FSX frustration. Never ending...... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FSX frustration. Never ending......

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    What I need is to find a computer guru on SOH who would connect with my computer via Teamviewer, and help me fix this!!!

NC
    Pete,

First of all, this is NOT a serious error at all, it is a glitch, an annoying one for sure, but nothing more than that.

if you remember what time the last error occured, open your eventviewer and look at the fault messages. You should be looking at the following thing: custom views/Administrative events. You're looking at a red circle with an exclamation mark.

Copy the details of that, post it here, and we'll be able to help you. I'm leaving home in a minute or so, so tonight (european time) I won't be able to help... Sorry about that!

Keep us posted!!!

Johan

EDIT: if nothing comes out of the eventviewer thing, then I'll help you tomorrow for sure. You have my email addy, so lemme know! In the meantime, mail me your phone number.

Navy Chief,
    this may be related to the newest ATI drivers. It installs some application for gaming which is scanning your intalled games. It can record some footage when gaming (and so you saw that shortcut in the FSX menu)
    I got rid of them and installed older ATI drivers.
    Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Pete,

First of all, this is NOT a serious error at all, it is a glitch, an annoying one for sure, but nothing more than that.

if you remember what time the last error occured, open your eventviewer and look at the fault messages. You should be looking at the following thing: custom views/Administrative events. You're looking at a red circle with an exclamation mark.

Copy the details of that, post it here, and we'll be able to help you. I'm leaving home in a minute or so, so tonight (european time) I won't be able to help... Sorry about that!

Keep us posted!!!

Johan

EDIT: if nothing comes out of the eventviewer thing, then I'll help you tomorrow for sure. You have my email addy, so lemme know! In the meantime, mail me your phone number.
    I had never looked at the Eventviewer. Didn't know where it was, or what it was. But I started FSX...selected a aircraft, took off, ended flight, and then shut down. I then went to Eventviewer, having noted what time the error was. This is what I found: (all goblitygook to me!)

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 8/30/2014 12:58:00 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Peter-PC
    Description:
    Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x53159a86
    Exception code: 0xc0000002
    Fault offset: 0x0000c42d
    Faulting process id: 0xea8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cfc47b35fceafd
    Faulting application path: B:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 2d81b499-306f-11e4-ae4f-20cf3019aad5
    Event Xml:
    <event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <system>

<eventid qualifiers="0">1000</eventid>
    <level>2</level>
    <task>100</task>
    <keywords>0x80000000000000</keywords>
    <timecreated systemtime="2014-08-30T17:58:00.000000000Z">
    <eventrecordid>15298</eventrecordid>
    <channel>Application</channel>
    <computer>Peter-PC</computer>
    <security>
    </security></timecreated></provider></system>
    <eventdata>
    <data>fsx.exe</data>
    <data>10.0.61637.0</data>
    <data>46fadb14</data>
    <data>KERNELBASE.dll</data>
    <data>6.1.7601.18409</data>
    <data>53159a86</data>
    <data>c0000002</data>
    <data>0000c42d</data>
    <data>ea8</data>
    <data>01cfc47b35fceafd</data>
    <data>B:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</data>
    <data>C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll</data>
    <data>2d81b499-306f-11e4-ae4f-20cf3019aad5</data>
    </eventdata>
    </event>

I had the same problem. This is related to the newest ATI drivers and an app which is installed with them. FSX was crashing on shutdown, too.

Quote Originally Posted by djwaglik View Post
    I had the same problem. This is related to the newest ATI drivers and an app which is installed with them. FSX was crashing on shutdown, too.

Can you suggest what version I should roll back to? NC

Thanks. Will try it and report back. NC

Also, make sure that App is removed from your system. It is called Raptr on your installed software list.

http://raptr.com/

Lucas

Also, make sure that App is removed from your system. It is called Raptr on your installed software list.

http://raptr.com/

Lucas
    Well I downloaded the version you suggested, but after install it says my driver is 14.1

Before installing new drivers, I always remove the old ones completly. I think that you can keep the recent ones, but uninstall that AMD gaming application I mentioned. It should be on your software list. By default, it works in the background, too.

Lucas

Before installing new drivers, I always remove the old ones completly. I think that you can keep the recent ones, but uninstall that AMD gaming application I mentioned. It should be on your software list. By default, it works in the background, too.

Lucas
    Could not find the option to remove just the driver. NC

Could not find the option to remove just the driver. NC
    Chief,

in the add/remove programs section of the control pannel, there should be an entry called Raptr. If you can't find it, Ccleaner also offers the possibility of removing it in the tools section.

Hope this helps!

Johan

I removed Raptr yesterday, but the problems persists. Can't figure out how to remove JUST the driver. NC

Update:

Well, it looks like the problem of not closing is fixed. I was playing around with the Estonia Migration Tool. There is a tool within that software to fix the Windows 7 automatic scheme change to basic. Anyway, it appears to have remedied the problem, I HOPE! NC

Another friend of mine had the same errors out of the blue! I traced his issue to the AMD driver change. I suffered the very same issue last year and was reluctant to attempt a new driver update afterwards until March of this year. Such is why I keep a backup of he previous working driver package ready just in case.

Anyhow, hope all is well on your end Chief!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Icon5

Oh, and then there's THIS message that shows up on the opening screen. It goes away,

but I have NO earthly idea why it is there, or what it does? NC

Attachment 11851
    Chief, did you fix this little message?? What caused it and how did you fix it??

My computer decided to update to Win 8.1 this morning. After reinstalling my virus program and Catalyst Control panel, I now have the same little message. It goes away and doesn't appear to affect FSX. Is this related to Google Chrome??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Chief, did you fix this little message?? What caused it and how did you fix it??

My computer decided to update to Win 8.1 this morning. After reinstalling my virus program and Catalyst Control panel, I now have the same little message. It goes away and doesn't appear to affect FSX. Is this related to Google Chrome??
    Warhorse,

I myself had this issue last year with an AMD Driver & Catalyst Control update and another friend of mine had the same issue this week. I believe the issue is caused by the Driver version and the way to fix it is to completely uninstall your AMD drivers and CC and reinstall a previous set. I am not sure why this issue occurs with AMD drivers and I have reported it but they have never explained or found why this happens.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Storm.

I did just that. However, my older version install stalled so I restarted and reinstalled the current, recommended version.

I need to do some more testing. I would think there would be a way to turn that off. At least AMD should provide some kind of explanation as to what it does.

I look for some previous versions but couldn't find any. If you know of one or have one that works with Win 8.1, are you willing to share?
    -- WH

I can't be positive, but am fairly certain the tool within Estonias Migration Tool fixed my problem. I uninstalled Chrome, which might also have messed things up, but don't think so. NC

I can't be positive, but am fairly certain the tool within Estonias Migration Tool fixed my problem. I uninstalled Chrome, which might also have messed things up, but don't think so. NC
    It's unlikely to be Chrome.
    It's far more likely to be the driver. There is a VERY WRONG perception that newest-is-best when it comes to graphic drivers. That is very much NOT the case when you're talking about an old proggy like FSX. When was the last time you saw reference to improvements for FSX in a driver's change-log?

If and when your system works just fine.....don't mess with it by assuming a different/newer driver will make it better, particularly 'the latest' which typically is untested 'in the wild'....

Jafo, I'm rather inclined to try new drivers, even beta ones, from Nvidia.
    At my age it's as close as I come to living on the edge!
    But I always backup my previous versions, at least I can delete or roll back a problem driver and revert to a proven one.
    However, I should add that so far I've only experienced two driver related issues.
    So far.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    It's unlikely to be Chrome.
    It's far more likely to be the driver. There is a VERY WRONG perception that newest-is-best when it comes to graphic drivers. That is very much NOT the case when you're talking about an old proggy like FSX. When was the last time you saw reference to improvements for FSX in a driver's change-log?

If and when your system works just fine.....don't mess with it by assuming a different/newer driver will make it better, particularly 'the latest' which typically is untested 'in the wild'....

I thought it might have been the driver too, but when I tried to uninstall it, I was not successful. The driver remained the same. I am sure it was the tool included with Migration Tool that fixed things. NC

Looks like I found a solution to the icons showing in the Free Flight window with the latest ATI drivers.

The icon is related to Raptr. Instead of uninstalling it, I opened it and changed the option to "load on startup."

This morning when I fired up FSX, there was no icon in the Free Flight window after doing that.

My situation is different than what NC has experienced. After months of procrastination, my computer decided on its own (at least I think) to upgrade my OS from Win 8.0 to Win 8.1.

These things never go smoothly. Not only did it disable my ATI Catalyst Control but also my McAfee virus protection. I spent another couple of hours getting those apps back on line which brought me to this discussion on updating the ATI stuff.

I'm still monitoring things. I have one app that's giving me a script error on loading and the computer didn't recognize the USB Combatstick this morning. Sigh.

Aren't computers fun.
    Last edited by WarHorse47; September 5th, 2014 at 10:10.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Jafo, I'm rather inclined to try new drivers, even beta ones, from Nvidia.
    At my age it's as close as I come to living on the edge!
    But I always backup my previous versions, at least I can delete or roll back a problem driver and revert to a proven one.
    However, I should add that so far I've only experienced two driver related issues.
    So far.
    I always thought swearing at your mum was 'living on the edge'....
    But she's gone now....so eventually ya gotta find new limits to cross...

Re the 'drivers'....it's not 'just' the driver....but all the 'associated' junk that may seem 'appealing' to add....profile managers, for game settings, etc.

First-adopters are a creature somewhere between guinea-pig and lemming ....

fsx crashing to desktop

here is your solution for fsx crashing

hey guys i have found some info for dealing with fsx crashing to desktop

make sure you have admin rights to fsx and user account control is off and leave it off

this file needed is in ms flight folder in msflight lobby

1, Download this file: http://www.mediafire...omationCore.zip

2, Drop the UIAutomationCore.dll file into the FSX root folder

3, While your in the root FSX folder, Hold Shift and right click, select "open command window here" from the list of options

4, Then into the CMD window that appears, copy paste this: regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll

5, Then press Enter

Members who have read this thread: 3