Running out of fuel.....

Thread: Running out of fuel.....

Running out of fuel.....

This is a bit of a silly question, but one that has been bugging me for ages and has now becoming something a little important, but how do I refuel the aeroplane when away from home, or at any airfield to be more precise?

I'm currently flying the wonderful A2A Cherokee around the UK, using the Horizon Scenery and the UK2000 Airfields and after leaving Plymouth, have journeyed via Dunkeswell, Compton Abbas to Popham. With only five gallons in the left hand tank, I transferred to the right and am now at Redhill, before I hopefully will circum-navigate London and then heading North. At each airfield I visit, I stop at the pumps, turn everything off and well nothing happens. I try changing the fuel loads in the relevant menu, but am still left with empty tanks. The way I'm going at the moment, looks like I'll be coming home on a train simulator!

What am I doing wrong? Or is there a simple way around it?

Best wishes,

Martin

You either need to taxi to a self service fuel island or press Shift+F to request a fuel truck when you're in a parking spot. Different airports may or may not have these services. Taxiing to a fuel island will automatically fill your tanks to 100% when you stop. Requesting a fuel truck will bring up the dialog that allows you to control the amount of fuel in each tank.

Or use the Payload and Fuel Manager (Shift+4) of the A2A Cherokee.

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    Or use the Payload and Fuel Manager (Shift+4) of the A2A Cherokee.

Greetings
    Tim
    Tim,

What can I say......forgot to read the manual again. Read it when first bought the Cherokee, but perhaps should have done again before making my first post. Before this epic trip, had only made short local flights and had no need to refuel, but upon landing at my 4th airfield on this trip, was starting to panic a little when wasn't getting any luck at the refuelling points. Seems there aren't any Fuel Trucks and UK2000 Airfields (after having a little read on the net) don't allow for automatic refuelling either - you have to do it from the menu. As this didn't work for me and I didn't read the manual, you came to my rescue.

Made it to Headcorn this morning, before I head North for my next stop North Weald.

Best wishes,

Martin

There's a keystroke set to restore fuel to 100% on the fly.

I think it is ctrl/shift/K but not altogether sure.

Haven't tried this but I'll bet it doesn't work on the A2A Cherokee. That just wouldn't be Accu-sim!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

FSX allows you to assign keystrokes that will re-fill fuel. I have assigned I+F (increase fuel). I hit those a couple of times and the tanks are full.

Members who have read this thread: 3