Fokker/Fairchild 27 FSX native - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fokker/Fairchild 27 FSX native

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Can anyone confirm whether the Mk500 and FH-227 models show up fine in FSX?

I've got someone over at the CC forums who just can't make them show up. He isn't affected by UAC or anything and I'm just about out of ideas.
    Bjoern, You are referring to F27_native in the mk500 and fh227 while the name of the directory is f-27_native. Change the directory name and the mk500 and fh227 appear in my "select aircraft menu.
    Regards and thanks to all for the great aircraft.
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    This is the colour scheme I was talking about on another thread. When Ansett took over Butler Airways in the late 50s early 60s they created Airlines Of NSW and this was their original colour scheme for aircraft at that time, DC-3s, DC-4s and F-27s.

Hey Pat are you going to paint that scheme? I'm working a nice F-27A native canvas for you to paint on.

Thanks! In case you ever feel bored and want to apply a bit of your texture magic to a model...*Nudge* *Nudge*
    I have some time to do one basic HD (2k) grey texture and my favorite is the F-27A. Just add color and logos you wish.

Here a quick sample of the left front only. Little to much marble effects in the skin, but that will be toned down a bit and some line adjustments needed on the one door. I'm using your pattern that you used, unless someone has better drawing of panel lines.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Hey Pat are you going to paint that scheme? I'm working a nice F-27A native canvas for you to paint on.

I have some time to do one basic HD (2k) grey texture and my favorite is the F-27A. Just add color and logos you wish.

Here a quick sample of the left front only. Little to much marble effects in the skin, but that will be toned down a bit and some line adjustments needed on the one door. I'm using your pattern that you used, unless someone has better drawing of panel lines.

I will give it my best shot Ted. That is a nice looking canvas.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by mooringj View Post
    Bjoern, You are referring to F27_native in the mk500 and fh227 while the name of the directory is f-27_native. Change the directory name and the mk500 and fh227 appear in my "select aircraft menu.
    Regards and thanks to all for the great aircraft.
    I've checked the whole project structure for at least 4181 times, but never noticed the effin' dash! Thank you so bloody much much for this!

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post

Neat!
    2K is just right; the panel line and rivet pattern is an arse-pull bar none and the fuselage texture is also used as a spec map for simplicity's sake.

Neat!
    2K is just right; the panel line and rivet pattern is an arse-pull bar none and the fuselage texture is also used as a spec map for simplicity's sake.
    One won't find many rivets in a F27/F-27/FH-227, since instead of rivetting metal-to-metal bonding (Redux) has been used on an extensive scale. see http://www.dutch-aviation.nl/index5/...5-2%20F27.html and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redux_%28adhesive%29

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    One won't find many rivets in a F27/F-27/FH-227, since instead of rivetting metal-to-metal bonding (Redux) has been used on an extensive scale. see http://www.dutch-aviation.nl/index5/...5-2%20F27.html and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redux_%28adhesive%29

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Very cool info about the bonding process. Thanks Maarten.

Looking at few photos shows more like screws to remove panels on the nose cone, window frames, panels around the wing roots, engine nacelles, and tail area. Not much at all.

Beautiful repaint after the removing the old paint.

Last edited by TuFun; September 27th, 2014 at 13:59.

Found this walkaround of a F-27-200. Some good detail shots here.

http://walkarounds.scalemodels.ru/v/...kker_F-27-200/

The "no rivets" revelation basically means that I have to remove all the rivets from the fuselage and wing textures, right?

The "no rivets" revelation basically means that I have to remove all the rivets from the fuselage and wing textures, right?
    Björn,

When you look at the pictures behind Tufun's link you will see that there were hardly any rivets. However panels and large parts were were attached with screws. Fokkers were "glued" together which gave sales of the F-27 a difficult start. Nobody trusted this new technique. Only after the Royal Netherlands Air Force purchased them and showed how reliable these connections were large scale sales started.

Cheers,
    Huub

Oh, okay. The dots on the fuselage are screws instead of rivets then. No one can spot the difference either way.

Glue and screws is even a natural deterrence against rivet counters, because what doesn't exist can't be counted.

Here's a few enhanced pics reflecting what I want to see. I guess on this one they ran out of glue.

Attachment 12661 Attachment 12662 Attachment 12663

Oh, okay. The dots on the fuselage are screws instead of rivets then. No one can spot the difference either way.

Glue and screws is even a natural deterrence against rivet counters, because what doesn't exist can't be counted.
    Nice one!

Based on that first pic... for what is worth.

Refined somewhat. After looking at 20 pages of photos of the F-27-200 G-BHMY and VH-FNE.

With some paint.

Neat!

I might just nick your line and rivet layers for the stretch models, if I may.

Huub,

This comes to mind when you say they were "Glued" together. ^ Now you know I'm just kidding.....

Attachment 12700

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    If I may, I would like to add a few pics to this 'riveting' discussion that may be of some help:

PH-FHF at the Aviodrome, Lelystad:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    The third F-27 prototype, same location; this one appears to have a lot more (Visible) rivets in the nose section:

Don't be fooled by the Fokker 50 name, this F50 prototype is a converted F27, you can still see a large oval window that was painted over right of the Fokker logo:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

New revision is up.

2014/09/29
    Mk200/F-27A: Fixed antenna mapping, fixed part of the cargo compartment
    poking through the fuselage, fixed shading issue on the dorsal fin
    Mk500: Adjusted aircraft.cfg a bit (engine, htail, vtail locations, scrape
    points), fixed shading issue on the dorsal fin
    FH-227: Adjusted aircraft.cfg a bit (engine, htail, vtail locations, scrape
    points)

Link, as usual:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...it?usp=sharing

Upgrade:
    - Back up all entries for any additional repaints from the aircraft.cfgs
    - Replace the aircraft.cfgs for all models with the ones from the new revision
    - Replace F-27.mdl and F27Mk500.mdl with the ones from the new download

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    The third F-27 prototype, same location; this one appears to have a lot more (Visible) rivets in the nose section:

Which is hardly surprising since this aircraft (PH-NVF) was badly damaged during a belly landing at the airport of Addis Abeba, Ethiopia, on March 9, 1959. Cause of the accident was a premature rotation during the take off run.

Cheers,
    Maarten

A minor fix for the FH-227 is now online. Download link as usual. Just replace FH-227.mdl.

Bjoern, thumbs up for bringing this baby into FSX life!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Had some spare time to work on the cargo door and lines aft there of. Next will be the tail section.

Great to see your 'treatment' being applied here, Dr Ted.

Members who have read this thread: 3