LH Lear 24B

Hello Folks,

Am i blind this morning, bcoz can't found the LH Lear24B thread
    What happen
    Thanks in advance.
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    It was removed at the request of thread starter.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Thanks for answering AussieMan.

R.I.P LH
    Yves

Thanks for asking. I was wondering too. But I am sorry to hear that.

Discussions on New Releases are usually a good thing. . .sometimes they get ridiculous and this happens.
    ************************************************** ************************************

Having said that and knowing that some folks were having problems starting the airplane. . .let me offer up my experiences in Beta Testing.
    Start requires that you use a cold and dark scenario specifically for this airplane. You must load the Lear, ensure that ALL switches are in the off position (especially the Jet Pumps and the GEN/START switches). If you still hear any cockpit sounds at all, reset the L/H battery switch. . .you'll get a short gyro spin-up sound but that will go away. When all is quiet, save that flight. I suggest that you save the flight to your desktop so that you can simply double click and it will bring you directly into the cockpit.

Now, recheck to ensure all switches have remained off (from time to time I still find the jet pumps on). . .it will not start unless you turn them off before the start sequence.
    Once you verify that all switches are off, turn on both battery switches, turn on the jet pumps, take the left starter switch and hold it down until the engine starts. . .once the rpm's spin up, release the switch and move it up to the "GEN" position.
    Repeat that for the right engine. Once you have engine start, turn on both converters (needed for AP function) and the remaining switches.

It should be obvious, but do not load an aircraft you already have setup for cold and dark starts, load the Lear 24B and resave as your cold and dark for the lear. Not how it works and the manual is pretty clear on that. I hope if nothing else, this might trigger an "ah ha" moment for somebody and it helps get you in the air.

Finally, if folks who intend to post in this thread can FOCUS on being instructive and constructive. . .then it could be a great dialogue for finding great pleasure in flying the beautiful Lear 24B. We all realize (or should) that every system, every Sim setup comes with it's own set of tweaks and quirks. . .what works for one may not work for another. . .keep that in mind and let's try again to explore this excellent aircraft. I'm sure Admin is watching and won't hesitate to shut this down if things get out of hand so let's not give them a reason. Thanks and happy flying!!

Thanks Ed-- I was having problems with the start too. I'll go try out your suggestion.

Thanks,

Kent

So lets use this threat for some constructiv discussing and tweaks:-)
    I'll start with a new paint of mine:-)

If there are any requests for repaints, feel free to pm me.
    With best regards,

Christoph

Looks great Christoph!
    Repaints, now you're asking. This one in a Canadian rego if possible
    http://www.oy-reg.dk/billeder/l20364.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	l20364.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	12097
    Anneke

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Discussions on New Releases are usually a good thing . . . sometimes they get ridiculous and this happens. ************************************************** ***********************************
    Ed, aircraft in FS are becoming more complex. We are getting closer to the original Microsoft slogan "As real as it gets". Gone are the days when you could just load an aircraft, hit CTRL+E and away you go.

Now with most new aircraft you need to spend an hour or so to **** before you can fly.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Ed, aircraft in FS are becoming more complex. We are getting closer to the original Microsoft slogan "As real as it gets". Gone are the days when you could just load an aircraft, hit CTRL+E and away you go.
    Now with most new aircraft you need to spend an hour or so to **** before you can fly.
    Yes, because the demands and expectations of the consumer have changed. 2D panels were the norm and very few questioned why, then the VC concept became a reality and it was a keeper if you had a new release with a VC that had workable gauges. Then came the animation breakthroughs and if the VC wasn't fully animated. . .with working gauges it was somehow inadequate. So the progression, more and more and more details. Each detail needing coding to sometimes bypass shortcomings in the sims abilities. Then 3D gauges. . .it just wasn't worth having if you didn't have those cool 3D gauges. . .all requiring more code and more code. . .to the point that it started affecting the fps. Can't have that, not worthy of a purchase if it looks awesome, contains all the NEW innovations but drags the fps down from 40 to 30. . ."it kills my immersion factor". . .ad infinitum!!

Yes, I'm aware of the complexity of the hobby and how reading the manual is becoming the norm before flying these airplanes. . .and it's all driven by the expectations placed on each new release and the developers balancing act between what is possible, what is not and how far the coding can be stretch to meet the system requirements. It wouldn't do for me to be a developer. . .I wouldn't last beyond the first release, lol

Shame about the previous thread. I depend on threads like these to formulate my opinion on whether to purchase. I don't pay much attention to people complaining about the small things, but I do enjoy sharing in the enthusiasm of those who are excited; those who can't wait to post some nice sreenshots. On second run threads, unfortunately that enthusiasm isn't quite the same. Also tips and discoveries get shared that are pretty darn useful.

That said, the importance of setting a new cold and dark save for this plane extends to other areas besides starting. Until I took the time to run through my proper procedure for setting up a new default flight in a new plane, I wasn't having trouble starting it, but I was having issues with some of the clickspots in the VC, mainly the radios. This seemed to go away once I set up a proper c&d saved flight.

My procedure for setting up a c&d flight for any new addon is:
    - load the default C172
    - start the c172 using ctrl+e
    - switch to new plane
    - shut everything down
    - save the flight

Always works for me.

Also, from what I gathered, this plane didn't have reversers, so what is the section of the throttle for below idle? While setting up my TQ in FSUIPC, I was mighty surprised to see me jump ahead like a rabbit when I pulled my TQ levers back fully.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    Shame about the previous thread. I depend on threads like these to formulate my opinion on whether to purchase. I don't pay much attention to people complaining about the small things, but I do enjoy sharing in the enthusiasm of those who are excited; those who can't wait to post some nice sreenshots. On second run threads, unfortunately that enthusiasm isn't quite the same. Also tips and discoveries get shared that are pretty darn useful.
    Yep, unfortunately the thread went south quickly, nothing useful was coming out of it and Bill had it closed

My procedure for setting up a c&d flight for any new addon is:
    - load the default C172
    - start the c172 using ctrl+e
    - switch to new plane
    - shut everything down
    - save the flight

Always works for me.
    In P3D I start in Free Flight
    Select the Lear
    ensure all switches are off and no ambient noises are still playing in the cockpit
    save the flight and place it on my desktop
    restart the flight using the saved flight icon
    and off we go.

Also, from what I gathered, this plane didn't have reversers, so what is the section of the throttle for below idle? While setting up my TQ in FSUIPC, I was mighty surprised to see me jump ahead like a rabbit when I pulled my TQ levers back fully.
    Yes, the Lear24B, when released did not have reversers. Some were retro fitted which added a box that was affixed to the top of the glare shield and controlled the engines and reversers. As for the notch below idle on the throttle quadrant. . .no idea.

Still no engines start and lighting problem

Hello,
    Thanks to all for your kindness and patience.

I still have the taxi and landings lights displaced, no matter the area i fly, what's about you
    As i already wrote, i tried several different procedures starting these 2 engines, but no luck. All i have is the turbines spooling ok, but when reaching 9 on the tacho, no start at all.
    I have watched again the video concerning the cold and dark procedure, who's know i could missed a detail, i did exactly the same as shown in the video but again, this is not working.
    I have a ton of "complex" aircraft in my FSXA, all of the most famous developers team, and get no troubles and no problems starting engines, either, piston or turbine.
    I have re-read and followed what you all wrote. Of course i begun with a cold and dark, all switches off or down etc...
    Putting a battery on, 2 fuel pumps on, ignite starters are, i think, not so complex to do
    There is obviously a problem but i really don't know where, as i have no troubles starting jet engines on other more complex addons and i have not added something new on my FSXA apart this Lear.
    If you have some ideas, thanks in advance, i surely take them.
    Yves

Also, from what I gathered, this plane didn't have reversers, so what is the section of the throttle for below idle?
    In one of his instructional videos Bill says that these lever positions were for engine cutoff. He could not replicate it in the sim so you have to shut off the jet pumps.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeromeo View Post
    As i already wrote, i tried several different procedures starting these 2 engines, but no luck. All i have is the turbines spooling ok, but when reaching 9 on the tacho, no start at all.
    Try CTRL+SHIFT+F4.
    For whatever reason, FSX still needs mixture at full rich for jets.

Cool finally

Hello,
    Thanks for your ideas but the thing/problem who caused troubles starting engines was.............. a BAD Shift key, this key is not working properly.
    When i read the last message from Bjoern, i was pretty furious, bcoz i already did it a lot of times without success, but this time i hit the keys pretty violently...
    Finally, i can start these engines "normally", and last but not least, i discovered, that way, that my keyboard is not functionning very well !
    Yves

Glad you got em' started. I guess a limitation within FSX that the latest version of P3D doesn't have. Possibly the underlying cause of other quirks that some see but others don't.

Hallo Anneke,

today I have found some time to give your request a try.

Do you know, if the registration is only on the tail fin??
    If everything is fine, I will upload it

With best regards,

Christoph

Nice work Christoph!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Nice work Christoph!
    THANKS

Hopefully Anneke says the same

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by F-4F View Post
    Hallo Anneke,

today I have found some time to give your request a try.

Do you know, if the registration is only on the tail fin??
    If everything is fine, I will upload it

With best regards,

Christoph

Nice paint scheme, Christoph. I have seen the real plane online that has this paint scheme.

I dont know if you noticed, but I setup the exterior paint materials with the option to use Alpha channels. The darker, the higher in reflection quality. So if you want to add some nice reflections in it, just add some dark zones to the Alpha on the paint schemes. For existing Alphas, pick a stock LJ24B paint scheme and open it in PS and select the Alpha channel and copy/paste that into your new one. The really dark zones are the chrome area's. (Optional chrome, white for non-shiney).

If you need an interior PSD pack, just email me which one you need and I can upload it. They are quite massive though, like over a gig, so please only pick one or so. Right now I have N802 and N777 online (interior paint PSD files).

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Hello,

@F-4F, Congrats, excellent repaints
    Do you still accept request?
    Yves

@Bill: Wow, thanks for the offer! Maybe I will come to it later.

@yankeeromeo: Yes, why not. But I am not sure how fast I can finish the new paint.
    What paint do you want me to do??

With best regards,

Christoph

Fixed my startup issue!

Loaded a default F22 thinking of a twin jet as a starting point. With engines running I saved the flight. Then made that flight the default. Restarted the sim and made sure the aircraft was ready to taxi. Switched to the Lear and made sure it was ready to taxi. Then shut it down to cold n dark, every last clickable switch. Waiting for engine gauges to reach zero and all sounds were quiet. Now I saved the flight. For now it is my latest default and engines start every time.

Also, found that in flight the tip tanks would drain completely and starve the engines. Flow from wing tanks just didn't happen. Of course the jet would not air start either. Hitting CTRL-E would get one engine running and save the crash. However when I followed the above procedure even that was fixed and the tips now leave 25 or 27lbs when the wings start to flow.

Fantastic aircraft!! Love it a lot. BUT...you gotta **** and digest every word and follow it. Its not a long manual. Bill didn't waste any words.

Hope this helps. It really is worth a little meticulous care to set up. Oh and watch your power setting, it will overspeed before you know it.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Members who have read this thread: 1