FSX frustration. Never ending...... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FSX frustration. Never ending......

Quote Originally Posted by FLTNUT View Post
    here is your solution for fsx crashing
    make sure you have admin rights to fsx and user account control is off and leave it off
    Otherwise good advices but I'd leave UAC on (installing some kinky program may need turning it temporarily off). I used to keep it off and got some virus/spyware into my computer. As first task that turned off my virusprotection so I had no idea there ware bad programs in my computer. Once I noticed it (by accident) I couldn't removel the badware or even reinstall my virus protection. Removing the dirt needed a special tool (and knowledge) from Internet. Since that I have kept UAC on. However not a single CTD so far.

http://www.7tutorials.com/uac-why-yo...er-turn-it-off

Pekka

Turning UAC off is bad advice.

I run my PC with an unprivileged user account with a separate admin account and have no problems.

The key is to give your unprivileged user account full control over the program folders you need more control over. Everything else let run with the normal security set up. Its there to protect you and if you learn how to use it rather than circumvent it you will be much safer online and most things work with no trouble. Certain programs are not built to fit this security model and still require you to install them as an admin and in those cases you just change to your admin account install then go back to your unprivileged user account to run it. I have only found a couple of programs that have this issue Real Player and Skype. I have not had any problems with other software.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by FLTNUT View Post
    4, Then into the CMD window that appears, copy paste this: regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll

5, Then press Enter
    No need to register uiautomationcore.dll as it's a core Windows file that already exists.

The problem is not not having that file, the problem is FSX needs the Vista version in it's root folder to work properly.

cheers,
    Lane

Well, at least for now, my FSX is not ctd, so am holding off doing any mods! Nc

Members who have read this thread: 3