NAS Lemoore scenery! - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NAS Lemoore scenery!

this is base available?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

That's a good question. Based on that previous post it looks like reiteration of install instructions for those who were having difficulties. Not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    this is base available?
    Yes this weekend we will publishing a public link. The screen cap from the updated manual is what we were working on a couple of days ago.

Here is another shot courtesy of Pappy from FSXMiramar:

Then please tell me the exact link

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

After a year of work, multiple iterations, and a great community effort, the KNLC NAS Lemoore FSX Scenery v1.00 is available for download. (yikes that sounds official).

If you have any previous versions, please delete them and download this latest package.

Please read the manual! The installation is a bit more complex than some packages and there are several configuration options for its use.

To quote the manual (did I say you should read the manual?): “…there are dozens and dozens of folks who have helped with a forum post, a comment or just a conversation. A partial list of those who helped are: Avia Scorp, FSXNavyPilot, JimmyRFR, Mad Doog, MigBait, Navy Chief, Pappy, PRB, Geoffrey K., Mike T., Bill D., and TexxasAl. Thanks to all of you, named and unnamed, for your generous help and support.“

HUGE shoutout to Avia Scorp for finding a significant bug this morning that we were able to quickly correct.

Be sure to check http://vlso.blogspot.com for the vLSO integration.

Here is the link: http://1drv.ms/1Cpfu2A

Please contact us (info in the manual!) if you have any questions, comments, corrections, or want to collaborate on mods/additions.

Enjoy.

Thank you very much. Just D/L'd. Won't be able to try until later this afternoon...gotta fix a dryer and do some work first. Looking forward to some Navy fun flying.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Alright! Patience has paid off. Will have to fly the F-4 out there to do some touch and goes and check the area out. Been awhile since I have flown out to the West Coast. Thank you for improving another NAS in FSX for us!
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Thank you very much for this awesome looking scenery! Off to download.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Thank you very much for this awesome looking scenery! Off to download.
    Duckie, the scenery looks really good with the Razbam Corsairs!

Here is NAS Lemoore with new T-6B Texan II. Looks great...thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-12-21_16-47-33-341.jpg  
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Here is NAS Lemoore with new T-6B Texan II. Looks great...thanks!
    Looking good...I do like that T-6B

Blog Entries
    Beautiful and accurate rendering, lots of detail, no performance hit - life is good, folks - many kind thanks.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Beautiful and accurate rendering, lots of detail, no performance hit - life is good, folks - many kind thanks.

dl
    Thanks DL, means a lot.

Looks like a home run, Henry!

Duckie

Looks like a home run, Henry!"
    That SLUF looks right at home, Duckie!

Looks like a home run, Henry!

Nice screenshot, Steve! Did you populate the flightline with Corsair II AI? Pete

Hi Pete, thanks, but I'm afraid not. That's the 195 SLUF repaint I'm working on. Just exploring the airfield.

Haven't tried any AI ops in X yet.
    Duckie

Outstanding job on the scenery!

Thank you!

Hi Pete, thanks, but I'm afraid not. That's the 195 SLUF repaint I'm working on. Just exploring the airfield.

Haven't tried any AI ops in X yet.

Well, IF you ever do, please share (if you don't mind) on how you do it? Thanks. Pete

Blog Entries
    We're not that far away .... MAIW has done a great FS9 traffic package featuring F/-A-18s and another of the Hellenic Air Force featuring A-7s done by Jake Burrus. Here's what they look like:

http://www.owlsnest.eu/maiw/MAIW%20H...s/image002.jpg

All we'd need to do is

1) Convert the fs9 traffic .bgl into an FSX one. That's mere seconds worth of work.
    2) Get a few paints of appropriate NAS Lemoore squadrons made up for the A-7s. With both A-7Es and TA-7Cs in the Hellenic AF package, a very interesting set of squadrons could be done, including VA-174 for the two-holers, as well as regular "line/fleet" units for the A-7E.

Of course, the rub is I can't paint. The texture folders are just 2 x bmps each - so to a decent repainter, this could potentially be straight forward, given all we're looking at is AI level quality. Furthermore, whereas the MAIW pack has each individual airframe done with its own paint - corresponding to its own AI flight, it could be made easier still if we just had one paint scheme per unit - and the line of planes would all share the same BuNo. Not as nicely and thoroughly done as MAIW does it, but I certainly wouldn't complain. Then it's simply a matter of recompiling the new bgl reflecting the new aircraft - and we'd be done. Lemoore could go back in time a couple of decades in time fairly easily.

For my part, I'm happy to do the AIFP traffic work, if someone were to do the painting on the MAIW A-7s ... I'd of course ask permission to use the MAIW files beforehand ...

cheers,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by evvatc View Post
    Outstanding job on the scenery! Thank you!
    Appreciate your kind words. Very happy you are enjoying it.

DL and Chief -- I don't have any experience with AI but if someone were to need to modify the AFCAD's for traffic, I would be happy to collaborate and update the scenery.

This new KNLC works great!! beautiful job! I had been using the FS9 MAIW version, but this is much better. FYI, the MAIW FS9 AI, converted to FSX works great on this airport. I fired it up and was pleased to see FA-18's lined up in all the covered parking spaces. :-)

Only one minor issue. When taxiing from the covered parking on the north side of the main ramp to RWY 32R, the progresive taxi markers take you on a taxiway, but right through the middle of a couple of small buildings and a construction barrier! Dont know if thats a result of a leftover afcad from the MAIW version, or an error in this new scenery?

Otherwise the parking and the AFCAD markings seem to fit the base perfectly. I did deactivate the MAIW KNLC before launch, so the main base doesnt conflict.

Gonna take a helicopter tour of the base now! KNFL and KNLC are my two "go to" favorite west coast Navy bases.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    We're not that far away .... MAIW has done a great FS9 traffic package featuring F/-A-18s and another of the Hellenic Air Force featuring A-7s done by Jake Burrus. Here's what they look like:

All we'd need to do is

1) Convert the fs9 traffic .bgl into an FSX one. That's mere seconds worth of work.
    2) Get a few paints of appropriate NAS Lemoore squadrons made up for the A-7s. With both A-7Es and TA-7Cs in the Hellenic AF package, a very interesting set of squadrons could be done, including VA-174 for the two-holers, as well as regular "line/fleet" units for the A-7E.

Of course, the rub is I can't paint. The texture folders are just 2 x bmps each - so to a decent repainter, this could potentially be straight forward, given all we're looking at is AI level quality. Furthermore, whereas the MAIW pack has each individual airframe done with its own paint - corresponding to its own AI flight, it could be made easier still if we just had one paint scheme per unit - and the line of planes would all share the same BuNo. Not as nicely and thoroughly done as MAIW does it, but I certainly wouldn't complain. Then it's simply a matter of recompiling the new bgl reflecting the new aircraft - and we'd be done. Lemoore could go back in time a couple of decades in time fairly easily.

For my part, I'm happy to do the AIFP traffic work, if someone were to do the painting on the MAIW A-7s ... I'd of course ask permission to use the MAIW files beforehand ...

cheers,

dl

DL, what era are we talking about here for these A-7's etc? Just interested whether any other aircraft like A-4's or F-4's A-6's etc, are also part of the thought process here.

Eric

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    DL, what era are we talking about here for these A-7's etc? Just interested whether any other aircraft like A-4's or F-4's A-6's etc, are also part of the thought process here.

Eric
    Hi Eric,

Eras? I'd be at the mercy of the repainter as to what they'd like. I'm picturing picking an era (eg: late 60s) and then it in phases. Doing the A-7s in one go, the A-4s in another, etc. Then when those are done, move on to say, the late '80s (full TPS). That would give you two distinct periods, roughly 20 years apart. Of course, the scenery is "pegged" to the current/modern period, but again, there's limits to everything.

There are at least a couple of decent FS9 naval AI F-4s available, so the F-4 component has virtually no barriers to progress.

A-4s are easy - I've already used the Mike Pearson models in a quick MCAS Beaufort population I did a while back. They work superb, and can be used in decent numbers.

A-6s are hard; apart from the FS9 Alphasim Enterprise A-6, not aware of another A-6. In either case, though, even remotely appropriate repaints are the missing factor. And of course, A-7s - we'd need the MAIW model repainted.

So there are options, for sure. Maybe I'll bang about tonight with the lovely Martinez AI F-4, and Pearson A-4, and see what I can do ...

dl

Members who have read this thread: 2