New project

Thread: New project

Blog Entries

New project

Still in the early stages. Eventually will cover all of Milton's Aero Commanders
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-9-1_10-32-27-821.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	11958

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Sweet - a great model - can't wait to see the upgrade
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

The Aerocommander is one of my favorites. Milton's model, as with all of his creations, is a masterpiece. My ex father in law flew those aircraft as a corporate pilot. Wonderful plane. NC

Yes! One of my all time favorites.

I second that, and cant wait, an upgraded Aero Commander would be great. Navy Chief your dad was lucky. I flew the Shrike and the AC680 in my career (we had them in the Australian Customs-Coastwatch Service as Customs would not let them get rid of them when they moved to an all Dash 8 fleet (Maritime Version) many moons ago, reason? the Aero Commander was as quick as the Dash and was only about 1 hours shorter in airtime endurance than the Dash, just did not have surveillance radar gear (weather radar yes) so was used for visual interdiction work in the Timor Sea area. A lot of fun down low and fast, think I ended up with about 1000 hours on the Aero Commander and it was an absolute delight to fly, solid as a brick and yet finger tip light on the controls, enjoyed every hour I spent in this aeroplane. With its weight and speed we used to do what we called the Space Shuttle descent from cruise to 100 ft over the water and arrive over the top of some unsuspecting illegal fishing boat before they knew we were there.

Members who have read this thread: 2