Shoreham airshow visit

Thread: Shoreham airshow visit

Shoreham airshow visit

Went to the airshow at Shoreham last Sunday, it was a really great day out with some fine flying in a lovely setting, the site is well laid out and you'r real close to the participating aircraft, good choice of food, plenty of toilets and lots of aviation stalls, and the 1930's terminal building is really funky also.
    The big disappointment for me was the no-show of the Canadian Lancaster, display cancelled due to engine trouble unfortunately, the Royal Navy historical flight was also due to display but their not having much luck this year either. There were still plenty good performance's though, my favorites include a Gladiator, Mk1 Spitfire and Hurricane formation, the Dutch B25 and the Strikemaster/Hunter display at the end of the show.

Will definitely consider returning next year, enjoy the pics, ian

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/833607/album/705757

SOH-CM-2023
    My very first visit to Shoreham....
    Keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dad & K Shoreham img005.jpg  

Nice pics Ian, and it looks like a great selection of a/c. Sad about missing the CWHS Lanc. (Good news is replacement engine ran up fine and it should be good to go in the next day or so).

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 1