How to end a campaign misison (or regular mission) in ETO?

Thread: How to end a campaign misison (or regular mission) in ETO?

How to end a campaign misison (or regular mission) in ETO?

Ok, here is my first embarrassing question: I don't know how to end a mission (either in a campaign or regular mission).

I started a campaign last night and flew my first mission (CAS). My flight of eight H75's took off at 04:10 and shot up a bunch of ground targets, then on the way home we ran into four 110's and shot them down with the loss of four H75's. When I got back to my home airfield I landed successfully and taxied off the runway. Then my three remaining wingmen tried to land but all three crashed and exploded at the end of the runway leaving me sitting there with my engine running (I don't know how to shut it off). So then I hit Ctrl-Q and when I exited the game it asked if I would like to save my progress, which I did, but then when I started the game today and loaded my saved campaign it had me ready to fly the same mission at 04:10 again on Day 1 of the campaign. Also, my pilot stats do not reflect my ground and air kills from my first sorite. It is as if my first sortie did not happen.

What am I doing wrong? How do I end a mission and record progress thus far? Same question for regular missions: I flew a Ju87 mission in Era 1 and we destroyed all of the S45 tanks that had a Goal % marker down to 0% and then flew back over our lines but the only thing I knew to do was to hit Ctrl-Q while I was still airborne and my pilot stats reflect no ground kills (I killed three tanks). It was an airstart mission with no home field waypoint, so I didn't know what to do after we killed the tanks but to fly back to friendly airspace and end the mission.

Thanks!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    This is how Hobbits end missions..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USN Hudson 007.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0