Pole Question

Thread: Pole Question

Pole Question

What view mode do you fly combat in the most ?

HUD view with Tactical Display on... My old eyes need all the help they can get.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I try to fly 2D cockpit view as much as possible until I lose track of my target a/c, then I switch to HUD with tactical display like Shadow Wolf.

When flying ground attack, I leave myself in the cockpit and sometimes even go 3D cockpit.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

I use 2D cockpit with Tactical Display on...

VC with TrackIR

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    VC with TrackIR
    You got CFS2 to work with TrackIR??
    "De Oppresso Liber"

It depends on what I'm doing. Testing I use the HUD. Flying for fun I use the 2D panel. If it has a good VC I might use that. Like I said it depends.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    You got CFS2 to work with TrackIR??
    My bad, I jumped in on the Pole before I realized it was the CFS2 forum.

Gee Paul , I was gonna turn this thread over to you to explain that one ,, Wee,s all ears ,,

Screen shots ,,, work in progress ,, same plane ,, all shot from pause mode
    Vc-mode , Hud mode , Panel mode , x Mag view ,, !!!

Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    I use 2D cockpit with Tactical Display on...
    Me too. HUD for testing but that is about it.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

These are only test shot,s , but the second aircraft to pass the muster , Kelti this is for you ,,

HUD and 2D because I'm old, weak and pathetic.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

A bit off topic, but related.........

I once flew a sim, can't remember which, that had a P-51 gun sight that could lead the target aircraft and they would fly right into the rounds.

Does anyone remember such a flight sim?

Can that be done in CFS2?
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Well Devil dog if I had to guess , I,d say that was Janes WWII Fighters ,
    still have the box and Cd if you want it , never did like the fighter on a pole with moving scenery , May be the patches made it better , never added em in ,

Just in case you guy,s are woundering about the paused shot,s ,
    all 3 views , at Mag level,s are very close on site center , Normally only the Vc site stays on center , mag view , the other 2 never were ,
    So in effect now the Mag view , in all three positions is close enough
    to get a kill ,, allowing a mag hud kill ,, To a point you can now use a larger enemy silouette , and shoot the air cleaner off the side of a 109 if you choose too ,,
    Not tested on Xp yet and with so many different models out there , I want to complete at least 10 more trials to confirm , the 2 so far ,

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon28 Sorry pal!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg Willy View Post
    These are only test shot,s , but the second aircraft to pass the muster , Kelti this is for you ,,
    Nice shots, Sarg!

I know where you are leading to.......but I think I mentioned to you already in the past I have no control over how the blurred prop disc is displayed in VC mode.

You know I am currently working on a prop disc library, let me tell you: there are some models that display a fine prop disc in external view and a crappy wobbling monster in VC.
    Nothing I can do about it, CFS2 grip on the VC mode is a stainless steel one....

Just to answer your earlier poll question: I fly just like Captain Kurt. I try to stick to the 2d panel as much as I can during dogfights, to force a reality immersion factor, but, when I need checking my six badly to find out where my opponent is in relation to my plane, I revert to HUD for a larger perspective.

I cannot stand VC, too dark, it needs too much time adjusting back to forward view to shoot and in several models it's even impossible seeing through the reflector sight. Not counting its huge shooting inaccuracy. In my personal 2d panel editing, I delete all VC gauges.

I can't even explain me why it was even created. Oh, yes... to slow down animation framerate with the additional gauges displayed in VC mode....

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Devildog,

CFS1 had the switchable gunsight for the P-51D. Only thing I miss from that sim LOL.

Members who have read this thread: 0