Wilco P2006T Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilco P2006T Released

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    With the exception of the CHT, everything you mention has been addressed in the forthcoming patch.

With regard to CHT, you may have automixture selected? The movement of mixture knobs will affect CHT as per the sim but obviously not if you have automixture selected.
    Bazzar,

No I don't have auto mixture selected.

Thanks,

Tom

Then I don't know. The mixture levers, at the base of the pedestal when moved up or down to lean or enrichen the mixture, do affect the CHT.

Any info yet on when an update may be coming?

Tom

Bazzar,

No I don't have auto mixture selected.

Thanks,

Tom
    The CHT issue is easily fixed with any air file editor.

I have the original version and tried to download the new V1.1 update but it appears that you will get charged again.

Anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks,

Tom

Charter Member 2015
    I got it as a free update.

David

Hi David,

I am a little slow at times but I finally got it also.

Tom

Anyone care to share their experiences with the update? What issues does it improve? Is there a changelog to read anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    Anyone care to share their experiences with the update? What issues does it improve? Is there a changelog to read anywhere?

Go to there web page and it lists all of the changes.

Tom

Charter Member 2015
    Flies nice!

David

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    I have the original version and tried to download the new V1.1 update but it appears that you will get charged again.

Anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks,

Tom
    login, go to the download tab. You don't have to buy it again. The download page also has the key codes. Which you do need to re-enter.

j

Change log is on the Wilco Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/<wbr>WilcoPublishing

I immediately noticed more reflection on the canopy and windows, landing and nav lights are much less intense, more realistic. No flight time to test out the other changes.

dvj

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    login, go to the download tab. You don't have to buy it again. The download page also has the key codes. Which you do need to re-enter.

j
    Already figured it out.

Thanks,

Tom

.air file still too hot

Ok I have tested this one out, before and after update, don't get me wrong, I love this little twin, but the thrust to weight ratio is way off. Yes it is a good climber IRL, but not 2000+ fpm climb with 15 degrees pitch up and still gain airspeed...so I put the .air file into the editor and it had the engines coded as jet (Hmmm Rotax jet would be interesting). Changed to piston and saved. Still too hot for 200hp combined, so I changed the engine power back to 1.0 (it is 1.1 original .cfg) and the propeller thrust to 0.8 (original is 1.1). These still produced a maximum take off of 1800 fpm holding 90 knots on climbout...closer to spec for this plane.

This is just my two cents worth, it is a pretty good little bird, not perfect but is fun to fly.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Free demo now available: http://www.wilcopub.com/P2006TDEMO
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    Ok I have tested this one out, before and after update, don't get me wrong, I love this little twin, but the thrust to weight ratio is way off. Yes it is a good climber IRL, but not 2000+ fpm climb with 15 degrees pitch up and still gain airspeed...so I put the .air file into the editor and it had the engines coded as jet (Hmmm Rotax jet would be interesting). Changed to piston and saved. Still too hot for 200hp combined, so I changed the engine power back to 1.0 (it is 1.1 original .cfg) and the propeller thrust to 0.8 (original is 1.1). These still produced a maximum take off of 1800 fpm holding 90 knots on climbout...closer to spec for this plane.

This is just my two cents worth, it is a pretty good little bird, not perfect but is fun to fly.
    Is the CHT nearly always at max because it has jet engines? It seems when I fly it the CHT is nearly always maxed.

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Free demo now available: http://www.wilcopub.com/P2006TDEMO
    Thanks for the heads up. The fact that they've taken the time to release a demo means a lot, in my books. I'll have to give it a try.

Work is at hand to get a better simulation of the chokes. The controls are not strictly mixture but carb chokes for starting and cold running. There is nothing in the SDK that covers chokes for the Rotax so special code is needed. In the meantime they function as mixture controls but this WILL change.

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Is the CHT nearly always at max because it has jet engines? It seems when I fly it the CHT is nearly always maxed.

Thanks,

Tom
    I haven't dug that far into the .air file yet...but it should be fixable there....and honestly I didn't look at the CHT gauge to see if changing to piston made any difference as I was more concerned with tuning the flight characteristics a bit, but I will dig into it some more.......I was a little surprised to see the .air file have the engines as jet, when the .cfg had them as piston.....could have just been a typo.

Getting a Rotax to behave properly in FSX is no easy task. You will not find conventions in the files. Alter these at your peril.

It might also be worth mentioning that airfile entries like engine type have not been used by this sim since before FS9. The entry is actually redundant. The aircraft CFG now handles these parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Getting a Rotax to behave properly in FSX is no easy task. You will not find conventions in the files. Alter these at your peril.

I flirt with danger but so far nothing blown up, I haven't seen an entry in the .cfg for cht, but I did find that the max temp in the .air file was about 240 degrees too high. I like Rotax engines although the power curve is narrowish and at high rpms, they do have pretty darned good fuel economy.

Btw I would love to see the chokes work properly, but I imagine that will be a pain to code....all in all this is a good sim, look forward to future tweaks to it.
    Last edited by ksheadley; September 23rd, 2014 at 17:41. Reason: Additional comment

Awesome wee bird! I waited until she showed up at Just Flight --which she did yesterday.

Only thing I've noticed so far in a couple circuits are some missing "A" views. I don't have but 3 exterior views: left, right and rear. And the passenger view is missing from the internal.

Obviously will not effect flying but hurts the visuals.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Did some repainting experiments. Quite easy - nothing more to say.

LGM D-GLGN based in Mannheim EDFM

British Airways Flying Club based in Wycombe - EGTB

Thomas

The Demo doesn't seem to work in P3D v2.4.

The aircraft loads, but there is no panel, no visual model and I think no sounds. The only thing that exists are the placards put in place stating its a demo. This is at KLVS per the instructions.

*EDIT* Got it working. I was at KLAS...KLVS. lol DOH!
    Last edited by Ark; October 26th, 2014 at 11:49.
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Members who have read this thread: 4