B-17 Video I got to help with...

Thread: B-17 Video I got to help with...

B-17 Video I got to help with...

Guys,

Please take time out to check out this video which gives a brief snapshot of what we do. Also, if you are into RC or want to get into it, please check these guys out at www.flitetest.com... Super cool group of guys to fly with!

Please watch and pass the video along to others!

Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Nice! I'm so glad that the movie Memphis Belle was left in its B-17F form. And yes, when I flew on the B-17G "Nine-O-Nine", even though it was a chilly, late October day, I did stick my head out through the radio room hatch and catch that breeze. Awesome stuff.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Stan, at least you didn't roast to death in 9O9 during the hot summer months. It gets to be an oven inside if the don't open the Bombay doors.

I thinking I might go on tour with them up thru New England next summer. Hopefully I can get another ride with Jim in "Betty Jane", or the dual control/dual instruments P-51D Collings is preparing to go out on tour in her place. "BJ" is tired and needs some major work done on her I was told.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

I thought Betty Jane was a dual control? Interesting...

Yes, you are right about dark colored planes... Liberty Belle was hot on warm days...but Memphis Belle is a flipping oven on a hot day....
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Yes she is Witt.... dual control and dual instrument. The D will be the same. And from what I understand talking to Jim Harley, the passenger will sit up front and the "pilot" will sit in the rear seat. IF they can get approval.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Members who have read this thread: 1