Request help from NAS Lemoore community

Thread: Request help from NAS Lemoore community

Request help from NAS Lemoore community

I'm getting ready to publish a new NAS Lemoore scenery for FSX. But, there are still a couple of small details to nail down. The below screenshot is one of them. Anybody know what these taxiways signs say?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lemoore.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	12066

I'll run the question by my son this evening since he has done more then a few FOD walks there.

Are you planning to include photoscenery? If not, I could probably make a quick, day-only, non-annotated scenery from the USGS imagery.

I've done many a FOD walkdown on those runways too, albeit some years ago, but I have no idea what those signs say, if they're not the standard "A", "B", or "C" taxiway turnoff signs. I posted the pic on our squadron page on Facebook, but nobody there knows either. Hoping some pilots chime in.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by orionll View Post
    Are you planning to include photoscenery? If not, I could probably make a quick, day-only, non-annotated scenery from the USGS imagery.
    No, not at this time. A couple of our beta testers have experimented with aerial bases and the package fits the photos very well. When the scenery is released, please feel free to post mods/additions/etc.

Paul and Paul, thanks for trying to find out about those pesky taxi signs...they are driving me nuts!

My son was there last year and he has walked the area many times but really can not remember anything other then marker lights.

Thank you soooo much for making this!!!

Jamal

ps. May I make a request for China Lake or Patuxent after you're done?

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    We have a few at NAS Fallon who might know. They'll be back in Sin City later Sunday depending on Janet, I'll ask them.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I would hope you guys don't know what the signs say if you are doing FOD walkdown! Supposed to be looking at the ground. Hands out of your pockets, no talking, keep you eyes on the ground, and walk it down!! All kidding aside though it would appear to be taxiway markers.. the one after that first taxiway is probably a sign telling them the taxiway they are still on, while the ones before the taxi ways announce what the upcoming one is... I have never been to Lemoore so I have no idea. Heck we never even did FOD walkdown on the taxi ways, but I have been a H-60 guy my whole career so really no need to do that. We usually just walk the parking ramp (when I was in Mayport) and that was it.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by spins_vmfa321 View Post
    Thank you soooo much for making this!!!

Jamal ps. May I make a request for China Lake or Patuxent after you're done?
    ...maybe...:-)

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    We have a few at NAS Fallon who might know. They'll be back in Sin City later Sunday depending on Janet, I'll ask them.
    Thanks! let me know what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    All kidding aside though it would appear to be taxiway markers.. the one after that first taxiway is probably a sign telling them the taxiway they are still on, while the ones before the taxi ways announce what the upcoming one is... I have never been to Lemoore so I have no idea.
    There is only labeled taxiway (to the bottom of the picture). The other side of the hot refuel pits goes to a parking ramp. That's why I'm thinking these may be some kind of warning sign about traffic entering the taxiway ??

Stumped on this one but have been to a few NASs, to include NAS Oceana, most would read PITS, HOT PITS or simply FUEL PITS. Looked all over the inter-webs, hope someone local can help. The pits are generally going to be one direction, with the pressure fuel located on the right side on the Bugs, the pic above would add they would see the signs as they turn to enter. They are going to hit the pits first for a crew change and normally prior to shutdown vice waiting on a fuel truck, as most know, not good to leave fuel tanks near empty.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Stumped on this one but have been to a few NASs, to include NAS Oceana, most would read PITS, HOT PITS or simply FUEL PITS. Looked all over the inter-webs, hope someone local can help. The pits are generally going to be one direction, with the pressure fuel located on the right side on the Bugs, the pic above would add they would see the signs as they turn to enter. They are going to hit the pits first for a crew change and normally prior to shutdown vice waiting on a fuel truck, as most know, not good to leave fuel tanks near empty.
    That sounds more like what I am thinking. Based on the way the signs are oriented, they are for the taxiway traffic to see, not the birds taking fuel.

Here is a picture one of contacts took from a distance. Unfortunately he is not available at this time. Possibly it does say "PITS"???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_20140627_142902_135.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	12098

Members who have read this thread: 1