Wilco P2006T Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilco P2006T Released

Is the alternator belt animated? If not, no sale! (Joke!)
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Actually Bill, it was. But then as you can't open the engine cover with the engine running, there was no point. So animation was removed.(it had to be skinned!) However the part number on the belt is correct....

Here's a close-up of the motor bay

I know it is kind of chauvinistic, but is the pilot figure male or female?

Well, I finally bought it. I'm really enjoying it. It's sort of like a mini Aero-Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    I know it is kind of chauvinistic, but is the pilot figure male or female?
    Neither. They're not real.

Ok. True enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Actually Bill, it was. But then as you can't open the engine cover with the engine running, there was no point. So animation was removed.(it had to be skinned!) However the part number on the belt is correct....
    Yeah, I don't think I'd care to try working on the engine with that big fan spinning around so close to my head either!

The details and texturing of the engine are fantastic though!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Air Daily X gave a very critical review of the Tecnam. I suppose if I had read that review, I might not have purchased it. Yet it is a fun flyer and looks beautiful in DX10 - IMO. The nav lights are indeed way too bright, easily 200% IMO. but I just turn them off. Still, I hope some of the issues called about out by the ADX review are implemented by Wilco in a future update.

The guy that runs AirDaily X appears to have a major problem with Wilco in general. I seriously doubt if the release was gold-plated and sold for $5 he would say anything good.

And as for those on there who say that the Tecnam is lower quality than freeware...seriously?

No there will be no patches based on any comments like those on that site.

The manufacturer's design team have already written to congratulate Wilco on the release and much of the so-called "bugs" actually aren't further research would reveal that.

Developers are not stupid, they research and ask. Lights in DX10 are an issue because of attachment points and so on. A totally different model needs to be made to counter those. That will happen when all bugs are squashed in FSX first.

I'm afraid AirDailyX seems to exist to tear anything apart if it isn't made by PMDG or one of the other "majors" with 4 years of development time behind a release. Wilco's Tecnam is not one of those and was never briefed to be so. The price alone should indicate that. It is up to one third the cost of some of those other products.

In my opinion, common sense needs to prevail over there.

Back to topic, there will be a patch soon to cover some issues coming to light.

The guy that runs AirDaily X appears to have a major problem with Wilco in general. I seriously doubt if the release was gold-plated and sold for $5 he would say anything good.

And as for those on there who say that the Tecnam is lower quality than freeware...seriously?
    No there will be no patches based on any comments like those on that site.
    The manufacturer's design team have already written to congratulate Wilco on the release and much of the so-called "bugs" actually aren't further research would reveal that.
    Developers are not stupid, they research and ask. Lights in DX10 are an issue because of attachment points and so on. A totally different model needs to be made to counter those. That will happen when all bugs are squashed in FSX first.

I'm afraid AirDailyX seems to exist to tear anything apart if it isn't made by PMDG or one of the other "majors" with 4 years of development time behind a release. Wilco's Tecnam is not one of those and was never briefed to be so. The price alone should indicate that. It is up to one third the cost of some of those other products.
    In my opinion, common sense needs to prevail over there.
    Yea, I got the same impression. He obviously start the evaluation by saying he's never cared for any of Wilco's releases. A great way to open. I think we can be way too picky at times. . .especially those who have never seen the airplane, never flown in one, never worked on one but seem to know exactly how it "should fly", how it "should feel" (that one always cracks me up) and so on. I'm enjoying the heck out of the airplane, sounds good, looks great, flies easily by hand or on AP, great view from the VC and the only thing I would agree with from the AirDaily X eval is that I would have liked to have seen some reflection/variance in the windshield. Other than that the price is excellent and I think those who go solely by that one evaluators biases to form an opinion are missing out on a great time. IMHO!

just to ask a important question does it have a Paintkit?

For those interested in the development - it seems to be this is the thread of the developers in Moscow, Russia.

http://www.avsim.su/forum/topic/1261...am-p2006-twin/

Wrong developer...

Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    just to ask a important question does it have a Paintkit?
    There is one coming.

Wrong developer...
    Really? How about the 2 pictures here (at the end of the thread - they slowly changed from a glass cockpit to gauges) - look at the light-blue color in the gps?

Isn't that the same point on the airdailyx review? (the gps) ?

Oops - translated some - seems you are right! Sorry.

So a freeware one is coming then it seems.
    http://www.avsim.su/forum/topic/126168-tecnam-p2006-twin/page-12

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    The point was made that the glass is almost invisible, but perhaps that could be adjusted via the paint kit.
    I hate the way that canopy glass set to opaqueness fades out colours. Nothing like in real life where they eye adjusts to edit thw glass out except where it is polarized in which case it shifts the colour and increases contrasts.

I actually prefer almost invisible glass with some reflections mapped on.

glass is being adjusted for the patch.

I haven't purchased yet, but I'm leaning towards it for sure. Good to see that a patch is incoming.

I know it's not something that would likely happen, but if there were an option to 'flip' that whole avionics panel to a simple blank one that I could put a GTN750 into (just like the Lear 24 update gave us) I'd be all over this very, very quickly!

Uh, the lights are a problem in Dx9 as well. I don't know of any other sim that has lights as bright as these. They just look unrealistic. Nuff said.

j

agreed. being changed in the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by P38man View Post
    Really? How about the 2 pictures here (at the end of the thread - they slowly changed from a glass cockpit to gauges) - look at the light-blue color in the gps?

Isn't that the same point on the airdailyx review? (the gps) ?

Oops - translated some - seems you are right! Sorry.

So a freeware one is coming then it seems.
    http://www.avsim.su/forum/topic/126168-tecnam-p2006-twin/page-12

The detail on the yokes in that freeware version is excellent. Looking forward to the Wilco update.

I'd like to see the volumetric prop model, as viewed from the side as an elongated diamond shape, rather than parallel lines.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I find that the ignition switches are switched, the flap switch is reversed, the CHT temps seem to be stuck on high with engine running and it appears the RH fuel selector appears opposite from LH.

Tom

With the exception of the CHT, everything you mention has been addressed in the forthcoming patch.

With regard to CHT, you may have automixture selected? The movement of mixture knobs will affect CHT as per the sim but obviously not if you have automixture selected.

Members who have read this thread: 4