A new PS....

Thread: A new PS....

A new PS....

Like many days is circulating the notice that when the Northrop F-5E "Tiger II" will dismissed from the service in the Swiss Air Force, the PS will continue her existing (maybe) on four Boeing F/A-18C "Hornet" and will became the first european aerobatic team running on 25 tons. Fighter jets.
    I'd like to have your opinions.

M3
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

With the money saved on not purchasing/leasing the Gripen E's, why not just use a fleet of PC-21's to fill in for the PS, other teams use turboprops and it seems to work.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    With the money saved on not purchasing/leasing the Gripen E's, why not just use a fleet of PC-21's to fill in for the PS, other teams use turboprops and it seems to work.
    I agree. I tend to think advanced trainers and the like make for a better display. The PC-21's a good looking aircraft and pretty zippy in it's own right. I find teams that use front line fighters too distracting. Best show I ever saw the Blue Angels put on was when they were flying A-4 Skyhawks. Technically front line, I know, but much more conducive to an airshow than F/A-18's, F-16's, Su-27's, or any other big fighter...

N.

The Swiss already have a team that uses the PC-7. I'm not sure why they need two separate teams, but the PC-7 team is quite large.

The PC-7TEAM (That's its official name) is a reservate aerobatic team of our Air Force, compised by ten NCPC-7s and flyed by the new fighter pilots.
    The PS is our elite display actually composed by six F-5Es, and with the Hornets it will be more excellent!
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Oh, just because we have 8 (!) PC-21 in our fleet. 8-6 from PS=2 for training. Very very not much for a training fleet. Would be to cry.
    Miro

Members who have read this thread: 1