Grumman Tracker & Tracer for FSX by (eaglerotorsimulation)

Thread: Grumman Tracker & Tracer for FSX by (eaglerotorsimulation)

Icon25 Grumman Tracker & Tracer for FSX by (eaglerotorsimulation)

Hi everyone, I hope I have posted on the right forum section. I have FSX and recently discovered the excellent Grumman Tracker & Tracer models in your Warbird library. I must say the model depiction is very realistic and the sound is also. I managed to modify the .config file for converting to a steerable nose wheel as per readme instructions. However I have a few problems I would much appreciate some help on.
    a) Changing internal cockpit views by pressing A won't put me in the 1st officers seat. How do you see all of the overhead panel etc?
    b) The radio stack seems ineffective to cut out 'Airport Information' as you generally can by changing your frequency selection.
    c) On the Tracker the switch in front of the searchlight joystick will not switch on the searchlight as indicated in the readme.
    I have a fairly competent computer with a 3770K CPU and Asus GTX760 video card also 8GB RAM and the OS is on SSD and FSX has its own SSD. The control is a Saitek X52 Pro.
    Can anyone help or instruct me how to mod the .config file to achieve the above results please. The Tracker is such fun to fly and a good looking aircraft.

Euroastar350 Question

Euroastar350, Can you verify these things work in the FSX native version please.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Icon9 Tracker questions remain unanswered.

Hi thanks for your efforts Milton but the day I got your reply I emailed Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations on there formatted e-mail contact page but have had no reply todate. Pity there is no followup as the aircraft is a beauty otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Hi,

Sorry for the late response. To answer your questions:

1.) No camera definitions were added for the virtual cockpit, only the exterior has them

2.) Apart from animating, changing the prop disc and converting over from FS9 to FSX format, nothing in the original mesh has been changed.

3.) Strange as the switch works for me, I will look into this

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

I realize this is a really, really old thread, but, I didn't see any other references to the issue or an answer, and I finally got it working in my setup, soo....

Regarding the searchlight effect.

the released version of the aircraft.cfg for the FSX Native S2F-3 is missing the "Lights" section.
    In the FSX Native version of the S2F-1, the search light effect code in the "Lights" section is commented out.

So if you copy the "Lights" section from the S2F-1 aircraft.cfg to the S2F-3 aircraft.cfg and uncomment (remove the // characters) the searchlight effect, the switch should work.

Make sure that the file fx_S2F1_searchlight.fx is in your effects directory in FSX.

P.S. If anyone ever goes back into these models, it would be cool if somebody could increase the size of the switch activation box, and, even better, put a little light over there when the panel lights are on so you can find the switch
    Last edited by FlyingsCool; February 25th, 2019 at 10:22.

For a right seat view add the following section to your aircraft.cfg file. If you're going to be adding multiple views, be sure to create new GUID, which is easily done from this webpage https://www.guidgen.com/
    I even create a different one for each aircraft. I don't know if that's really necessary.

[CameraDefinition.00]
    Title = "Right Seat"
    Guid = {9149020d-c2dc-4d45-abfc-65c0943f9f4b}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None0
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.85
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz= .95, 0, 0
    InitialPbh=5, 0, 0

Of course, numbskull me realized I could have just included the code for the searchlight effect.... Make sure there's not already a [lights] section in your aircraft config. If you find the following code, make sure there is no "//" in front of light.x. "//" tells the aircraft.cfg reader the following text is a comment and is not to be read.

[lights]
    // 1 – Beacon, 2 – Strobe, 3 – Navigation or Position, 4 – Cockpit, 5 – Landing,
    // 6 – Taxi, 7 – Recognition, 8 – Wing, 9 – Logo, 10 – Cabin

light.0= 7, 2.480, 21.591, 1.059, fx_S2F1_searchlight

Oh, and if you want to add a couple passengers views in the C-1A Trader....

Try these... Don't forget to modify the index numbers as needed.

[CameraDefinition.xy]
    Title = "Passenger"
    Guid = {aaeb7660-81bf-414d-adfd-4bc43c0749c9}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None0
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE