Suggestions for the best NAS Whidbey Island scenery

Thread: Suggestions for the best NAS Whidbey Island scenery

Suggestions for the best NAS Whidbey Island scenery

I've been doing some mods and upgrades to the major US Navy airfields in FSX. Looking to do some for NAS Whidbey Island next.

Any suggestions for the best starting scenery available?

Thanks

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    I've been doing some mods and upgrades to the major US Navy airfields in FSX. Looking to do some for NAS Whidbey Island next.

Any suggestions for the best starting scenery available?

Thanks

Henry
    Henry, I think there are two. I could upload both and send them to you separately. Send me your email in a PM. Pete

While working on my Lemoore scenery, I learned a lot and developed a couple of techniques that could be applied to other US Navy sceneries. For example, adding carrier boxes and night FCLP lighting. Ideally, I could package a set of mods for a existing publicly available scenery. I have been working with Jim D on a mod package for Meridian as a proof of concept.

Some of the mods require minor changes to the existing scenery files. So any Whidbey scenery that is used a starting point would need to be publicly available as a download from the original author so I can get permission to distribute the mod.

Does that affect any of the suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    no question, this is the best, includes nolf knra.

http://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/...?f=42&t=153401
    I think this is V1.5 which is what I had already installed. It is very nicely done. Excellent artwork and IMO payware quality.

Interested in any other USN air stations of this quality.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...d+NAS&x=9&y=10

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I think this is V1.5 which is what I had already installed. It is very nicely done. Excellent artwork and IMO payware quality.

Interested in any other USN air stations of this quality.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...d+NAS&x=9&y=10
    Yes this WINASv1.5 seems to be mentioned a lot as a good set.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    While working on my Lemoore scenery
    Is your Lemoore scenery a still in progress thing, or is it released?

I was working on a version of Lemoore as well, but haven't for a few months as I keep getting side tracked with other projects.. right now I'm working on a terminal model for CYEG as well as a few FTXG airports. I was working on some custom hangars for Lemoore as well as laying down custom parking textures to match aerial imagery.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    Is your Lemoore scenery a still in progress thing, or is it released?

I was working on a version of Lemoore as well, but haven't for a few months as I keep getting side tracked with other projects.. right now I'm working on a terminal model for CYEG as well as a few FTXG airports. I was working on some custom hangars for Lemoore as well as laying down custom parking textures to match aerial imagery.
    Jimmy,

Yes it is just about ready for release. Check your PM.

Yes this WINASv1.5 seems to be mentioned a lot as a good set.
    Yes, except it looks like they have had a major grass fire within the perimeter, turning the ground a chocolate brown!

More generally speaking, I guess photo real scenery is a personal taste. Nothing against its creators who are obviously talented, but there is something about the hand-painted, washed out "water colors" look of it that has never looked appealing or "as real as it gets," at least to my eyes . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Yes, except it looks like they have had a major grass fire within the perimeter, turning the ground a chocolate brown!

More generally speaking, I guess photo real scenery is a personal taste. Nothing against its creators who are obviously talented, but there is something about the hand-painted, washed out "water colors" look of it that has never looked appealing or "as real as it gets," at least to my eyes . .
    I liked it at first , many months ago when I initially installed it; but noticed that VQ-1 (where I retired) was not marked on the hangar (as it is on the other KNUW scenery), and the Flight Line Div. building was missing as well. NC

Members who have read this thread: 3