Official: T-6 Racers Preview
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official: T-6 Racers Preview

Official: T-6 Racers Preview

Good-day,

Myth? - The elusive FSX T-6 package we have been working on... is no myth.

For the next little while, I will be offering previews here. Until release. (very soon)

The details;
    Model: - Original Warwick Carter/David Eckert.
    Sound: - All new exclusive sound-set. 3D Cone, actual recordings, the whole bit.
    Texture: - 20 All new, historically accurate, and meticulously created liveries. Based on the Paintkit by John Terrell. But also featuring new goodies inside and out.
    Flight: - The flight model is entirely reworked, for accuracy, and realism. A half dozen real-world T-6 pilots have been interviewed, and their commentaries noted. The flight model is exacted around the concept of the cleaned-up, yet still very stock T-6 aircraft, such as compete in the National Championship Air Races in Reno. Also this flight model will much more readily adapt to the aerobatic routines as seen with various airshow performers across the country.

Also; special .xml programming, and a precision customized RealEngine module have been adapted for extra immersion. There's other goodies as well... You'll see!

This will be a complete, and entire release. Everything you need will be included, and we have permission form all various authors. - It is freeware.

I have launched a preview gallery, which displays a single image of each of the liveries featured.
    View it HERE.

A few more samples:

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Very cool!

David Eckert like the guy who did the famed FS9 Stearman?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Wow, that's quite an amazing T-6 set. Thanks for the previews, all of those textures look great. I'll be looking forward to this release.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Very cool!

David Eckert like the guy who did the famed FS9 Stearman?
    Although its been widely referred to as simply the "Wozza Texan", David Eckert was also responsible for the creation of the model (I believe David Eckert had the model largely built but wasn't going to be able to finish it - the AT-6 was going to be his next release following his FS9 Stearman and B-26 Marauder) - and not to forget that the pilot model was provided by Mike Flahault (Flight Replicas).

This "Racers" expansion has been a really, really, really long time coming! I've been looking forward to it greatly - the immersion factor massively enhanced through new flight dynamics, new (very dynamic) sounds, and engine management (and I'm sure other details we have yet to see/hear about).

With the Reno Air Races starting tomorrow, great timing for a release this week too! ; )

BTW, I'm incredibly impressed by these textures! It is a very challenging model to produce for, paint schemes as complex as these.

Looks great, really looking forward to finally getting some RCAF paints on the Texan (I know it's no Harvard, but but it'll have to do)

Really looking forward to this. Thanks Joe.

Wow - great news to hear. Those are some sweet previews too!
    Look forward to flying these upcoming T-6s.
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

This looks fantastic! I was just looking into freeware T-6s the other day. I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for all of your work on this!
    Cheers,
    Alex ("Badger")

My Aviation Content: [Blog] , [YouTube] & [Twitch]
    Favorite Aircraft: FSX Grumman G-21 Goose with [Redux] , [Flight dynamics] , [Sounds] & [RealEngine]

Really looking forward to this package!You guys have covered one of the paint schemes that was my inspiration for the paint scheme I chose for my RC T-6!

Thanks for the support fellas.

I have uploaded the 17-page T-6 class racers history. (in .pdf form)

You can view/download it HERE.

The document contains a brief real-world history of the T-6 class, and some of those aircraft featured in this package.

More goodies to follow!
    - Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Don't know what to say, other than WOW! Looking forward to this!
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

More teasers

Good-day fine folk.

I leave for Reno this afternoon. Am providing media again this year, from the Races. They are all week long, through Sunday. You can follow them at:
    AAFO

Or the official site.

I do not promise to have this T-6 package released before the weekend. But look for it next week.

A few more teasers to wet the appetite..

You'll notice some more depth to the instruments, different colors, and no lack of details.

#43 'Midnight Miss' is currently sitting in the top qualifying position for the T-6 class at Reno. Owner/Pilot Dennis Buehn is looking for his second consecutive championship. I'll be handing him a printed glossy of the following screenshot, in thanks for his efforts on this project.

VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Watching the T-6 Race right now at Reno makes me look forward to these even more now.

... the Class sure enjoyed some good racing.

- J
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Looking great. Any chance we will see a soundai folder? Cant wait for release

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Looking great. Any chance we will see a soundai folder? Cant wait for release

Yes..

But more than that. The sound files themselves have been optimized for the best possible multiplayer effect also. It's not perfect, given the limitations of the simulator.. But DARN GOOD. It's fun!

- J
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Blog Entries

wrong RCN/RCAF Roundel maple leaves ....

it's ok, almost everyone makes this mistake!

The models previewed show the wrong maple leaf in the roundels. Those are the modern, post-1968 era roundels, whereas the old (not the recently reverted) RCN/RCAF roundel of the 50s and 60s was this ....

... as done on N97AW shown here:

and on N2757 here:

... and NOT this ... which is what was used for post '68 CAF (and now present day RCAF):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66929.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	12360

I hope that helps ...

DL

Thank-you for quickly pointing out these!

We're on it!

- J
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

And while we're waiting..

I managed to get some sunrise shots of the real mighty Texan's, as they graced the Reno ramp on this past Sunday.

See a sample gallery HERE.

Listed below, #6 'Six-Cat', of Nick Macy. Multiple time Gold champion at Reno.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

A couple screens from testing today.

VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Gorgeous, absolutely love it!

Also, I know you are a fan of A2A, did you see A2A teasing a Texan on their Facebook page? They posted a bunch of pictures of a Texan with her panels off with the caption "Accu-sim Research".. now that is an exciting prospect

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Gorgeous, absolutely love it!

Also, I know you are a fan of A2A, did you see A2A teasing a Texan on their Facebook page? They posted a bunch of pictures of a Texan with her panels off with the caption "Accu-sim Research".. now that is an exciting prospect

What that means is;

Developers "Don't bother trying on the T-6.. we might do that someday, and your efforts would be in vain".

Probably not foreseeable in the next 4 years.
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

This package looks amazing to me

This package looks amazing and the fact that it is an expansion on a great freeware product that will take it well above the "payware" level makes it that much better....A2A has their plate full and the T-6 would be quite a ways off from development. Keep up the good work, looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    What that means is;

Developers "Don't bother trying on the T-6.. we might do that someday, and your efforts would be in vain".

Probably not foreseeable in the next 4 years.
    I learned from their F-104, F-4 and P-51H to not get excited about A2A projects until I see it in the store

Members who have read this thread: 2