FSX not shutting down correctly

Thread: FSX not shutting down correctly

FSX not shutting down correctly

Ever since I reinstalled FSX, it will not shut down correctly. By that, I mean after a few seconds, I get a screen pop up that says a fatal error has occurred.

Occasionally I have to cancel it, because it will try to restart FSX.

NC

I've encountered that with a specific addon aircraft. It can be a number of things that can cause this if you've got a lot of addons.

Does this occur with a specific aircraft, scenery or other setting? Any tweaks you made to your fsx.cfg??

One thing you can look at is the Windows Error report. There would be an entry at the time the error was generated. Looking at the error report can sometimes point to a specific module which might give you an idea where to look.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I've encountered that with a specific addon aircraft. It can be a number of things that can cause this if you've got a lot of addons.

Does this occur with a specific aircraft, scenery or other setting? Any tweaks you made to your fsx.cfg??

One thing you can look at is the Windows Error report. There would be an entry at the time the error was generated. Looking at the error report can sometimes point to a specific module which might give you an idea where to look.
    It does it on shutdown, regardless of aircraft, scenery, or setting. Haven't made any tweaks to fsx.cfg yet. I will check for the error report. Thx! NC

Members who have read this thread: 0