weird auto gen

Thread: weird auto gen

weird auto gen

FSX was acting up on my laptop, so I went for a complete re-install....and now I have autogen everywhere:

does anybody know what can be causing this, and how to cure it?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Jan, are we talking ORBX here or just default?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I had the exact same thing once. Autogen trees all over
    ORBX PNW. It was the addon airports were too low in the FSX library.
    Moved them up higher and solved the problem.

Is the problem all over the world?

Regards Anthin

I am pretty sure that this is just the "Hurricane Katrina Mod" that was available a couple years ago. Was this flying over New Orleans?

-too soon?

Okay, okay. Usually these problems are from previously installed items, like the gracious gentlemen before me replied.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=BrittMac;902223]I am pretty sure that this is just the "Hurricane Katrina Mod" that was available a couple years ago. Was this flying over New Orleans?

Or at least Hurricane Jankees.

Like the gentleman said earlier, Check the location of the airports, in the Library.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

mmm, the airports are now all the way at the top, with just the FTX library above (yes, it was orbx I showed), but I checked and the problem is worldwide.

Any ideas?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

My guess is that in installing Orbx it has corrupted the scenery.cfg (which it writes a whole bunch of entries to).

To test this theory I would close FSX make a backup copy of the file and then simply delete all the Orbx entries (they should all be at the end).

I would then test.

There is a scenery.cfg I always use that you can download (I just tried finding it again but couldn't - I am at work) which makes trees respect exclusions etc as well. I then changed this to make even 10 mesh not make lake plateaus. I could pm you this if you want to test.

My guess is something was left behind from the original install which corrupted the new one. Probably easier at this point to uninstall again making sure all the FSX folders in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX and anywhere else they may be hiding are deleted as well.

JanKees,

As a former weatherman I think it is global warming......

Sorry I know its an annoying problem, but I just couldn't resist.....

Goodluck solving the problem,
    Huub

With the scenery , don't uninstall - simply reinstall the OBRX again and again if necessary - , over the years I have seen this many times, the many issues I have had and the different ways I have fixed it.

Jan did you install the latest ORBX scenery Library after you installed???
    Last edited by Marvin Carter; August 26th, 2014 at 21:17.
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

yes, I did.

I am not looking forward to yet another complete reinstall of FSX and Orbx, but I may have to....or stay away from the coast..

Hi jankees,
    The problem is with your terrain.cfg. If you can restore the original the problem will be corrected. If you run FTX Central the problem will be back. FTX Central updates terrain.cfg to accommodate ORBX scenery. I have the same problem and just haven't gotten around to correcting the problem properly.
    Jim F.

Yes it is the terrain.cfg where to test you can delete all the orbs entries as they should be at the end.

Sorry for putting scenery.cfg !

Members who have read this thread: 4