Milviz F-86 Repaint Help

Thread: Milviz F-86 Repaint Help

Milviz F-86 Repaint Help

I'm trying to give the Milviz F-86 a little spit shine in certain areas, but can't seem to get it to react the same way other textures have in the past. Using Alpha channel, for example on the bare aluminum base texture, I can change the Alpha Channel from basically almost white, to complete black (and to my novice knowledge should make the thing completely reflective) yields no change in the texture whatsoever. How does one know which textures this will work with and which it won't? Has anyone been successful in attempting to get the highly polished aluminum look on this bird? I'm a novice repainter, so with any luck it's actually user error on my part!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

MilViz opted for not enabling alpha in the diffuse textures thereby not giving the model the alpha shine it could have had. A grave mistake in my opinion and when raising the question I was met with a tone of speech not known to this forum.

Best regards
    Dag

Whenever I can set aside the time to prep the F86 for Prepar3D v2.3, I've made a note to enable the option in the FSX Materials to "Blend diffuse with diffuse Alpha," which will enable the "glossy" function. I will also rewrap the FSX installer at the same time.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Bill you are my hero!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Ask and ye shall receive?

Shiny chrome finish is something I've always wanted in the F-86 also. Look forward to this when you can get to it Bill.

Cheers!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

It will open up the repaint options for sure. I for one will love to see the high polished versions...will make smashing Hawk One golden eagle scheme glow brilliantly and the MiG Mad Marine scheme shine as the restored version!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

It would also make a Navy blue FJ-3/4 scheme look beautiful, if someone were so inclined. May have to go, since I wouldn't want to ask of someone else what I wasn't willing to try myself.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    It would also make a Navy blue FJ-3/4 scheme look beautiful, if someone were so inclined. May have to go, since I wouldn't want to ask of someone else what I wasn't willing to try myself.
    There are at least 2 fury schemes out there

Jeansy I've been looking for the Fury skins for ages...I'll do another search! thanks!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I did a couple one Marine in gull grey/white and one Navy in blue they are uploaded here. Neither one shiny (no alphas) at all as any alpha changes made no difference. If someone can incorporate the alphas into the model I can go back and add an alpha channel.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=73776&sort=d

I have your VMF-451 paint but did not know there was a sea-blue skin. I will definitely be downloading that, as well as that PB4Y-1 skin you have. Thanks for the HU!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Members who have read this thread: 1