A2A Civ Mustang repaint request

Thread: A2A Civ Mustang repaint request

A2A Civ Mustang repaint request

Anyone interested in doing a repaint for the A2A Civ Mustang?

I posted a request on the A2A forum, but it hasn't drawn any attention. So I was wondering if one of our talented painters at SOH might be interested in doing a repaint of the Olympic Flight Museum's P-51D "American Beauty" [the one on the left and in my avatar].

I can provide additional photos if needed, but I would assume that this would be an identical pattern from the original plane flown by Lt. Abe Rosenberger's E2-S, one of the famous 'Bottisham Four' except for the color, name and museum markings.

As a member of the museum it would mean a lot to me to see this done, and would make a nice companion to the recent repaint of the museum's Corsair.

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Oh heck. Here's a couple more shots to motivate someone.

-- WH

Gorgeous A/C!
    Looks close to Obsession, in terms of the paint and colors used.

sadly, I've been out of the repaint game for a while...

Blog Entries
    It'll take me some time, but if no one else does it, I'll give it a shot. Once I am finished with these other projects.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by trucker17 View Post
    It'll take me some time, but if no one else does it, I'll give it a shot. Once I am finished with these other projects.
    Thanks, Trucker. Lets see who else responds to my request here and at A2A. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    -- WH

Don't know if it will work or not but there is one for American Beauty in the library for WOP 2 Mustang. I might serve as a starting point if it doesn't work. Hope this helps.

It is a strikingly pretty paint scheme....one of my favorites as well !

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    Don't know if it will work or not but there is one for American Beauty in the library for WOP 2 Mustang. I might serve as a starting point if it doesn't work. Hope this helps.
    I see that. I don't think a WoP2 repaint would work. But maybe it could serve as a template. Colors look good.
    -- WH

I made my repaint request over at the A2A forums before posting here, and absolutely nobody has responded. Strange. Looks like everyone is focused on their C172.

Trucker, I appreciate your offer and hope you can find the time after your other projects. Thanks again.
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 1