering it's their equipment, n'est pas?

If you had been a fly on the wall...you would have heard Rami really blow a gasket. I talked to the highest person in the chain this morning and told them the names of those I spoke with, my reference number, the times I called (five) in the last thirty-six hours, and that I had recorded all of our conversations. (which I displayed evidence of)

I told them point blank that if the problem was not fixed immediately, I would discontinue my service and post the conversations to YouTube. Things got moved along then like s*it through a goose, and I was able to post this happy message.

Cheers!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Stefano,

Thanks for all your hard work archiving all of these. I would have approved it sooner, but I've been slugging out with my internet provider the last thirty-six hours, because they can't seem to figure out the process to remove one modem from my account and add another...odd considering it's their equipment, n'est pas?
    Oh, oui mon ami! Bien sūr!

If you had been a fly on the wall...you would have heard Rami really blow a gasket. I talked to the highest person in the chain this morning and told them the names of those I spoke with, my reference number, the times I called (five) in the last thirty-six hours, and that I had recorded all of our conversations. (which I displayed evidence of)

I told them point blank that if the problem was not fixed immediately, I would discontinue my service and post the conversations to YouTube. Things got moved along then like s*it through a goose, and I was able to post this happy message.

Cheers!
    Isn't it amazing that nowadays, if one wants to get something done from utility companies (Internet has become a necessary utility just like electricity, water, gas, phone and so on), threatening some kind of reprisal is the only way to get satisfaction from them?

It's the same B.S. over here, too. Ah, the fun side of globalisation!

Cheers!
    Stef

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA

YAS Spitfires

Roger that! I have both versions but sounds like you performed a sucessful recovery.

I have this model YAS_MkVb(Float) is it in the list?

super

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA

YAS Spitfires

I also have the YAS_MK5(Float) file.

All I can say is.. Thank You!! Merlin66 created some of the best looking CFS2 Spits.

Morton

Thanks Kelti!

I echo Morton's comment. Merlins Spits were always my favorites!

Nice work Kelti , originaly Ken , sent me , DW-N on a test basis for an Ai-only low polly count , reduced model , prop , canopy missing lode 2 and further out load 3,4,5 ailerons ,rudder and elevators were gone , I never downloaded his released version , as the model maping to texture call was the same naming structure as his first K release , I simply swaped over the larger Kb more detailed model of DW-K to up date the Ai version ,

Cry To model Xp tested

Thanks Kelti

Hi Kelti
    Thanks for these little beauties.
    I really appreciate all your work.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Thanks Kelti. Good work. these models definitely deserve to be preserved.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

A small correction is due

Hi everybody! I am very glad re-stocking SOH library with YAS Spitfires pleased everybody.

I need to correct a couple of imprecise details I wrote:

1. Merlin66's first YAS Spitfire MkIa version is Squadron 610 DW-K
    2. Merlin66's repaint of YAS Spitfire MkIa, version 2 (PR-F), is Squadron 610 DW-N

I am sorry, but I switched the two around in my above replies.

WAYLAND:

Thank you, we have already stocked YAS Spitfire MkVb on floats here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=50&id=7161

and YAS Spitfire F MkVb UD-W, flown by Irish ace Paddy Finucane, here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=50&id=18110

UD-W patch here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=50&id=18109

Cheers!
    KH

Question Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Hi everybody! I am very glad re-stocking SOH library with YAS Spitfires pleased everybody.

I need to correct a couple of imprecise details I wrote:

1. Merlin66's first YAS Spitfire MkIa version is Squadron 610 DW-K
    2. Merlin66's repaint of YAS Spitfire MkIa, version 2 (PR-F), is Squadron 610 DW-N

I am sorry, but I switched the two around in my above replies.

WAYLAND:

Thank you, we have already stocked YAS Spitfire MkVb on floats here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=50&id=7161

and YAS Spitfire F MkVb UD-W, flown by Irish ace Paddy Finucane, here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=50&id=18110

UD-W patch here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=50&id=18109

Cheers!
    KH
    Stef,

Since you uploaded them, can you make the edits yourself?
    "Rami"

No probs!

Stef,

Since you uploaded them, can you make the edits yourself?
    Sure, Andrew.

Allow editing of the comments in the library until tomorrow, at least. Today I have work up to me ears, I'll do it tomorrow. With an extra...

Cheers!
    Stef

Icon12 BoB 74th anniversary celebration YAS MkIa v.2 skinpack!

A good day to everybody!

Being September the official British celebration of the September 15th, 1940 pivotal day that determined the destiny of the Battle of Britain, I just uploaded a Battle of Britain texture pack for Ken Harrison's, a.k.a. Merlin66, YAS Spitfire MkIa version 2, released by Ken as Spitfire MkIA PR-F.

This updated version of YAS Spitfire MkIA is my favourite, both for looks and framerate performance. His first version was Spit MkIa DW-K.

WARNING: these textures WILL NOT FIT Ken's Spitfire MkIa v.1, or DW-K.

I have been working on these skins for a while now.

When I downloaded Ken's first MkIa (DW-K), I didn't like her livery because I thought it was way too faded for British climate. When I downloaded Ken's improved MkIa v.2 (PR-F), I loved the plane but I didn't like her livery because I thought the colours were too far from the real ones. The DW-N repaint Ken uploaded for PR-F had the same heavy fading as DW-K......

Then Ken's uploaded his Spitfire MkIIa (PK-K).

From my childhood static modelling days memories, I think PK-K original skin has the closest hue to the RAF "home defense" Dark Green-Dark Earth camouflage colours worn by RAF Fighter Command aircrafts from 1939 to the spring of 1942, when the so-called "temperate" Dark Green-Ocean Grey camouflage scheme was introduced. PK-K looks almost as if she were painted with late 1960's Humbrol RAF enamel set.

Since PK-K and PR-F models are identical, and only the flight model makes the difference between the two aircrafts, all I did was cleaning up most of the extended bitmap colour "bleed" from Ken's livery he painted for his PK-K.
    I then copied over each individual aircraft and squadron codes and repositioned the lower wing roundels on the DW-N and KL-B repaints. Squadron 610 DW-N and Squadron 609 PR-F skins are entirely produced by Ken Harrison, the former released as an official repaint for PR-F.
    I only re-mixed them, while I painted from scratch the individual KL-B codes of Kiwi legendary RNZAF ace, Pilot Officer Alan "Al" Deere, at the time he flew Spifire MkIa #P9390 in May of 1940 with Squadron 54, based at Hornchurch Sector Station, No. 11 Fighter Command Group.

My latest update of alternative full disc and single blade prop textures is included. Unfortunately, I could not overcome the texture mapping glitch in this YAS model where, although the correct texture is included, yellow safety prop blade tips are not displayed. I then preferred painting plain grey blurred discs.

Moreover, I included an alternative Flight Model (aircraft.cfg and *.air file) derived from SOH's member Bearcat241 work on Bruce Thorson's P-40B Flight Model. This FM not only gives justice to the Spitfire fame of dogfighting agility, it also allows the sim-pilot to reach the historical top speed of 363 mph IAS the MkIA was capable of. The airfile features also 50% reduced Moment of Inertia (MOI) values for better AI (computer-controlled) performance. The dp file features more engine damage effects.

Other mods include a slightly widened wheel base and a reduced tailwheel steering angle to help ground handling, reduced bounce tendency plus the "eye-candy" of asymmetrical gear retraction/extension as WWII hydraulic gear operation systems worked back then. With these mods it's possible taxiing YAS Spitfires, very prone to ground looping and bouncing to destruction in HARD flight mode.

Last, a Green Ghost-style DAP gauge-controlled exhaust effect, that you can use also on Merlin66's YAS MkIIa (PK-K).

All Merlin66's YAS Spitfires are available at www.sim-outhouse.com

YAS Spitfire MkIa v.2 (PR-F) is available here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=50&id=18835

Enjoy!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AL-DEERE.jpg   54_Sq_award_ceremony.jpg   SpitMkIA_P9390_Al_Deere.jpg   SpitMkIA_P9398_Al_Deere.jpg   KLB_2.jpg   KLB.jpg  

DWN.jpg   PRF.jpg  
    Last edited by kelticheart; September 16th, 2014 at 02:48.

YAS Spitfire MkIa v.2 (PR-F) Battle of Britain commemoration skin pack.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: September 15th, 1940 74th anniversary

Battle of Britain texture pack for Ken Harrison's, a.k.a. Merlin66, YAS Spitfire MkIA version 2, released by Ken as Spitfire MkIA PR-F. Reworked original Merlin66's textures starting from Merlin66's YAS Spitfire MkIIA PK-K livery as a base, removing most extended bitmap "bleed" and obtaining:

- Spitfire MkIa KL-B, P9390, flown by F.O. Alan "Al" Deere, Squadron 54, Hornchurch, May 1940;
    - Spitfire MkIa DW-N, N3029, flown by Flt. Ltnt. John Ellis, Squadron 610, Biggin Hill, July 1940;
    - Spitfire MkIa PR-F, X4590, flown by P.O. S. J. Hill, Squadron 609, Middle Wallop, October 1940

WARNING: these textures WILL NOT FIT Ken's earlier Spit MkIA v.1 (DW-K)!

Included are:
    alternative full disc and single blade prop textures; an alternative Flight Model (aircraft.cfg and *.air file) derived from SOH's member Bearcat241 work, for more dogfighting agility and the historical top speed of 363 mph IAS. 50% reduced Moment of Inertia (MOI) values for AI performance, improved ground handling and a Green Ghost-style DAP gauge-controlled exhaust effect.

By kelticheart.

Enjoy!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit YAS Spitfire MkIa v.2 (PR-F) Battle of Britain commemoration skin pack.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon26 Editing done and .....

....the extra is uploaded!

Cheers!
    Stef

Icon14 Reply...

Stef,

My apologies on not responding! I have been working on prep for PTC night by day, and tying up some loose CFS2 ends of my own when I have time. I love the new prop discs for all of these aircraft, and your work on producing historical skins is incredible. I'm sure all fans of the YAS Spitfire appreciate your work to restore and enhance these time-tested favorites.

You're not being a pest, but I, like you, simply wish more people took the opportunity to respond, rather than just download.
    "Rami"

Stef,

My apologies on not responding! I have been working on prep for PTC night by day, and tying up some loose CFS2 ends of my own when I have time. I love the new prop discs for all of these aircraft, and your work on producing historical skins is incredible. I'm sure all fans of the YAS Spitfire appreciate your work to restore and enhance these time-tested favorites.

You're not being a pest, but I, like you, simply wish more people took the opportunity to respond, rather than just download.
    I did not expect or wanted such a quick reply! I know how dreadful getting ready for a PTC can be from my teaching days.

Thank you!
    Stef

Top man Kelti.

Many thanks for the phenominal effort to which you have gone. You have now got me, like a number of others, I feel, looking for their parked/forgotten/lost/hidden/dumped (and that's just my stuff) files!.

Amazing how these Spit files somehow dissappeared into the shadows. Not too soon are they now put back into the spotlight.

Thanks again matey,

Graham.

Members who have read this thread: 0