NAS Lemoore scenery!
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NAS Lemoore scenery!

NAS Lemoore scenery!

Somebody here is working on a great scenery package for NAS Lemoore (KNLC) in the Great Central Valley of California, land of cotton farms, 100 degree heat in summer, fog in winter, and Home of the West Coast Hornets. I will let him tell you about it in more detail, but I've been helping test it, which has been a privilege, and he has given permission to release a couple of otherwise Top Secret screen shots.

As you can see from the screen pics, it's quite up to date, including the new control tower, and the sun shade tent things on the ramp. Those actually have been there for a while, but not when I was working on A-7s out there! We didn't have no tents to work under in my day! We worked on planes under the direct sunlight in the 100 degree heat, and we loved it! Darned kids!

Also, note the F/A-18 approach in the dark. You can select “normal” or “FCLP” runway lighting, which is definitely a “cool factor” enhancer.

He has really done a first rate job, and it will be out “soon”!

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Three more pics...

HP Reverb G2

Looks great Paul, and Lemoore looks a bit different then when I had been there several times in the early 90's ... payware or freeware ? Mike

That is looking awesome! I've been flying in and out of there often since the release of Orbx NCA, although this is just south of the edge of that release. It's nice to have some well detailed mil bases in FS. Thanks for the previews.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Looks great Paul, and Lemoore looks a bit different then when I had been there several times in the early 90's ... payware or freeware ? Mike
    Hi Mike, it will be freeware with limited distribution. The final package is probably 2-3 weeks away but will be uploaded here at SOH. Paul and Jim have graciously pitched in to provide some last minute testing and feedback. I will make a more formal announcement when the upload occurs.

Cheers!

Henry

Looks great, finally can put my "made for FS9" NLC to bed now, while great scenery pretty big hit on frames along with all the AI Bugs.

PRB, the sun shades are not so much for the "darned kids" but for those very $$$ plastic jets.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Having been lucky enough to put this one through it's paces, I can definitely attest that it's a damn fine job, and very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    ... PRB, the sun shades are not so much for the "darned kids" but for those very $$$ plastic jets.
    That makes sense. Probably a very cost effective idea. Hope somebody got a "benny-sug" award out of it...
    HP Reverb G2

Very nice work. This will be a big improvement over the FSX default Lemoore and a nice place for all the Light Attack fans to fly out of. And fewer trees, too. The default Lemoore looks more like the Pacific Northwest than the San Joaquin Valley.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Looks awesome! Have yet to ever be stationed or go to Lemoore but always awesome to have more Naval air bases in FSX!
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Very nice! I'm looking forward to this scenery. Right now I have Jim Dhaenens' FS9 converted for FSX scenery of NAS Lemoore. Will you be making the scenery for the main entrance of the base?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScrCap026.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	12002
    I have been on base several times over the past few years and my granddaughter was born at the base hospital this past October.
    A few pics I took when there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00019.jpg 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	12003Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00021.jpg 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	12004Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	12005Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00024.jpg 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	12006

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    Very nice! I'm looking forward to this scenery. Right now I have Jim Dhaenens' FS9 converted for FSX scenery of NAS Lemoore. Will you be making the scenery for the main entrance of the base?

I have been on base several times over the past few years and my granddaughter was born at the base hospital this past October.
    A few pics I took when there.
    Paul, nice pictures, probably could have used you as a resource!! At this point, not even all of the operations area is modeled, mostly because of performance issues. As you know Lemoore is a BIG facility and to avoid the airport taking all the FSX processor, I opted to model only the detail next to all the taxiways and ramps. Here are the areas included. http://uchisworld.wordpress.com/2014...eginners-mind/

I have considered making a version that is optimized for photoscenery but for now, that is just a plan.

Because we are finalizing the next Lemoore release version, I have taken down all the beta downloads. Please bear with us for a couple of weeks while we put together the v1.00.

Thanks for all your positive comments and interest. First upload will be here at SOH!

Lemoore fans....on Wednesday this week, my computer got a "drive-by" virus from a webpage advert. It encrypted all the files on my computer so they could not be read. I maintain a server and triplicate backup systems so I was able to get back in business pretty quickly.

Unfortunately, the last time my FSX install was backed up was approx. 2.5 weeks ago. I had the Lemoore package just about ready for publish except for some files from another contributor. Now I find I have lo...st 2 weekends worth of work on the scenery. No major losses but LOTS of little details that were fixed, changed, etc.

Please bear with me while I reconstruct all the changes over the next couple of weekends.

Thanks for your patience and please BACKUP YOUR COMPUTER!!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear about that.. Hate those scum bags that do stuff like that trying to extort money from people. I have read that is a popular thing now to do that, and then have a popup offering to unlock your files for X amount of dollars. Some people just have nothing better to do I suppose. Has been a few weeks since I last did a backup myself so thanks for the reminder! Was greatly looking forward to the release! Don't try to cram it all in one week though.
    Steve

I had gotten lazy on my changelog because I was "just" making little changes. We'll sort it out, thanks for the encouragement.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Figured would give this a bump after a month. Hopefully things are going better after the virus.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    Figured would give this a bump after a month. Hopefully things are going better after the virus.
    Thanks for asking!

Still working at it. Managed to get all the little changes back and in the process spent a whole weekend trying to reduce the performance impacts of the night lighting and just didn't make any headway. Have decided to leave as is for now.

29Palms released a free tool designed for switching out scenery files. This seems like it is a better way to do the bgl switching needed for the FCLP parts. Learning the tool and adapting it is where I am right now.

So, very much alive...always seems like the last 10% always takes way more than 10% of the time!

There's a more functional and more customizable (and also free) scenery manager here. It also has additional features in comparison to the both the free and paid 29Palms versions.

Quote Originally Posted by orionll View Post
    There's a more functional and more customizable (and also free) scenery manager here. It also has additional features in comparison to the both the free and paid 29Palms versions.
    Orion, this looks great! Thanks for the heads up, will definitely check it out.

Looking good Henry!

Members who have read this thread: 2